Schlumberger

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Two separate interviews. First one on campus and a second one at one of the regional headquarters. There was an interview panel made up of technical and personnel people.
All the candidates had to do a technical presentation of work they had done recently. You would then get grilled on what you had spoken about, they would go at you until you crack basically, guess its just to see how you can think on the spot and answer questions under pressure.
Apart from that it was mostly relaxed and they were friendly.

Interview Question – Describe your ideal job in three words.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Gatwick, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

Interview Details All I had to do was go on the website and apply about 6 months in advance. They then called me and asked me to come in for an interview. Had a really nice chat and answered a few questions. They then got back to me about 4 weeks later saying it was successful.

Interview Question – Question regarding streamer technology! (Problem solving)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple as they asked and I accepted. They then asked about available dates ect. And now I'm there

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Wireline Field Engineer

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details I had to go through 3 Interview stages before i was hired, 1st was a group test and logical questions to assess your thinking, the test mainly included mathematical and mechanical problems including fluid and torque calculations. the second stage was an HR one to one interview, mainly you speak about yourself and they check if you are suitable for this type of field job. Third and final stage was another group meeting with all the candidates, where everyone is required to prepare and present himself in a 5-slide power point presentation mentioning his strengths , weaknesses, previous experiences and things that excite him in general.

Interview Question – They really seamed to care about what you have been doing in the past as they are trying to get an idea of what kind of personality you are and how you reacted to tough situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ?

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
Gatwick, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Applied online 4 weeks ago and received an email inviting me to attend an assessment day at their office in Gatwick.

Started the day with a brief presentation about the company and were then given the opportunity to ask a Field Engineer a number of questions. Seems like interesting but very demanding work.

Then had to sit 3 tests, the first of which was a relatively straightforward logic test which I think everyone seemed comfortable with. The had to sit two more tests which were unlike anything I have ever done before, and were very difficult having 20 questions and a 15 minute time limit. I guess everyone passed though as no one was asked to leave.

Then had to give our individual presentations, relatively straightforward however I would advise anyone that is applying for this job to make their presentation as interesting as possible and not just fill 5 slides with writing, as it can become a snore fest otherwise.

After this we had lunch. Then had a group exercise in the afternoon which involved building a structure from paper and sellotape that could support the interviewers phone, and the winning group was the one which was tallest. This was surprisingly fun and a nice change from the high pressure morning tests and presentations.

After this had a half hour technical interview, where they basically went through my CV and asked a few engineering based questions. Then a half hour interview with HR in which you had to assemble a valve in under 5 minutes (or try to), and then answer bog standard interview questions (why do you want to work in Oil and Gas etc).

Overall was an enjoyable but slightly exhausting day.

Interview Question – Give me a recent example in which you used logic to solve an engineering problem.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Field Specialist
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview Details I met a member of the Schlumberger HR department who was presenting at a college careers event. He accepted my CV and I got an email nearer the end of my course, which was about two months later inviting me for an interview at their "assessment centre".

The assessment centre was a group interview (twelve candidates) which lasted the whole day. Dress code was "smart casual" which pretty much meant suit but no tie. It included a presentation on the company (during which we were questioned on) an aptitude test based on mechanical and technical knowledge, group task where we had to work in teams to build a tower out of paper and sellotape, an individual presentation which was five minutes and a few slides on ourselves and our career goals and finally a one to one interview comprising of pretty standard interview questions.

It appeared that we were assessed throughout the whole day not just during the tasks. I attempted to engage with the other candidates and the assessor shaking their hand, making eye contact and making relaxed chit chat between activities and during lunch.

I commented that I had enjoyed the day and that the group task was particularly interesting as I enjoyed working with my team who were very competent and good to work with. This seemed to go down well with the assessor.

Overall it was a good experience which I enjoyed and learned a lot from.

Interview Question – At the start of the one to one interview I was asked to assemble a valve (within a time limit of a few minutes) based on a technical drawing and a box of components which were presented to me.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – My two year technical diploma (HND) which was required for this position also qualified me to enter university at year three which I chose to do instead of taking this position.

Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Applied online
Invited to Assessment Centre in Dec 2013,
Standard AC activities including presentation from the company, aptitude tests, personal interview and technical test involving putting together a valve using a technical drawing.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   View Answer

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

Interview Details I was invited to the assessment centre in Aberdeen where a full day event was conducted.
The day started with 3 psychometric tests, these were unlike others I have seen in the industry where the first was a logic sequence, however in a 3x3 grid with 1 square missing, the 2nd was a circuit like problem where different components altered the shape going through it in terms of size, colour and shape type this was fairly easy, the last test was also component based and fairly logical.
After a break we worked in a group to make a structure out of paper we could all stand under. We had lunch and then there were pre prepared presentations from all candidates and individual interviews.
The staff were fairly friendly, however a more holistic approach would have been better rather than telling people to leave after not scoring well in the tests which is quite intimidating.

Interview Question – The psychometric tests were unexpected.   View Answer

Geologist Interview

Geologist
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview Details The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2013.

Interview Details Got offered an assessment center a week after applying, was a full day in Aberdeen. right from the start was the toughest interview i've ever had! we waited in the canteen at the start of the day then were lead into a room and with no introductions or anything were told there's 3 different logic tests on the table, we have one hour and anyone who gets under 70% their day is over. so a pretty stressful start.
4 of the 12 failed the test and after that things were a bit more relaxed with a long talk about how the industry works and where Schlumberger fits into this. next we had to give a 5 minute presentation about ourselves which was all fairly straight forward. after lunch there was a group exercise where we had to build a structure for 3 people to fit under out of 25 sheets of paper and some selotape. my team built a Teepee which was the best one.
finally there was a practical test where we had to assemble a valve and the interview. the interview was very standard compitency questions however the women asking the questions seemed very disinterested and not impressed by my answers which knocked my confidence a bit and my interview only lasted 10 minutes compared to 30 for everyone else. i think this was because i was the last person and we had allready ran over time. i thought the day went terribly and wasnt expecting anything to come but 3 weeks later i got an offer!

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you've been shouted at or told off by a customer or coworker who wasnt happy with your work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave.

The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Interview Question – Valve assembly had a time limit.   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!