SYKES

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support
Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in December 2010.

Interview Details problem solving questions. like tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, angry customer, tell me about yourself.
One interview of about 20 minutes,very friendly and helpful

Interview Question – What is customer service for you   View Answers (15)

Negotiation Details – .No negotiation phase

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in November 2011.

Interview Details The company's call center location in Amherst NY offers open interviews monday through friday. I initially was required to fill out a paper application with standard info name, address ,work experience, education., etc. You then take a computer simulated test calls to whether you will be able to be successful in a call center environment. There was also a personality & aptitude exam. Based on results you will get an offer on the spot. You then are given an oral swab drug test.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for sykes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate. Set starting pay with annual merit increase

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a customer service work at home position on 07/31/14. I received an email in regards to an interview the same day 07/31/2014. I scheduled interview for Saturday, August 2. It was a virtual interview where you had to log onto an adobe connect room and call in on a conference line as well. First they start off by asking you what kind of Windows you had. And if you answered no to the question they took you out of the room and added your application into a pool of different job opportunities. Then the recruiter advised everyone of the position and certain things that you would need. The recruiter asked a series of poll questions that popped up on the screen and if it wasn't a fit for you then your application was put into a pool for different job opportunities. The question process was about 5 questions long and then you had to do a technical question that showed that you knew how to use a computer. One of the interview questions were tell me about a time that you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it, and what steps did you take. The technical task just asked for you to take screen shots of your computer settings, for example your windows version, internet explorer version, and how fast your internet is. The interview was supposed to last 2 hours, but it was like 3 in a half, because I was offered the position the exact same day. It was a pretty easy interview and the recruiter was extremely nice.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions, but they do ask you questions with a link to where you can find the answer. You have to dig pretty deep to find the answer to the question though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The pay rate was set!!!

CCP Interview

CCP

Interviewed at SYKES

Interview Details very simple. filled out the application got call back the same day. Did a virtual group interview, got hired the same day. Had to pay for own background and drug testing.

Interview Question – None very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they offer you something but tell you something different

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2011.

Interview Details At the time I applied they were still working with the paper application. After going by the office and picking up the application I filled it out there. Interviewed just a few short days later one hiring manager and then they tested my phone and listening skills by doing a mock call. Also they tested my typing speed followed by the standard drug test.

Interview Question – The only difficulty I experience right off was handling the first incoming call and remembering to stay calm and confident.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Interview Question – Haven't got to that process yet   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Question – Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Sumter, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Interview Details Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Interview Question – Why did I choose to work at Sykes?   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Manila (Costa Rica)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details Fill out a CV on paper and on a computer
Screening Interview with HR staff
Second Interview with HR TL
Tests - depends on years of experience and the account applied for
Job Offer or not

Interview Question – Tech questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 options will be given: low salary high benefits such as more days of leave, or high salary less benefits

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
London, ON (Canada)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in April 2010.

Interview Details Very straight forward, computer testing was new to me. I did better than I thought I did. The interviewers from Human Resources were quite good and helpful. I would recommend that they give more information about the job itself.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you resolved a difficult situation   Answer Question

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!