Sandvine Interview Questions

Updated 6 Oct 2014
Updated 6 Oct 2014

2.8

QA Engineer - Fresher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine.

Written Test , 3rounds of technical interview and 1 HR round
    Written test had questions from the networking side and programming
    1st round - Focus on resume and basic programming questions like sorting and some puzzles
    2nd round - General technical discussions on how a network behaves , a cell phone works
    3rd round - Technical questions on networking. Was more focused on L2 and L3

Interview Questions
    • Programming Questions asked in the written test were from SQL   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Sandvine in August 2014.

Through college placement cell. Total 3 rounds . 1 written test. 2 Techincal. First round questions were from DSA. Some linked list questions. Basic network and OS. Asked me to explain the complete path a packet follow in the network topology before it reaches the destination. I os about semaphores.

Interview Questions
    • Design a memory management algo where the user will allocate memory with in 80-700. Total fragmentation should me minimum.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Some questions were asked on C++ and Java.

Write pgm Jolly jumper
    Singleton class
     Q: What is Singleton class?

A: Singleton class control object creation, limiting the number to one but allowing the flexibility to create more objects if the situation changes.
    Q: What do you mean by Constructor?

A: Constructor gets invoked when a new object is created. Every class has a constructor. If we do not explicitly write a constructor for a class the java compiler builds a default constructor for that class.
    Q: List the three steps for creating an Object for a class?

A: An Object is first declared, then instantiated and then it is initialized.
    Q: What is the default value of byte datatype in Java?

A: Default value of byte datatype is 0.

, The interviewer was tring to show off his knowledge.I didnt accepted offer this is a hire and fire company

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine.

There were 3 rounds total. First is written covering all the topcs of study. 2nd was 1-1 interview and third was group interview. Questions were neither tough nor easy. The difficult part was to satisfy interviewer with your answers.

Interview Questions
    • there were no such unexpected questions but the networking based questions were really tough.   Answer Question

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine.

First round was tough..I was able to clear it.
    Second round was high level ..was relatively easy/ but I got nervous in some questions and faltered.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

HR department sent an email about interview appointment, then called and did the screen interview. There are some technical questions being asked during the screen interview. The questions are about basic embedded software programming for networking. The whole process is very professional, and the person in HR is very nice.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sandvine in November 2013.

Guys taking interview was good, but i was fully disappointed with Hr team, because of poor communication, No full details given after selection

Interview Questions
    • all questions were related to tcl , aptitude and technical   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiated in fixed pay, they were keen to see other offers i had in hand

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine in October 2013.

For me it was six rounds of interview, one written on three different areas, one more techinal written which includes tcp/ip concepts and c and c++ programming. Followed by couple of technical interviews.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine.

Two levels technical questions, Generally C++, one guy was great and explained me the answers to the question I didn't answer; HR interview and an offer in less than 24 hours

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you should be sitting as the country head for the com[pany   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

1st round telephonic by manager & tech lead some basic question about testing & current project. some question on scripting as i was working in automation side. Interview was around 1 hr. they asked complete my profile in detailed in telephonic round. then they
    called me for F2F interview. But in F2F one funny thing for me again the same Manager & tech lead came for F2F they don't have any in depth technical question so they again asked me my job profile & some management question. i was completely shocked for this F2F interview bcz same person again taking the interview they don't have any in depth technical question which usually every one expect. anyways after half an hour of interview HR came and she told me i can leave they will update the feedback. after one week also i did'nt get any feedback from HR when i called then they mailed me My profile is not matched with current requirements. it's really very funny in telephonic round it' self i explained them completely about my profile then after F2F they came to know my profile is not matching with their requirement.
    HR Experience also very bad they not communicate properly they not sending the mail for interview just on call they scheduled the interview. in my when i requested to send the mail for they told ok i will send the mail today evening but i didn't received any mail. then again i called then i received the mail. HR is not active very lazy.

Interview Questions
    • nothing is difficult it's very easy process :)   View Answer