Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.9

414 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Sent off CV and got a response within a week; invited to Assessment Centre.

The assessment day was quite typical; presentation, logic tests (do revision on different types of psychometric logic tests) group exercise and one-on-one interview.
Nothing extremely difficult..

However, quite a bad HR department. Some people from the interview didn't hear back about negative results until they personally called the department after almost 2 months. It seems most of the positions were already filled while we interviewed the assessment centre.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you worked on a practical assignment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

Online application, then an invite to assessment centre.

Assessment centre quite laid-back, they seem to observe your personality and whether you would suit the role. Then a one-on-one interview is given to round off the day. Make sure you are well adept with competency questions and have lots of examples where you demonstrate it.

A major con: No feedback is offered at any stage of the recruitment, even after interview.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Applied online
    Invited to Assessment Centre in Dec 2013,
    Standard AC activities including presentation from the company, aptitude tests, personal interview and technical test involving putting together a valve using a technical drawing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

I was invited to the assessment centre in Aberdeen where a full day event was conducted.
    The day started with 3 psychometric tests, these were unlike others I have seen in the industry where the first was a logic sequence, however in a 3x3 grid with 1 square missing, the 2nd was a circuit like problem where different components altered the shape going through it in terms of size, colour and shape type this was fairly easy, the last test was also component based and fairly logical.
    After a break we worked in a group to make a structure out of paper we could all stand under. We had lunch and then there were pre prepared presentations from all candidates and individual interviews.
    The staff were fairly friendly, however a more holistic approach would have been better rather than telling people to leave after not scoring well in the tests which is quite intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • The psychometric tests were unexpected.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave.

The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Field Engineer Interview

Relatively tame assessment day, only 7 candidates.

Morning had some logic and reasoning tests followed by a group exercise.

Afternoon had a presentation on yourself and a brief one on one interview; nothing too challenging asked but they seemed keen to know if you have practical experience. Followed by a 5 minute technical task assembling a simple a valve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

After submitting CV online was invited for interview after 8 weeks. The interview was not so difficult. The questions asked are mostly on CV. To my fortune, there was any behaviour questions. After interview I was invited to assessment center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

Online CV drop followed by Assessment Centre.
    Assessment centre consisted of 5 min personal presentation followed by questions, team task, maths/physics test and logic test, practical test and interview.

Personal presentation topics are prescribed. I haven't had the inevitable rejection yet but from candidate to candidate, don't bore everyone with wordy powerpoints. They will bring up your weakness, lets hope there's an upside to it.
    Team task is achieving certain physical objectives using office materials & stationery. Time is short, come up with a plan and stick to it. They are probably judging teamwork, communication and common sense.
    Practical test was hard, involves assembling a component - look at any diagrams very carefully.
    In my interview it felt they were trying to figure out which division I might fit into. Read up on the three divisions, I was caught off guard when they started describing a job different to the one I had researched.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2012.

First had interview at university, after 3 days I was then asked to an assessment centre in Aberdeen from 9-5, where I had to take two tests, given a presentation on Schlumberger on what the job involved, give a personal presentation, take part in a group activity and finally a practical interview where you have to assemble a valve.

Interview Questions
    • Why Schlumberger? What is involved in the position you have applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Simply sent in my CV. Then called to an assessment day where you are required to do a presentation, maths and lateral thinking test, group test and personal interview with a practical test. There is also a presentation of the company and the position.

Nothing abnormal in the interview, standard questions. Why do you want the job? What can you give to it? How do you think you will cope being away from civilization for prolong periods?