Samsung Electronics America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2012.

Interview Details C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Interview Question – Balanced binary tree code!!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2010.

Interview Details Presentation and personality interview

Interview Question – How do you think future on telecommunication service?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2009.

Interview Details Very rigorous interview process, on a par with Google...but the make decisions faster.

Recruiter very personable. Interviewers friendly. Admin assistant barely uttered a word, just showed me to a room and gave me a pretty challenging paper-and-pencil skills test. Spoke with several current employees, ate in the company cafeteria. One person described the salary and benefits, which were outstanding.

Returned for a second round, where the director had several programming tests for me, including one I answered by email that nite. All in all, they are working to make sure they hire only top-flight people.

Reason for Declining – Chose to work at a pre-IPO company instead.

Worked for Samsung Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!