Sam's Club

Getting the Interview

232 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Evans, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2013.

Interview Details Initial interview- Second Interview- Job Offer

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation with an employee and how you resolved it?
2. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help out a customer?
  Answer Question

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Basic question and answer process.

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself working here?   Answer Question

Mankato, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview Details Very simple process. I was interviewed the first time by an employee who would potentially supervise me if I got the job. All she did was ask around ten scenario-type questions and then we were through. took about 10 minutes. Was called in for a second interview to go over what the job entailed and sign paperwork. We were finished quickly after that. Called in for a third interview and was told the pay I would receive and asked to complete a drug test before they would offer the position. They were very hasty about my coming in for each interview. I was called in for my first interview the day of my application and went in, was asked to come in the following day (I was busy and went in a day later), then was asked to come in the third time the day afterward. It's nice if you don't like to wait.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you needed to gather information from someone before solving their problem.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Southfield, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process were fairly simple. The online application was straightforward. My interview was at night, which was kind of weird for me since I'd never had an interview that late. However, the position required me to come into work at 9:30pm.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are capable at being an overnight stocker?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details Probably a dozen people in the conference room waiting to be interviewed. Lasted 10 minutes or so for preliminary interview. Scheduled immediately for the second interview.

Interview Question – What makes you a unique candidate   View Answer

Checkout Supervisor, COS Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process is a joke.

If you can stroke the ego of the supervisor/manager in charge of your hiring you are in.

I have associates that do not know how to do basic math working for me.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found yourself in a situation and did not know what to do?   Answer Question

Member Service Cashier Interview

Saginaw, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2013.

Interview Details About 2 weeks after I submitted my application I received a phone call from the personnel office asking if I would like to be scheduled for an interview. After accepting they will give you the time and the name of the Team Lead that will be doing your initial interview. After that interview if you are preferred they will pass on your application to a Coach (manager). Now it normally is same day, however as the store gets very busy and the Coach's are hands on in our day to day running you may have to wait until someone is free or come back later in a few hours. The interview is your basic interview where they verify the information you have provided in your application as well as review your resume. They ask situational questions mostly; "what would you do if....." Normally about 4 or 5.

Interview Question – I feel all the questions were pretty basic and nothing was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to give my availability. They were very understanding of prior obligations I had before accepting the job and accommodated by not scheduling me. They are amazing about going around a school schedule for college students.

Ocala, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2012.

Interview Details When I contacted by Sam's Club, they called me over the phone and we set up an interview date. Once there for the initial interview. When the day of the initial interview came, I went up the stairs to the far left of the building, just beyond the cafe. There I sat and waited to be called by name. I was then led into a small room and the far end of the 2nd floor breakroom, where I met with two managers that asked me questions. They called to arrange the second interview not long after that and we went through paperwork that would allow them to test for drugs, and check my background, and shortly thereafter I was working at Sam's club.

Interview Question – They ask you to sell them a pen. They give you a little while to put together your pitch.   Answer Question

Tire Technician Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview was 5 minutes total... Very simple

Interview Question – How are you a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Elgin, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2014.

Interview Details They give you 2 Interviews that same day. The questions are very easy. You just have to answer some questions basically about how you deal with life on a daily basis.

Interview Question – I would say the most difficult question would have to be "When was there a time you had a big project to do and what steps did you take to solve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be yourself. They wanna hear that your just being yourself and not pretending to be someone else, or just saying something to get the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club interview questions and advice. All 232 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees and interview candidates.