SMART Technologies Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

2.9

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

first a phone interview was conducted. Asked behavioural questions & past experiences with some technical questions. Took about 1 hour. They told next step was to have a face to face interview with their whole team. They contacted me after days & said I was selected. The other interview with the team to see if I fit with them well. There were some questions asked. It was overall a good process

Interview Questions

• Past work experience & situations faced   1 Answer

Negotiation

They met my expectation actually exceed it a little. I gave them my expectation & they gave an offer.

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies in April 2014.

Interview

Terse, slow, and red flags were raised. A little dry and less revealing than others. Convoluted and often indecisive . But a great place to get a practice exam but not deeply technical. Flying to HQ is a good idea. More team members participating would allow for more insight into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Lots of probing questions about personal life seemingly to to avoid work/life balance.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

The company contacts the interviewees with Internship Coordinator. One interview, very easy questions. Focus on the skills used in the interviewer's team. Not a difficult interview.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through my university's job board. I was granted one interview after electronically submitting my resume and qualifications. The interviewers were very relaxed and easy to converse with. They asked a lot of technical questions about features of my language of choice (C++ at this time), but only a couple of coding questions. My impression of the facilities is that they were rather upscale and very pleasant. The office environment seems excellent.

Interview Questions

• How virtual methods are implemented in C++   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, interview. Very solid. Spoke with Director via Skype, solid. Director visited my home town, interviewed in person, solid. Flew me to Calgary (international), interviewed up to President level (multiple Directors, CTO, Pres), solid. Discussed salary options and potential start dates on a Friday. Told to expect communication on Monday. On Tuesday, recruiter called and told me SMART had changed job focus and I would not be considered. Entire process - 2.5 months. Was hinted in several conversations, that I should consider holding off on other opportunities, if possible, due to strength for the position. Well - we know where that went.

Interview Questions

• none. actually the interviews were solid, focused, and enjoyable.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

Initial interview with direct supervisor was excellent. Great report, very professional and informative. Second interview over Skype was challenging. With two others. wasn't clear their relationship to person being hired. referred to job description being emailed to me ahead of time, but I never received it. made it difficult to sound like I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• asked to create a presentation on a topic, wasn't clear what the topic had to do with the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a university co-op work term through the internet. Received a response about 1 week later.

Interview was very easy. Most questions were testing general aptitude for programming, testing, and problem solving with some questions. Will ask only questions about subject that he thinks you should understand. For example, the job description wants Python, but if Python is not on your cover letter or resume, it will not be mentioned. If something like C++ is on your cover letter, prepare to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that your search engine is a good one?   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

Phone screening
    Phone Interview / Presentation
    In Person interview / presentation

Interview Questions

• If your material doesn't make it to the customer site, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward - they offered what I asked for.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview over phone with HR person, then was asked to come into Office and was interviewed by 2 guys and then second round by manager.
    Heard nothing back from them and realized that they have dropped the ball somewhere, their HR person was no longer with them, not sure but think this might be a sinking ship, with all the layoffs etc

Interview Questions

• None, asked about Momento pattern, design a book library system, serializations and some C++ questions vtable and virtual pointer etc, The only downside was I was sick as a dog at the interview but think I still survived.   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Got an interview a week and a half after applying. Interviewer was great, very personable guy. There was one technical question, a couple of general questions about things he saw on my resume. Very good expierience overall. I followed up with a thank you and another question, and after a few back and forths he told me that they had chosen someone with some more expierience, however he said I did well in the interview and they would have been happy to hire me.