SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.1

Field Marketing Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in April 2012.

I networked through one of the recruiters and received a call on my voicemail asking about my interest in the Field Marketing internship. Returning the call to the individual at HR, the interview began immediately, and lasted about 20 minutes with purely behavioral questions (i.e. What's one of the biggest challenges you've faced? Do you have any experience with marketing or retail? Describe your resume). The recruiter, after finishing the battery of questions, informed me that I passed the first round, and scheduled a second interview with a Marketing Director. The company and the recruiter were extremely accommodating, and despite the fact I was abroad, agreed to Skype interviews. This interview was much more situationally-based and technical, and lasted thirty minutes. Questions consisted of: How would you market SanDisk products at a general retail franchise? What are the four "p's" of marketing? How would you go about increasing sales for SanDisk? Etc. After a few days, I was contacted saying I made it to the final round, and asked for a convenient time to schedule a final interview. After a week, the final interview transpired on Skype and lasted about twenty minutes with another Channel Director of Marketing. The interviewer asked behavioral questions and went over in more depth my resume than the recruiter did. At the end of the interview, the Director said she would send an exemplary recommendation to the recruiter, which (I think) was a good indicator that I was hired. A few days later, I was informed that I received the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for SanDisk?
      What are the four "P's" of marketing?
      Why do you want a Marketing job?
      How would you market SanDisk products at a retail franchise? (You need to have a couple of alternative answers...)
      Describe different kinds of SanDisk products?
        Answer Question
    You can't negotiate; this is an internship.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

I got call from consultancy.
    1) 1st Round -> Telephonic . Simple question based on C and Kernel
    2) 2nd, 3rd and 4th Round -> Onsite Managre Round -> Mostly question on Projects
    3) 5th and 6th Round -> Face to Face Round

HR said they will call, but they not respond.
    Worst ever experience.

Field Marketing Interview

The Interview was very relaxed and wasn't at all stressful. My first interview the recruiter looked at my resume and said she really didn't need to ask any more questions and was happy to move me on to the next round. The second interview took a little bit more convincing and more analytic questions, but overall just being yourself and being excited and not nervous were the top things that helped my interview. They were also both first and second round Skype interviews.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manipala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

There were totally 4 rounds of interview

1st round: There were 3 sections. Written Test. (There was negative marking-0.25)
    1st sec was aptitude(10 ques-MCQ): Refer RS Agarwal.
    2nd sec was C programming(10 ques MCQ and 2 Programming): MCQ were very basic C question. The 1st programming question was:
    if(<condition>)
    printf("Hello");
    else
    printf("World");
    Give a condition such that Hello World is printed.
    Answer: <condition> = (printf("Hello")&&0)
    2nd Programming question:
    Write a program to read a file and search for a string
    3rd Sec was about hardware(I couldn't answer all because my stream was Information Technology)

2nd round: It was the 1st technical interview. He asked me to explain about the project. Asked questions on my project. Asked me to write a C code to send bit by bit via GPIO. He asked me a simple aptitude kind of question(Just to see the way you think)

3rd round:It was the 2nd technical interview. He asked me to tell about volatile keyword in c. Then he asked me to declare array of function pointer. He then asked me how interrupts work?

4th round: It was HR interview. He asked me to tell something that is not there in my resume. He asked to tell about myself. How many companies did i sit before this and why was i rejected?

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2011.

Skype call on the net. Two rounds of telephone interview.
    First round, asked about projects related to thin film process, sputtering, characterize, and device fabrication

second round as asking about usual questions such as why do you want to work here etc.

Interview Questions

not like the person whom I talked

Test Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at SanDisk in January 2011.

5 rounds and easy but difficult little bit. Aptitude, Team leader Round, Project manager round, Sr manager, HR round. All round will be conducted with 20-23 mins. One full day will required to complete the interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing easy all regarding BE academic Project questions   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

written test , tech interview , HR
    tech interview was based on FSM,memory,digital, gates, etc
    ques from written exams were asked
    In HR projects & internship , fursther studies plan , family background , abt urself

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SanDisk.

Campus Recruitment- Multiple eliminating rounds
    1. written test- Aptitude(Mandatory) +Electronics/VLSI + C Coding + Systems
         (Subjective questions included)
    2. Technical Interview 1
    3. Technical Interview 2 (More interviews can be held depending on performance)
    4. HR Round

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at SanDisk in February 2014.

1 phone interview, then an half-day on site interview with 4 different engineers.
    Then, the HR for the start date
    HR also wants to know the compensation in the past and checked references.

Interview Questions
    • Write a C function to count the duplicate items and sort them in the linked-list.   Answer Question
    Yes, for some equity participation.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Test with 4 sections.Aptitude,electronics,programing with 2 code, and some more questions related to electronics.Aptitude was normal but if u r a softwae engineer its tough to crack the other section.

Interview Questions

Worked for SanDisk? Contribute to the Community!