Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Behavior 10 questions was only based on experience. Will ask about community presentations mrkt ing and sales experience. Have to interview 3 people and then goes to regional level for approval. Takes about 2 weeks total for answer and interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Very simple interview call you set up a day to come in interview takes maybe 20 mins you get interviewed by 2 people and then they call you back when you get the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 interviews, first the supervisor, 2nd manager, 3rd store manager. Typical scenario/situational questions. All interviews completed in same day. Saw other applicants that had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, luckily I only had to wait about 10 minutes. Anyone should be able to do well in these interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to follow a rule even though you disagreed with it. What did you disagree with about the rule? Did you follow the rule anyway? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC (US)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Anderson, SC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I waited for the manager to come and I talk to her and she told me to come back tomorrow for the 2nd interview. It wasnt a long wait but the person interviewing me was not the mamager that decided the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sam's   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview about 4 days later. Overall the process was short and to the point. The interview consisted of very basic situational and background questions relevant to the department I applied for. I interviewed with three supervisors, but only one really asked me questions. The other supervisors sort of outlined the duties and expectations for the job. I was asked to submit a drug test and background check. The next morning I got an offer and was scheduled for orientation. If you have work experience in retail the entire process is a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance where you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

It took a long time. The managers and supervisors were both late to the interview. It is very scripted as well. The second interview I did with the company was pathetic. It was very scripted and then I was told they were still doing interviews and that I'd hear back later. The next day I found out I was supposed to have my second interview but no one ever communicated that to me.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to complete a big project? what did you do to complete it? how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

There was no interview. It was literally "Take it or leave it, your choice." You sit in a room with a manager after waiting downstairs for them to meet with you. Then you are put in a room with all the other applicants, and that is your first day. There is no grace period and they do not allow you two weeks to leave any other positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cover any hours assigned to you? If there are extra hours available, can you come in and cover them?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Salisbury, MD (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Really easy, there were a total of 3 interviews, which were done on the same day. The first interview was normal behavior questions, the second was the same but towards the end they want you to walk around the store with them while they ask you more questions. The last interview was with the store manager, I went into the office she asked me "so what brings you to Sam's Club today?". After that she really just asked whether I was in school, what I majored in, and she just explained the responsibilities of the job. Then she gave me my drug screening info to go do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you were given a individual task and deadline, how did you go about completing the task by then deadline.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you and a co-worker disagreed on something, how did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were given a request to fill but you were unable to fulfill the request, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when there was a problem at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Cashire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club (Ankeny, IA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Done very well.
     Was done by appx 6 people in charge of hiring. Took you in a room and you were selling membership to a hiring member who was to be a customer. You had to go over her application for membership to make sure there were no changes. And what type of membership she wanted. Also had to explain different memberships to businesses.Was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult person to take care of and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No was not able to negoiate, they told you what you would be making by your jobs.

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I was a cashier and I wanted out. I told the management I would be giving my two weeks if I didn't receive a transfer and I got shipped out there. It was fun my kind of work.

Interview Questions

• do you mind getting under a vehicle?   1 Answer