Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Terrific experience with Salesforce recruitment.

I was approached by them via social network due to profile matching with their industry sector.
    Passed the first interview with the recruiter, and the second with the hiring manager. I asked many times if the Sales Engineer role was identifiable as a typical Pre-Sales role or more as a pure Sales one, and got assurance that was definitely a Technical Presenter role supporting Account Executives and not accountable for the sale itself.
    Asked to do loads of prep work for a panel interview and to learn their products in a few week and show sales skills even if I am not a sales person but an architecture manager. Arrived at that point and assured I could have been a good fit for the role I did my best to learn the product and have a good presentation.
    Feedback on process - sales skills not good as other applicants. They should have known after having 2 interview prior to the panel presentation, so why approach someone with no Sales background?
    Disappointing but I accepted it as I agree I'm not a sales guy.

The worst has still to come and it happens after a couple of months from that recruitment process:

I finally found an open architectural role that is really a perfect match with my experience, and after having been even referred by a Salesforce internal senior management employee the recruitment team declined the referral and my application due to the......outcome of the previous Sales interview proposed by them!!!
    The two roles were not related at all, I have been approached by them, rejected for an obvious lack of sales experience, and if I knew this would impact my future applications to well suited roles I would have declined the offer to interview.

This is the most unprofessional, unethic behaviour I have ever seen from a company with such a big name as Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, they don't want to see product knowledge they want just anyone selling good.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

3 x phone / skype interviews with recruiter, peer and hiring manager. Panel interview with three assessors including delivering a presentation about salesforce and a demo of the system. Another phone interview with EMEA VP, then offer.

Interview questions as expected, panel interview and demo was challenging, but a realistic simulation of the role.

Interview Questions

• How salesforce could benefit an imaginary company (case study provided).   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at Salesforce in January 2015.

Interview

Someone from Salesforce Marketing (ex Exact Target) contacted me via Linkedin to arrange an interview. I went to see him, taking time off work, at the Salesforce Tower in London. I got there 10 minutes earlier and I announced my presence to the receptionist. She spent half an hour try to locate this person who did not bother to let me and anybody knows that he was running late. After half an hour and still with no idea where this person was, I left the building. During this half an hour I also emailed him and left a voice mail.

He sent me a text after 49 minutes telling me that he was in the lobby waiting for me(!?!?!?).

To date still no apologies about being late. Really unacceptable from such a great brand as Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing was to locate this person.   1 Answer

Success Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a grand total of five telephone interviews, a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and then a panel interview (5 people) and a demo where I was in-role. In the panel/demo I was given a scenario and had 2 weeks to prepare. This last demo/presentation is designed to allow them to understand how you deal with issues, but in reality it's an opportunity to show how much of their product you can learn in 2 weeks

CIT Interview

Interview

I had three to four phone interviews with three different people at Salesforce, both managers and HR people. Mostly competency based questions: why do you want to work for salesforce, why CIT, what are your key skills, take me through your CV, what does Salesforce do, what makes a good sales person...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (London, England).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months.
    Eight rounds of interviews with a mix of telephone and face-to-face with anyone across the organisation (EU and US) for cultural fit as well as technical competences.

Interview Questions

• The process included a case study and face-to-face presentation to a panel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (Staines, England).

Interview

Applied for position online. Within a couple of weeks was contacted by HR recruiter by phone and was asked some questions about my experience, skills and suitability for the job - this was quite inappropriate since the HR person had no expertise or knowledge of my field, yet was to decide whether to put forward my application to the Hiring Manager! At the end of the call the HR person told me I will be "recommended" for an interview.

Within a day I received a call to schedule a face2face interview and subsequently a confirmatory email.

Had to travel several hundred miles to the interview location. The Hiring Manager turned up 10-15 min late with another person to meet me at reception. He was barely awake and was looking to the side when shaking my hand - I would have understood if it was an early morning interview but it was already midday and I was the one who had to travel there. No interview room was available so another 5-10 mins wasted in finding a room. Just when the interview started the other interviewer with no embarrassment said had not read my CV and asked to explain who my current employer was - a very well known company within the industry but interviewer had not heard about them. We had a brief chat and was asked some average competency based questions around the field and my experience. The interview was 45mins at best. At the end I was told that the process is long and slow and that I should hear from them within a week re next stage - I did not hear back from them for 2 months!

I couldn't believe how unprofessional the recruitment process is at this company. The interviewers seemed tired and uninterested in life in general and I was annoyed that the Hiring Manager had not qualms about asking someone to travel several hundred miles for a 45 min interview - a phone/Skype call would have been much more appropriate. I did not want to work for such a company with such people and declined their invitation for a next stage interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Submitted CV to salesforce website against role. Had three further telephone interviews.

1. With HR recruiter to ensure I understood role and wanted to progress.
    2. With an existing Technical Solution Architect to ensure I had relevant skills and so I could ask questions about the job.
    3. With Manager of the Technical Solution Architect roles. This was to check that I had enough experience in specific areas (e.g. managing System Integrators). This was needed as the focus of the role was going to change in the near future, from delivering solutions using in-house resources to utilising third parties.

There would have been two further stages (presentation, senior manager interview).

Interview Questions

• This would have been at the next round. They get you to prepare a presentation (about salesforce) and present it to a panel of experts.   Answer Question

Director Technical Solutions Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Totally unenjoyable and unrealistic process.
    Approached via social media due to outstanding profile and skills match.
    Asked to do loads of prep work for a mock presentation.
    Asked to learn their products in a few weeks so as to present these back to them.
    Technical knowledge of their products before process - ZERO
    Technical knowledge of their products at the mock presentation - slightly below ZERO
    Advised prior to mock presentation a general understanding of products was needed only - "high level" is the words used.
    Feedback on process - not enough knowledge of the products.
    Clearly, interviewers didn't take the time to read the CV or other social media info on the profile.
    Process setup to make failure more likely rather than highlight weaknesses and identify how to bolster those.
    Told 'after the fact' that a 'turnkey person' was needed - translation - we want a salesforce guru. So why approach someone without a salesforce background only to let the fail ?

Interview Questions

• Dumb question - why do you want the job ?   1 Answer

Stated they wanted something different, got that during the interview, then changed the scope of what they were looking for. Time wasting.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce (London, England) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial communication through a referral was positive. Had a phone conversation with an HR person, which went well although the questions were very vague. However, after informing me that I would get a call from the department head for the position I was applying after HR talked to him and asking me if I would be willing to have a conversation with people at Salesforce HQ, communication suddenly cut off. A follow up email was not replied to, and it was only after sending a second mail more than a month later that I got a reply informing me the position was on hold and more information would be given at the end of a week. Again this date passed and it was after I followed up again that I was informed the position was scrapped.