Samsung Electronics America Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 28 Feb 2015

3.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

It was a fairly low stress interview process where they tried to get to know you better and learn about your past experience and how you approach problems. It also provided a way to get a feel for the development environment as well as the team dynamic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics America

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Recruiter was great, interview process was quickly moved forward, great communication.
    Know your resume, and expect to be bombarded by technical questions during the interview, they know their stuff and you should too. Don't expect any behavioral questions, its not a big deal to the interviewers, probably had about 40-50 technical questions and no behavioral/team-fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are 100% on whatever is on the job description.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in December 2010.

Interview

Presentation and personality interview

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process, on a par with Google...but the make decisions faster.

Recruiter very personable. Interviewers friendly. Admin assistant barely uttered a word, just showed me to a room and gave me a pretty challenging paper-and-pencil skills test. Spoke with several current employees, ate in the company cafeteria. One person described the salary and benefits, which were outstanding.

Returned for a second round, where the director had several programming tests for me, including one I answered by email that nite. All in all, they are working to make sure they hire only top-flight people.

Chose to work at a pre-IPO company instead.