Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2014

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Had two phone interviews- first was more get to know and second was a little more detailed interview about my resume. Had one in person interview and had to do a one hour presentation where questions were asked. Afterwards had a short interview that was more generic

Interview Questions
  • Hardest part was giving the presentation for an hour- many questions popped up during this, a few that were tough   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2012.

1. Technical exam: 4 questions to check the way-of-thinking, proposed problems don't need advanced mathematical tools or any previous courses revision, just focusing.

2. HR interview: no thing unique, ends by English writing exam.

3. Group head interview: it depends on the department itself.

Applications Engineer Interview

Two phone interviews, one technical. Then on-site interview, which contained interview from different people in the morning, a lunch, and a tour in the afternoon.

Still no response yet.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2013.

I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. The interview focused mostly on my resume and about Schneider electric. I was invited to interview on site. There was a dinner the night before the interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a tour, lunch, a brief presentation, and Q/A. Each interview consisted of a few behavioral questions. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Just general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

The first interview was a very short (30-45 min) phone interview. Typical behavioral interview questions and then four questions on their core values (Passionate, Open, Straightforward, Effective). Asked about my work style and how I did work.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2013.

Quite long interview process. Went through the non typical university route, which appears to be the norm around here. Multiple phone interviews and then a face to face with 4 individuals. The whole process wasn't too bad. I was fairly informed through each step. There weren't long periods of no response/silence.

Interview Questions
    • Basically talk about your previous experience. Mostly situational stuff and how you can handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Tried twice.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Contacted at career fair. Follow up with 1:1 interview on campus. Invited to larger interview in La Vergne, Three 1:1 interviews in La Vergne and office/manufacturing tour. Everyone was friendly, and did a great job showing what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate someone in a group project to complete their share of the work?   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Vergne, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2010.

General questions about background and personality based.

Interview Questions
    • Did your peer or supervisor ever find a fault with your work. What did you do?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

They fly you to the site and book you in a hotel. The next morning a shuttle comes to pick you up and take you to their facility. The day begins with a presentation regarding the company and its goals. Next, each department head gives a description of their department as well as the position available. (Interviews were for several positions.) Everyone is assigned an interviewer for a specified amount of time. The first interviewer asked generic behavioral questions. The next interviewer asked more technical questions regarding your resume. The last interviewer asked academic questions about classes taken as well as extra curricular activities. Next, you have lunch and get the chance to sit and talk with all of the interviewers to ask questions. Finally, you take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What is an exciter and how does it work?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2011.

Only got to the HR interview which was very stress-free in my opinion. They only asked what kind role you usually play in teams/groups projects. The interviewer was really friendly and asked me the usual stuff like what were my strong and weak points. Biggest thing they were looking for is if you are willing to relocate. They offer relocation packages which was nice.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!