SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014
25 interviews

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Only graduate student admission with fellowship to cover the expense. The program was chemical engineering. Need to select a advisor in the first year. After that, can become a research assistant, focusing on Ph.D thesis.

NA

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in March 2012.

Not much to say, I printed the application, got work study, said I was a student and filled out the forms. They didn't ask any questions I just got the job it's as simple as that.I was not asked any questions other than whether I had work study

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions other than whether I had work study   Answer Question
    None

CIT Public Sites Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Applied on their website with a small application process. Does not require resume. Once selected you will complete a test on Microsoft Office products and in general computing. If you clear the test, they will invite you for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What animal would you like to be if you had the chance?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Group interview, then individual with several senior level people.

Interview Questions
    • Plans for this role moving forward. What changes I plan on making.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in August 2013.

First, application online, Second interview, introduce the job duty.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Acceptance to position depends on academics and interest in the field. There is a small interview session with the director and then they decide which project to offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the reason for your o chose this field. Where do you see yourself wrt to this field in the next three years   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Being a PhD student and having a CS background, I was approached to teach technically oriented courses from the beginning of my PhD program. I taught these courses as part of my GA duties. However, this changed to a more comprehensive adjunct instructor position after my fourth year in the PhD program. There was no formal hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to set up labs with another professor and that turned out logistically difficult.   Answer Question

Executive MBA Program Graduate Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in March 2010.

The hiring process for my role was fairly straightforward and primarily dependent on my performance in class/relationship with professors. The Assistant Dean of the MBA program in the School of Business has clearly spoken with my Undergraduate professors to ensure that I had the knowledge to tutor and teach Executive MBA students who have spent copious amounts of money on the program. The actual Q&A portion was very short with an offer right away.

Interview Questions
    • There was really not much in the way of questions. It was more of an assessment of my ability to commit the necessary time and willingness to help the students succeed.   Answer Question
    Stright offer

Plant Utilities Engineer Interview

Lame backwards upside down management

Interview Questions
    • They didn't know the questions let alone the answers   View Answer
    Terrible

Research Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in January 2011.

Found the job online at UB career website, applied, three recommendation letters, CV, cover letter.

Initial phone interview with staff, then phone interview with the hiring manager (Principle Investigator), then on site interview with lab members and gave a talk, then received a letter of offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it is just that.

Worked for SUNY Buffalo? Contribute to the Community!