Sandvine

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Sandvine

Interview Details HR department sent an email about interview appointment, then called and did the screen interview. There are some technical questions being asked during the screen interview. The questions are about basic embedded software programming for networking. The whole process is very professional, and the person in HR is very nice.

Interview Question – Four type castings in C++   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sandvine in October 2013.

Interview Details For me it was six rounds of interview, one written on three different areas, one more techinal written which includes tcp/ip concepts and c and c++ programming. Followed by couple of technical interviews.

Interview Question – Some Program regarding Hash Table   View Answer

QA ENGINEER Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sandvine in November 2013.

Interview Details Guys taking interview was good, but i was fully disappointed with Hr team, because of poor communication, No full details given after selection

Interview Question – all questions were related to tcl , aptitude and technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiated in fixed pay, they were keen to see other offers i had in hand

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview Details Two levels technical questions, Generally C++, one guy was great and explained me the answers to the question I didn't answer; HR interview and an offer in less than 24 hours

Interview Question – Why do you think that you should be sitting as the country head for the com[pany   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine in June 2012.

Interview Details phone interview followed by tech f2f , good tech qs l2/l3 switching

Negotiation Details – quick

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sandvine in June 2011.

Interview Details Interview will center around data structures and object oriented questsions. Later networking canceptual part

Interview Question – Design a traffic monitor module on network.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine in January 2012.

Interview Details one telephonic followed by face to face; there main focus seems to be on problem solving and automation(tcl is a must, itcl is a plus). They have a unique testing infrastructure/ and a not so common technology so your previous experience counts for little.

prepare tcl/networking concepts L2/L3/L7.

any experience in DPI is also a plus.

Interview Question – why you want to come to bangalore   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i did not negotiate, accepted the first offer they gave

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview Details 1st round telephonic by manager & tech lead some basic question about testing & current project. some question on scripting as i was working in automation side. Interview was around 1 hr. they asked complete my profile in detailed in telephonic round. then they
called me for F2F interview. But in F2F one funny thing for me again the same Manager & tech lead came for F2F they don't have any in depth technical question so they again asked me my job profile & some management question. i was completely shocked for this F2F interview bcz same person again taking the interview they don't have any in depth technical question which usually every one expect. anyways after half an hour of interview HR came and she told me i can leave they will update the feedback. after one week also i did'nt get any feedback from HR when i called then they mailed me My profile is not matched with current requirements. it's really very funny in telephonic round it' self i explained them completely about my profile then after F2F they came to know my profile is not matching with their requirement.
HR Experience also very bad they not communicate properly they not sending the mail for interview just on call they scheduled the interview. in my when i requested to send the mail for they told ok i will send the mail today evening but i didn't received any mail. then again i called then i received the mail. HR is not active very lazy.

Interview Question – nothing is difficult it's very easy process :)   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied online through university and recieved an invitation to a 1 on 1 interview.
The interview was approximately an hour and it had a combination of behaviour and problem solving questions. Less technical but more puzzle solving type questions. Received an email a week after the interview with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• You have 9 marbles which are all the same weight, except for one which is slightly
    heavier than the others. You also have an old?style balance, which allows you to weigh two piles of marbles to see which one is heavier (or if they are of equal weight). What is the fewest number of weighings that you can make which will tell you which marble is the heavier one ?
      View Answers (2)
  • Write code to find duplicates in a sorted array and delete them.   View Answer
  • What is the difference between a link list and a double link list and what is the difference between a stack and a heap?   View Answer
  • Your friend has a program which he builds automatically each day. He is going away for 10 days and he asks you to look at the build results each day and let him know the day the build fails. He comes back on the 11th day and his boss asks him about the build results. You forget to monitor the build results and when you check on the 11th day, the result is a fail. How would you tell which day the build failed in the least number of tries by looking at the results.   View Answer
  • A pizza delivery guy charges 10 dollar flat fee if he has to drive 10km. He charges 5 dollars extra if he has to drive 20 km or more. If he has to climb up steps to deliver he charges another extra dollar, and if there is a dog, he charges another extra dollar. List all of the different combinations.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer - Automation - New Grad Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview Details 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. The phone interview is basically focus on behaviors and resume detail. The in person interview is more focus on technical part. The questions are generally simple and basic. It covers a very wide range of knowledge but most are within the areas that listed in job posting. Be prepared for very fundamental question. Answered almost all questions but one during the in-person interview. The question is what is DHCP. I failed to linked the abbr to my actual knowledge and the interviewer is also unable to remember what is the full name of DHCP. At the end, the interviewer told me that my knowledge of networking is at academic level (personally have excellent academic background and nearly 2years experience in software developer area). A week later, my friend inside the company told me that I was been refused and they hire another one who qualification is at average level but has experience.

Interview Question – Tell me everything the computer does from the time you press power button till you connected to google in browser.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sandvine

Worked for Sandvine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sandvine interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sandvine employees and interview candidates.