SAIC

Getting the Interview

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Procurement Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in January 2011.

Interview Details They initially provided me with a questionnaire to fill out; then scheduled a face-to-face. Mostly abstract questions or 'situational;' not a lot about procurement or supply chain. I tried to get the convo more about procurement but the hiring person (manager of procurement at the San Diego campus) didn't take. I did not get the job :(

Interview Question – What was the most complicated problem you've ever solved in a professional setting   Answer Question

Lead Technical Writer Interview

Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in May 2010.

Interview Details Went very well. Nice, relaxed interview with friendly prospective management staff.

Negotiation Details – Very simple really. I asked what the job would pay, they told me, and it was $10,000 more per year than I was currently making so I was satisfied.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SAIC in September 2013.

Interview Details After applying for the position there was no communication for quite a while. Then out of nowhere I got a call and they indicated that the position was urgent. Everything moved quickly after the interviews. Hiring and onboarding was easy and quick yet they gave us a lot of information about who the company is and why Ethics matter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move to the DC Area.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in March 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed with SAIC before the company split (now Leidos and SAIC). As a computer engineering bachelor's student, I did not have much experience, but was able to answer technical questions about hardware, software design, programming constructs, etc. Two engineers interviewed me on-site before I was extended an offer. The position featured work with hardware (sensors and other technologies).

Interview Question – Discuss sensor fusion.   Answer Question

Call Center Generalist Interview

Rockville, MD (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details I was brought in through a staffing agency and given an opportunity to come on-board full time based on performance

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They simply e-mailed me an offer letter and I was given the opportunity to accept or reject it

Imagery Analyst Interview

Lexington Park, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

Interview Details First interview was over the phone with the basic questions. Second interview was much more difficult as it was made up of team members I would be working with from multiple companies.

Interview Question – Questions that were based on the current mission that I had no clue about and pertained to past mistakes by the current team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Via email, and I declined the 1st offer and countered.

Very Easy Interview

COMSEC Specialist/Info Security Analyst Interview

Kennedy Space Center, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC in August 2011.

Interview Details I had one interview. The process was very professional and the hiring manager was polite. I was told I was the one who was going to be hired before the interview process began.

Interview Question – I was told I was the one who was going to be hired before I was interviewed so no difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was conducted as they offered me more than I was making.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then on-site interview with 4 people, individually. Their questions varied widely. Some asked technical (rather predicable) questions, some asked me to ask questions I want to ask., some just explained the work expected.

It looked like they invite for an on site interview only when they are prettyr sure they want want to hire the candidate.

Negotiation Details – Pretty much standard - said my requirement, got the initial offer, made a count offer, and got it.

Principal Usability Engineer Interview

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at SAIC in January 2010.

Interview Details I was lucky. A colleague who had been hired by SAIC recommended me for a new contract position. My resume and background suited the job and SAIC trusted my colleague's judgement. The interview was a 'getting to know you more" conversation that we all enjoyed. The interviewer shared his experience going through the polygraph examination. It was useful to me to hear that experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SAIC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $150,000 and they replied with $140,000 indicated that was what the contract could afford. Pretty straight-forward. I wanted the job.

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewed at SAIC

Interview Details This was a panel interview. It was in a relaxed environment. There was a set of questions which the interviewers asked questions from. They initially started by going through my resume, and understanding my work experiences. They then asked questions about how I handled certain situations as it related to my past work experience.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC interview questions and advice. All 172 interview reviews are posted anonymously by SAIC employees and interview candidates.