SYKES

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support Interview

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support
Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in December 2010.

Interview Details problem solving questions. like tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, angry customer, tell me about yourself.
One interview of about 20 minutes,very friendly and helpful

Interview Question – What is customer service for you   View Answers (15)

Negotiation Details – .No negotiation phase

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2011.

Interview Details At the time I applied they were still working with the paper application. After going by the office and picking up the application I filled it out there. Interviewed just a few short days later one hiring manager and then they tested my phone and listening skills by doing a mock call. Also they tested my typing speed followed by the standard drug test.

Interview Question – The only difficulty I experience right off was handling the first incoming call and remembering to stay calm and confident.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details When you receive your email about the virtual interview and you respond back. ..how long does it take them to send an email back explaining what you have to do for the interview? ?

Interview Question – Haven't got to that process yet   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at SYKES in July 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Question – Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sumter, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in January 2014.

Interview Details Apply online, Wait for a phone call, Dress for success, Hire or Miss. First, apply at workforsykes.com and complete your application. Then, wait on a phone call for consideration. And, bring a resume and cover letter to your interview.

Interview Question – Why did I choose to work at Sykes?   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Manila (Costa Rica)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details Fill out a CV on paper and on a computer
Screening Interview with HR staff
Second Interview with HR TL
Tests - depends on years of experience and the account applied for
Job Offer or not

Interview Question – Tech questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 options will be given: low salary high benefits such as more days of leave, or high salary less benefits

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
London, ON (Canada)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in April 2010.

Interview Details Very straight forward, computer testing was new to me. I did better than I thought I did. The interviewers from Human Resources were quite good and helpful. I would recommend that they give more information about the job itself.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you resolved a difficult situation   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative

Interviewed at SYKES

Interview Details online and over the phone had to do some research online and read your answer outloud.... they do drug test and background. the person who interviewed me was very nice but the people at the site are arragant with a bad attitude

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details interview was very easy, staff was pleasant looks like a great place to work pay could be better but it goes up after 6 months thats a plus overall experience was great.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Counsel Interview

Counsel
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SYKES.

Interview Details Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Following lengthy phone screen, had separate phone interviews with three individuals, took on-line intelligence and personality tests, and had day-long interview with multiple individuals. Recruiter was very informative with regard to explaining the hiring process and highly responsive to questions. Interview questions were behavioral in nature. Using the STAR approach is beneficial in providing a response.

Interview Question – Interviewer provided a specific legal issue and asked how you would advise management.   Answer Question

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!