STMicroelectronics Interview Questions

Updated 10 Sep 2014

2.9

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in December 2011.

Telephone interview for approx 30 minutes, with 3 people. Asked a few technical questions about what I'd done in the past, nothing too difficult. They seemed oddly keen to stress that the working environment was high-pressure which suggested to me that the successful candidate would be regularly expected to work longer hours than contracted.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in January 2011.

really nothing to share as it's just an interview which will eventually not going to take the offer.
    the office is ok. people is ok.. .everything is ok however just a test drive. good for people looking for stable work and life.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in July 2007.

free conversation + a few technical questions, general nothing "in detail", although you had to know the subject well

Interview Questions
    • what are the sources of noise in image sensors?
      A/D types
        Answer Question
    you will have to work long hours in this place. think carefully !!!!! I mean it !!!!!

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Written Test (It covers mostly digital STA Concepts), followed by two technical (one by team member and one by group manager) and one HR round, Overall the process is quite simple.

Interview Questions
    ST dosen't give away anything in negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Some 7 rounds from Technical to HR to Senior Manager. It was a long process of 1 month and I followed myself for almost 3-4 times to get a final feedback.

No negotitation was done by me as was getting almost 100% increment

Internship Interview

Very efficient and quick. After sent the CV and received the phone call from the recruiting secretary in one-two week you will have an appointment. You will be received in a group of four to five people, each one of which will make at least one question.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, they try to understand your base capabilities in technical skills, trying mostly concentrated in your personal skills.   Answer Question

DSP Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

First round talking with HR, some behavior questions; second round technical interview, talking with a senior engineer about technical problems; final round talking with the manager, talking on generally what the team is working on, what's my expectation, my technical background and some general technologies I know. Overall is a good experience, not quite difficult..

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

One telephonic interview followed by a face to face interview

I did not negotiate.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer,

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Sent a CV through e-mail. Called for the interview by telephone. Got two interviews, one with HR, the second with senior engineers. The latter has been done using multiple-choice questions as well as face-to-face question and answer session.

Interview Questions
    • I've been asked about
      - accumulators and FIR filters: what they are and how to size them;
      - optimization algorithms;
      - timing equation for setup check.
        Answer Question