SAIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Chief Systems Engineer
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in February 2014.

Interview Details A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Interview Question – What things dont you like about working   Answer Question

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Systems Engineer IV
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SAIC in February 2010.

Interview Details Because the Program Manager knew me from working on another project in the mid-1990's, I was recommended to the Client. The Client interviewed me, liked my prior work, and hired me to work on-site. I was prepared for the interview because I had worked in the Shipbuilding Industry many years prior.

Interview Question – Have you worked on a daily basis with Shipboard Detailed Design Drawings in your former positions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional leave rather than negotiate salary.

Very Easy Interview

Seismologist Interview

Seismologist
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through another source and interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details Submit application and graduate school transcripts, invited to interview and present Dissertation to staff, soon after offered the position with very competitive salary negotiations. I was then introduced to the staff individually, and the direction of my research was discussed.

Interview Question – Questions asked during dissertation presentation, all challenging. No discussion of business case since the position was clearly as a staff scientist in support of DARPA's test-ban treaty program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – SAIC has completely transformed since my hire long ago. However, to my knowledge the application and interview for entry-level positions is similar

Imagery Analyst Interview

Imagery Analyst
Lexington Park, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAIC in August 2013.

Interview Details First interview was over the phone with the basic questions. Second interview was much more difficult as it was made up of team members I would be working with from multiple companies.

Interview Question – Questions that were based on the current mission that I had no clue about and pertained to past mistakes by the current team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Via email, and I declined the 1st offer and countered.

Call Center Generalist Interview

Call Center Generalist
Rockville, MD (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC.

Interview Details I was brought in through a staffing agency and given an opportunity to come on-board full time based on performance

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They simply e-mailed me an offer letter and I was given the opportunity to accept or reject it

Very Easy Interview

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Quantico, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAIC in October 2011.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process were great. There was one person from SAIC and one person from the subcontractor. The hiring process was quick and easy.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

EVM Analyst Interview

EVM Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in July 2012.

Interview Details Based upon my past experience, SAIC offered me the opportunity to represent the US Army as an EVM ANALYST for all contracts for non-it products. I interface with the DoD PARCA on EVM performance monthly and DoD records the problem contracts. As this representative, the US Army improved between 30% and 50% per month.

Interview Question – Hiring depended upon approval by the government.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary starting at $115,000.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Senior .NET Developer
Rockville, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAIC in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview process is rate yourself in technology,then question abt oops concepts,database and white board exercise

Interview Question – what is ajax,xslt,linq,lamda expression,design pattern   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Annandale, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAIC in March 2010.

Interview Details Friend got me the interview and it was pretty detailed with confirmation of skills. The opportunities to work in various locations was what attracted me to this company.

Interview Question – Tell me a joke.   Answer Question

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!