Sabre

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details I have been contacted by the resourcing team, the first stage was a telephone interview which they were late for, second the interview didn't had any structure. Been asked questions not related to a job, afterwards the closing statement was we are hiring a senior HR team member so i'm not sure what they need in terms of skills required. After 14 days I get a email saying I was unsuccessfully without any feedback. I do not think the company have a structured recruitment process, certainly Sabre Holdings do not follow the best practice.

Interview Question – questions weren't related to a position   Answer Question

Director, Finance Interview

Director, Finance
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Initially hired as an interim advisor, then applied for the role after 9 months when it became vacant

Negotiation Details – This was OK - but very little room to maneuver on the pay offered as HQ had very little wiggle room on the pay scales

Contributor Software QA Engineering Interview

Contributor Software QA Engineering
Kraków (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in April 2013.

Interview Details First is telephone interview to check your overall knowledge of java, etc.
Second you have interview in Sabre with one or two teams.
This second phase tooks from 1 to 2 hours

Interview Question – all questions are rather logical and appropriate   View Answer

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

Senior Principal Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Sabre in February 2010.

Interview Details Group interviews, one on one and sometimes brought in to interview with the VP. Initial interview is usually with the internal HR recruiter. The individuals interviewing in a group are mostly peers. Some peers have experience interviewing where others are clearly inept at the process.

Senior Release Manager Interview

Senior Release Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in June 2010.

Interview Details I heard from the hiring manager directly for a phone interview. When I came in for the interview there were more than 5 people present. I heard back fairly quickly and it appeared they were anxious to get the position filled. During the interview I was a little surprised at the simplicity of the questions.

Interview Question – It's been a while since I interviewed but I really can't remember any really difficult questions. As far as technical, the questions were more probing around the process they were trying to implement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty short. I negotiated more time off, but that was about it.

Principal Business Operations and Planning Interview

Principal Business Operations and Planning

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Handled as a panel interview. Questions focus on resource management, planning and tracking experience. T&I management and department budgeting were also critical areas. Went through 1st round of individual interviews, second round of panel, third round of management interviews before final negotiations. Final negotiations went several rounds as HR was determined to negotiate my price down. I had to stick to my numbers over several weeks before finally getting what I wanted.

Interview Question – What failure have you regretted most in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR picked a number and stuck to it. I walked. They finally came back with a new number. I increased mine. We settled on my number.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details More or less 1-way interview which did not allow for the candidate to ask questions. 100% of interview was over phone. Would have preferred some face time with hiring manager as well as VP. Communication was limited due to 3rd party being involved. Company need to do better in this area

Interview Question – Not given the whole picture of the situation prior to accepting the offer. Would have preferred to understand the situation better as well provide thorough understanding of skillset   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

Release Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Applied online. Helps to know people on the inside. If you can find someone inside the company to get your resume to hiring manager, the better. You still have to apply online though. Interview was basically behavioral. Pretty easy interview process. Some technical positions might have to do some white board programming.

Negotiation Details – Make sure you get everything in writing.

Principal Solution Architect Interview

Principal Solution Architect
Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

Interview Details HR really slow, once in the door was pretty quick, 3 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 mgrs.

Negotiation Details – asked for more, got it. Asked for extra week of PTO, got it. no issues.

Associate Developer Intern Interview

Associate Developer Intern
Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in May 2013.

Interview Details I have two interviews. Firstly, I was in Sabre Krakow and I wrote skills test. I choose Java and it was standard test with typical questions about this programming language. A month later, I had 1:1 interview with two people from Sabre. They asked me about my projects, Java and gave me some simple algorithm problems.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about work in group and interpersonal communication.   Answer Question

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!