SYKES Interview Questions

2.4

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in December 2010.

problem solving questions. like tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, angry customer, tell me about yourself.
    One interview of about 20 minutes,very friendly and helpful

.No negotiation phase

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2010.

I was scouted by Sykes' internal Recruiter who found my resume online through Career Builder. He called me to discuss the position over the phone and schedule an interview. Initially the interview was meant to be completed in one day, but the Vice President of Global Compensation & Benefits was unable to meet with me unexpectedly. During my inteviews on Day 1, I met with the Global Benefits Manager first, and then spoke with the Benefits Department's team members consisting of a Senior Benefits Administrator and another Benefits Administrator. I was asked ordinary interview questions about my employment history, HRIS experience, knowledge of Benefits and compliance, my strengths and weaknesses, my thoughts about the position and whether I had questions for them. When I returned on my second day to interview with the Vice President, I was asked an array of similar questions. Once an offer was made, which I accepted, I had to return to Sykes for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were out of the ordinary or extraordinarily difficult.   Answer Question
    I accepted the terms of the offer letter as they were presented with no request for revisions.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Everything seemed fine until the days and times I was supposed to start didn't match up with what was listed on my Pre-Employment Session.There was a lot of paperwork, but that didn't bother me. Their Website was a little shabby, and when you clicked on a guide that you needed for the employment process, it was like it was broken because it took you back to the main website. I had to search on Google for the guide.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on an ISS for 5 years circling Saturn, describe what your day would be like.   View Answer
    I inquired as to why I have different hours than what I selected, and the interviewer (who was really nice and professional) just didn't seem to know what I meant. However, it was late at night on a weekend so that's probably part of the problem.

Customer Service Representative Interview

really easy to get an offer. they seemed to be really desperate at the time to hire people. I have heard alot of bad things however. if you are looking to get a quick job this is prolly the place to go.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were very basic. nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingstree, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SYKES in February 2013.

Hiring process was very long. They interviewed me 3 times an for that last third time they almost had me to come back a week later but decided to interview the third one the same day. he interview consisted of a lot of questions. Vey difficult questions. If you work for this company, do not make it a permanent job as this place is a revolving door. All this company cares about are your scores. A lot o favoritism in this building. I'm glad I escaped this hell hole!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you bent the rules to get the job done?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was perfect and I obtained just what I wanted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES.

I really enjoyed the interview process. It was virtual and really cut and dry. Basically it is all done online, you and other potential employees are in a adobe flash room where the interviewer conducts a group interview. You all get a number to call and they ask questions and also see how you navigate around a computer. At the end, if they give you another number to call, you're hired. Then the second interview is face-to-face, where they just ask personality trait questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Canada, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES in January 2012.

Phone Interview. laid back, routine, interviewer was as bored as I was. I got the impression this company has little interviewing experience. They also raced through it as I think they were trying to make up numbers for the next training session

Interview Questions
    not really, take it or leave it

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in August 2010.

Was done by a young person; she sounded like a child playing grown-ups. I think that sums it up, though this question requires a minimum of fifty words. They employed me, I guess, because of my clear and coherent English, because not much technical knowledge was needed, despite the job title. Anything too difficult meant booking a face-to-face technician.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. The interviewer would have been unable to formulate any   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, and would have been able to. It was take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SYKES in November 2013.

Its like every typical "we will call you later". When they finally accepted me, after 4 or 5 interviews in different languages, they wanted me starting on Monday when it was the previous Wednesday, so I spent a lot of money in the flight to go there from my country they didn't give me back more than the 50% of the expenses.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if a customer is angry with the budget he reseived from the technical service due to having water in the phone.   View Answer
    They told me I would be earning 600€ per month, but they didn't told me it was taxes included, they are almost 25%, so I felt a bit cheated.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in November 2011.

The company's call center location in Amherst NY offers open interviews monday through friday. I initially was required to fill out a paper application with standard info name, address ,work experience, education., etc. You then take a computer simulated test calls to whether you will be able to be successful in a call center environment. There was also a personality & aptitude exam. Based on results you will get an offer on the spot. You then are given an oral swab drug test.

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate. Set starting pay with annual merit increase

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!