Schneider Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014
Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.9

Driver Business Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Applied online. Process moves quickly, someone from office of opening will contact you and explain that someone from HR will call for a phone screening. HR does screening and quickly relays the information back to Recruiter or Division Manager within office. Time is set and the interview process takes about 3-5 hours with about 2-4 interviews. Questions are behavioral based and even do role playing scenarios in each interview. After being drained from answering all the questions, you may get an invite to go to lunch. After that you will be free to go, but as mentioned expect the process to be lengthy and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • A role playing scenario will be presented usually in the form of working with someone who has a poor attitude, doesn't want to listen, or is just being difficult.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Simply take it or leave it because Schneider's budget "doesn't allow for it"

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

First there is a basic phone interview. It lasted about 25 minutes. They asked mostly past experience and behavioral questions. Then there was a panel interview if you pass through the first interview.

Received another job offer from a different company that I accepted.

OTR Driver (Tanker) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC (US)

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Schneider in September 2014.

Questions on driving experience, schools/training, driving record, employment history. They are very up front with you they tell you about the position the pros & cons & ask you if you're comfortable before moving on to the next topic.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation hired as a mid-level experienced driver

Logistics Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in June 2014.

Initial phone interview was a basic behavioral interview. Next day was invited for face-to-face. 2 panel interview: more basic behavioral questions. Then I spent time with an employee on the call floor. He explained how things worked, didn't really seem to dig his job. Following day was offered job.

35k base salary with no negotiations

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schneider in June 2014.

i interviewed in the Dallas office near downtown and the office was very dull and was surrounded by other offices on the same floor. The questions were typical of those you would expect in the sales job interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question for me was "What do you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Hour phone interview and hour in-person interview at office. The managers interviewing me seems pretty unprofessional. The woman refused to answer any of my questions and directed her manager to do so. The entire time he was putting down his team saying some of them are "not so smart". I heard back a response fairly quickly because they were looking to hire someone asap. Overall, I found the experience extremely negative and this office seems to be a place where I would be unhappy to work at.

Interview Questions
    • None really. I was told the interview would be behavioral based and it was not.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

The entire process (phone and in person interview) took a total of two weeks. Interviewers were super friendly.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider.

On campus interview one on one. Got back to me right away set up next interview in office. Had to fill out some paper work and apply for job online previous to interview. Question regarding how much salary you expect to earn. Office interivew was two on one. Was more of a conversation then an interview, basic behavioral questions. Asked about previous sales experience, what motivates me etc. Good people and company just the pay that was lacking for me.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schneider.

I met with Schneider at a career fair at my university. We talked about the role and I handed over my resume. I received a call later that week to set up an initial phone interview, which led to another about 2 weeks after. The third one was about a month after my second. The offer came the next day. Very standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really struggle with any one question. The guys were very personable and a lot of fun to talk with.   Answer Question

Dedicated Driver Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Schneider needs drivers and is very aggressive in their recruitment. They do a thorough background check, health, work history, DMV etc. There isnt much of a interview process its more of meeting paper/legal requirements at that point they will pretty much say or do anything to get you on as a driver.

Interview Questions
    Schneider trumped mileage, training pay, truck models etc so there wasnt much negotiating .Problem is after hire they didnt come through on promises.

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!