Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

404 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Applied online
Invited to Assessment Centre in Dec 2013,
Standard AC activities including presentation from the company, aptitude tests, personal interview and technical test involving putting together a valve using a technical drawing.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

I was invited to the assessment centre in Aberdeen where a full day event was conducted.
    The day started with 3 psychometric tests, these were unlike others I have seen in the industry where the first was a logic sequence, however in a 3x3 grid with 1 square missing, the 2nd was a circuit like problem where different components altered the shape going through it in terms of size, colour and shape type this was fairly easy, the last test was also component based and fairly logical.
    After a break we worked in a group to make a structure out of paper we could all stand under. We had lunch and then there were pre prepared presentations from all candidates and individual interviews.
    The staff were fairly friendly, however a more holistic approach would have been better rather than telling people to leave after not scoring well in the tests which is quite intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • The psychometric tests were unexpected.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave.

The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

After submitting CV online was invited for interview after 8 weeks. The interview was not so difficult. The questions asked are mostly on CV. To my fortune, there was any behaviour questions. After interview I was invited to assessment center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2012.

Send applicaiton on-line. Received email a few weeks later inviting me to an assessment centre involving: exams, presentation, team exercise and individual interview.

Field Engineer Interview

Relatively tame assessment day, only 7 candidates.

Morning had some logic and reasoning tests followed by a group exercise.

Afternoon had a presentation on yourself and a brief one on one interview; nothing too challenging asked but they seemed keen to know if you have practical experience. Followed by a 5 minute technical task assembling a simple a valve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

Online CV drop followed by Assessment Centre.
    Assessment centre consisted of 5 min personal presentation followed by questions, team task, maths/physics test and logic test, practical test and interview.

Personal presentation topics are prescribed. I haven't had the inevitable rejection yet but from candidate to candidate, don't bore everyone with wordy powerpoints. They will bring up your weakness, lets hope there's an upside to it.
    Team task is achieving certain physical objectives using office materials & stationery. Time is short, come up with a plan and stick to it. They are probably judging teamwork, communication and common sense.
    Practical test was hard, involves assembling a component - look at any diagrams very carefully.
    In my interview it felt they were trying to figure out which division I might fit into. Read up on the three divisions, I was caught off guard when they started describing a job different to the one I had researched.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2012.

First had interview at university, after 3 days I was then asked to an assessment centre in Aberdeen from 9-5, where I had to take two tests, given a presentation on Schlumberger on what the job involved, give a personal presentation, take part in a group activity and finally a practical interview where you have to assemble a valve.

Interview Questions
    • Why Schlumberger? What is involved in the position you have applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Simply sent in my CV. Then called to an assessment day where you are required to do a presentation, maths and lateral thinking test, group test and personal interview with a practical test. There is also a presentation of the company and the position.

Nothing abnormal in the interview, standard questions. Why do you want the job? What can you give to it? How do you think you will cope being away from civilization for prolong periods?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Three Interviews. Two Written Tests. One Practical Test. Interview based on Merit. Aim is to see if you fit SLB Profile. Also Recruiter does nopt want candidates who will fail First Training School. They are rated based on success/failure of their Recruits. Answer truthfully. Be pro-active. Recruiter is really not intererested in if your answers are correct or not. He/She is interested in your thought process and also your ability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • You are given few random pages of Manual of a Wireline Loggong tool. You are then asked random questions about this very unfamiliar tool. Again, your thought process is most critical here. Your approach to getting answers is the key.   Answer Question
    There was no salary negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!