Sabre Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2014
Updated 17 Sep 2014

2.9

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

I have been contacted by the resourcing team, the first stage was a telephone interview which they were late for, second the interview didn't had any structure. Been asked questions not related to a job, afterwards the closing statement was we are hiring a senior HR team member so i'm not sure what they need in terms of skills required. After 14 days I get a email saying I was unsuccessfully without any feedback. I do not think the company have a structured recruitment process, certainly Sabre Holdings do not follow the best practice.

Director, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sabre.

Initially hired as an interim advisor, then applied for the role after 9 months when it became vacant

This was OK - but very little room to maneuver on the pay offered as HQ had very little wiggle room on the pay scales

Operations Research Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sabre.

Applied through school career website and was invite to a interview after few days. Interview questions: behavior question; technique questions; optimization modeling questions. Also, why Sabre? Why do you want to work for them?

Software Developer, Contributor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sabre.

They give a presentation about saber ,then there was a 40 minutes test with 30 question from English,aptitude and technical .then selected candidates go for the interview in which they ask about projects ,some basic c and java questions .
    They take candidates basis on there communication skills.

Relocation

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

The application to interview process was straightforward. Received a call from in-house recruiter as an initial interest screen and then a callback the next day to set up an in-person interview about 2-weeks in advance.

2 panel, 3-person interviews using standard behavioral questions. The entire interview process was underwhelming. The hiring manager and next level up were late and seemed distracted throughout the process.

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sabre in August 2014.

Applied on campus
    3-4 rounds
    first round = aptitude + basic technical questions
    second round = technical interview where they ask questions based on your resume and your projects
    third round = HR interview, again questions based on resume, strengths and weaknesses

fourth round = Tech/Informal round, they ask a few coding questions and make you optimize the code

Principal Business Operations and Planning Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Handled as a panel interview. Questions focus on resource management, planning and tracking experience. T&I management and department budgeting were also critical areas. Went through 1st round of individual interviews, second round of panel, third round of management interviews before final negotiations. Final negotiations went several rounds as HR was determined to negotiate my price down. I had to stick to my numbers over several weeks before finally getting what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    HR picked a number and stuck to it. I walked. They finally came back with a new number. I increased mine. We settled on my number.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre.

More or less 1-way interview which did not allow for the candidate to ask questions. 100% of interview was over phone. Would have preferred some face time with hiring manager as well as VP. Communication was limited due to 3rd party being involved. Company need to do better in this area

Interview Questions
    • Not given the whole picture of the situation prior to accepting the offer. Would have preferred to understand the situation better as well provide thorough understanding of skillset   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

Applied online. Helps to know people on the inside. If you can find someone inside the company to get your resume to hiring manager, the better. You still have to apply online though. Interview was basically behavioral. Pretty easy interview process. Some technical positions might have to do some white board programming.

Make sure you get everything in writing.

Senior Release Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sabre.

The interview was face to face using technology. I was taken to a mulitmedia room so I could have a face to face interview with two future team members from another country. The questions were difficult and you have to be prepared to listen carefully since English is their second (or third) language. I had just the one interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time that I had a conflict with another employee. This type of question can go badly if you have not prepared ahead of time   View Answer
    They made an offer and I accepted. However, I would recommend that you negotiate for additional time off. As a seasoned professional, I should have had more than 15 days of PTO per year - this includes floating holidays, vacation days and sick days.

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!