Sabre Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabre.

Interview

I have been contacted by the resourcing team, the first stage was a telephone interview which they were late for, second the interview didn't had any structure. Been asked questions not related to a job, afterwards the closing statement was we are hiring a senior HR team member so i'm not sure what they need in terms of skills required. After 14 days I get a email saying I was unsuccessfully without any feedback. I do not think the company have a structured recruitment process, certainly Sabre Holdings do not follow the best practice.

Director, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sabre (London, England).

Interview

Initially hired as an interim advisor, then applied for the role after 9 months when it became vacant

Negotiation

This was OK - but very little room to maneuver on the pay offered as HQ had very little wiggle room on the pay scales

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX (US)).

Interview

Exhausting and long. They are very thorough and it took over 4 months from the time I got the first interview until I got the offer and then they wanted me to start as soon as possible. I had around 10 interviews (different people) and travelled to headquarters twice. Ultimately it was worth the wait but it was not a quick process. Now from the inside there are several people that have to approve that make the process VERY slow and difficult.

Interview Questions

• A lot of specific questions about previous experience as it relates to the job. Expected.   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interviewed by one person. Questions were just standard C++ questions, nothing easy, nothing super hard. One tricky question but otherwise very standard. Very easy going interviewer as well.
    As long as you knew object oriented programming, inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading, it was good.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you faced in your previous job and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone for a contract to hire position. This was in their Products and Systems Delivery Division, where they had a couple of new projects taking off written in C++ and Java.

Interview Questions

• Lot of C++ questions, standard stuff related to object oriented programming, operator overloading, inheritance, polymorphism.
      Nothing a decent C++ programmer should be afraid of.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

I got Interview Email from recruiter after i gave my resume in college career fair. I had positive response during career fair and i was looking forward to get one such opportunity. At career fair they explained me clearly the position and responsibilities. I has first round of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are equals and hashcode implemented ?
      2. What are immutable classes in java?
      3. What is implicit conversion in Java?
      4. What are different notations for analysis of algorithms? and differences between them
      5. They asked me to explain all my projects

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

online written test on c++(15 quetions).. easy questions but be careful while choosing answers. Then one technical round about your current project.. Read about const and inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Read about constructor and how to handle exceptions within it. virtual destructors and copy constructors.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sabre (College Station, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got the Interview call through on campus career fair. The interview was just for one round which was telephonic.Most of the Questions were very Generic Behavioral + The interview included some questions related to project experience

Interview Questions

• Most of the Questions were very Generic Behavioral + The interview included some questions related to project experience   Answer Question

Associate Operations Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interview is not very difficult, they look more for a cultural fit than for technical skill, atleast for the role for which I interviewed with them. Overall it was nice experience interviewing with them

Negotiation

No negotiation

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sabre in January 2015.

Interview

I was told it is a scheduled interview for me at 11:00 AM at Sabre premises Bangalore, I reached there at 10:50 AM and found out they called lots of people for 11:00 interview and everyone was waiting thereafter 45 minutes HR came to me for an online test(which was not told as a part of interview process) I attended the test which was very basic java programming questions which a person with 2 years of experience could do easily.
    Then came next round of "technical discussion" after waiting for another 30 minutes.
    The discussion lasted around 30 minutes during which interviewer had not asked any single technological question, all about what all technologies I have used in the project I have worked so far.
    Nothing on how I used it or any challenges I faced.
    Asked about the project like what it is all about. Again no technical questions.
    I was getting a feeling that the person interviewing me is not having technical background or does not know what to ask.
    After this discussion HR told me that I did not clear through the technical round, which was surprising to me as all the time interviewer did not ask one single technical or even project architecture question then how did I failed?
    Appeared to me they have decided people they want to hire and were just doing time pass by calling people for interview

Interview Questions

• When you call someone for technical discussion ask questions related to that and then judge, don't waste time   Answer Question