Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.4

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westmoreland, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schwan's (Westmoreland, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst and longest process ive ever gone threw. They take for ever to get back to you. Dont do it.went for a ride along they told me about 2-4 hrs long.no one was around whenbi finally found someone. He was miserable and didnt know anything about it.when he finally found out it was going to be a 10 hr ride on a Saturday. I said sorry I cant. Tried to contract manager about confusin he never got back to me.not very professional in my opinion.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schwan's (Springfield, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well the guy was amazing that called spent a while on the phone just discussing all kinds of things which set the tone for the company. The interview process went smooth and easy.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, called in 2 days to setup interview. Interview was generally questions about sales experience and how to handle difficult situations. Was told if considered would do a day long ride along on my own expense to determine if I would like the job. After the ride along, I was asked to if I wanted the job, and did a drug screen and DOT physical. After that HIRERIGHT started my background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being home or spending time that you would be required too otherwise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was set in stone and offered at $115.00 per day during training. Commission wouldn't be offered until after the MGR felt I was ready to task the job as a full salesman. Usually 6 weeks is what I was told.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Easy, be yourself, don't lie or hide any information. One on one interview, then a phone interview with a higher up in the company, after that you are required to complete a drug test. After you pass everything Schwan's will train you for the job, typically takes 6 weeks complete but you are paid training pay.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's (Eagan, MN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with their depot managers. Very friendly and helpful explaining their needs and the roll of the job for the company. Their hiring managers are very positive and take a lot of pride in the company. They are interested in bringing in positive, team oriented individuals that are self motivated and driven. A great work environment from what I could see from my experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly your background and your experience selling products etc. They are interested in your goals and interests. Many of the questions center around your motivation and your personal drive to be self directed and motivated.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Recruiter then a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a review on my background and then some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Hardest questions were regarding sourcing techniques used.   Answer Question

Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources. Then I had one face-to-face interview with my soon to be boss. It was a situational interview. I was very lucky and they called me on the way home from the interview to offer me the job. I accepted the job the next day and was working in the office three weeks later.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schwan's (Fremont, CA (US)).

Interview

Standard interview about customer service and expectations of providing service to customers. Learning the products, pricing and territory easy. Ability to learn the truck, delivery and customer service left to other senior rsr's.

Interview Questions

• Later, learned that the RSR handheld was 1980's equivalent. Also, GM had poor opinion on several customers in territory and was very bigoted and derogatory to supporting or helping customers with problems leaving me in a problem solving position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation provided or countered

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Sr. Recruiter on the phone. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, then was followed up by another phone interview. Following that, I went through a face-to-face interview with an HR manager at a Regional office, then a face-to-face interview with the Regional VP of the area. All interviews were a great experience. I was happy to see the type of qualities they were looking for like "Leadership qualities" instead of "Management capabilities".

That being said, I didn't get the job... but the experience was extremely pleasant. It inspired me to become a Schwan's customer.

Interview Questions

• I was not surprised by any questions really... It felt more like a conversation between professionals than an interview in every case. One question was "can you describe some of your leadership philosophies?"   1 Answer

Territory Sales Leader Interview

Interview

It was joke. No one knows what to ask. They had some paperwork and asked random template questions. Like what experience do you have. The rest was bragging about their company and their food and all was a big lie.