Sam's Club

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sioux Falls, SD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview Details Interview was for Manager in Training position. Interview process was relaxed and fairly easy. First standard phone screen, second met with District HR manager, and last met with the General Manager. The hiring process took longer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

Negotiation Details – None

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Submitted online and interviewed within a week

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Relatively simple. STAR type questions. They don't care about your answers per say, just your ability to answer. Drug Tested after initial offer. Background checks are slow. They do not care about your credit. Be honest on your application, as I am sure some of you are wondering.

Interview Question – STAR questions are challenging. Interviews are a numbers game. Apply over and over at many locations before you get a call. Don't give up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Bentonville, AR (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2011.

Interview Details Internal hiring transferred from WalMart

Interview Question – Describe a time you were given a very difficult project with a very short deadline   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Here is the opportunity and pay.

Interviewed at Sam's Club

Interview Details It was pretty easy. Asked all situational questions. They are expecting you to answer with the star model. Be prepared to get hired if you nail the first two interviews. Remember this is retail management no matter what position you are hired for.

Interview Question – I don't remember the questions, just that they were situation based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't a negotiation phase. you start at the base. There is a regional pay adjustment if you work in a metro area.

New Berlin, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2013.

Interview Details I apply threw indeed which sent a link to there web page. Got a call from HR Manager It was out of state for the job but I live about 40mins from the training store illinois/wisconsin border. I was asked to meet at a hotel as they were doing plenty of interviews. I met with HR Manager and District Manager. When I went in for the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself. After I told them a little about myself they asked 6 behavioral type questions, alternating between the two of them. After that I got to ask some questions. It seem very short maybe about 30mins long for the interview when I just spent hour trip to get there. I felt like they were only looking for certain people even with my 8 years experience in retail management maybe I was overqualified. They did tell me the starting pay right off the bat which would be $43,000 which wasn't to bad to start. Just hard to get a job when they do 40 interviews for one spot that's ridiculous. Did not get any feed back after the interview but I sew the same job post few weeks later in my state Illinois so I applied again and got an Email day later saying I would not be considered.

Interview Question – The 6 behavioral type questions were easy and hard. Few were easy to explain right off the bat as well there were few that needed more time to explain. The District Manager had kind of hard time reading her questions so at times didn't make sense to me but I did my best she was new. Oh great all I have to say!!!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

Interview Details took a few weeks. went to alot of interviews. first had a phone interview. then a panel interview. then a follow up interview. all situation questions. very easy if you have worked in retail or have been a manager in the past. I had not been a manager but was a leader.

Interview Question – how to grow membership base   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2008.

Interview Details Ensure you answer all interview answers completely and promptly. listen closely to each question and try not to use the same example for each question.

Interview Question – In regards to policy and procedures. This can be difficult to answer if the applicant who is applying has no work history .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the pay.

Corona, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Was called on Thursday to interview on the following Saturday.The interview I thought went well.Lasted about 30 minutes.We were interrupted several times.I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!