Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

2.4

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Recruiter then a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a review on my background and then some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Hardest questions were regarding sourcing techniques used.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Customer Specialist Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources. Then I had one face-to-face interview with my soon to be boss. It was a situational interview. I was very lucky and they called me on the way home from the interview to offer me the job. I accepted the job the next day and was working in the office three weeks later.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2014.

The interview process is a little drawn out compared to others. You have a total of four different interviews before they will get to an offer letter. The only thing that they stress to you in the process is that this position requires a lot of hours (12-13) per day. You have no say in where you would eventually be (geographically) if you are given a route. They did not inform me that they have NO PAID HOLIDAYS until after I had already participated in a 12 hour ride along and was on my second interview. They make it appear that the pay will be good until you actually start to hear from the route person that you ride with gives you the real story.

Interview Questions

Not worth it when you factor in the amount of hours versus the pay-it is almost like only making minimum wage with no overtime pay.

Process Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schwan's.

I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
    The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Applied through internships.com. Contacted by HR in about two days. Set up phone interview, she asked typical behavioral questions. It lasted about 10-15 minutes at most. She sent me over to regional manager. He called and we set up a face-to-face interview in Richardson. The interview with him was very laid back, he may have asked one or two behavioral based questions, and the rest was more like a conversation. He called in about a week stating I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question
    Being an intern there really was no negotiation, it was pretty much set in stone at $15/hr.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.

Recruitment Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schwan's.

I was asked for a step one phone interview with Schwan's in October 2013. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and seemed to be more of a "we're trying to get to know you to bring you in." The interviewer was a recruiter based out of the Twin Cities for a job in Marshall, MN. While I initially thought that this was odd, it made sense that an "outside" interview would be necessary for an onsite interview for an HR position. The recruiter was friendly and answered many of my questions about the position and was very upfront about the needs and requirements of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Do you often deliver bad news and if so, how?   View Answer

Schwans RSR Interview

Not difficult, just makes sure your able to interact well enough with people to sell them a great product. You do have to do a ride day without pay to see if its for you and after that you'll know.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2013.

Friendly, not thorough at all. Easy to get the job because of the turnaround. The talking interview lasted a total of about 5 minutes. I think they just wanted to take anyone who didn't have scars on their face. It was very easy to pass the interview and move on to the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Simple interview.   View Answer
    none

Mh III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dansville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dansville, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Schwan's.

When I interviewed I didn't even meet the TSL, (Manager) until the third year of employment. Simple and painless.

Run as fast as you can when they call!!!

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!