Sears

Updated 17 Nov 2014
1,305 Interview Reviews

2.3

Manager, Local Commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears.

Sears has the most unprofessional bunch of people. I was scheduled for 5 interviews. The day of my interview the HR spent a pointless hour telling me about how economy of various nations of the world are crumbling. When it was time for the interview, the first interviewer was traveling. No one knew I was scheduled an interview and people who were free were called to interview me. Many people who interviewed were junior employees who had started to work 2 months prior. They seemed to chat on their laptops and mobile phones during the interview. The SVP of the department barged into one of the interviews and was highly unprofessional. He wanted to know information of my current work environment and seemed relentless in getting unwanted details. He said that I would be given the job offer only if I committed to work weekends and overnights. Apparently he was trying to get me aware that the work required challenges that needed such drastic work hours. Every few sentences he would iterate saying he could give me the offer if he wished to, trying to show authority. I could easily get the vibe that my offer was not on the feedback given by all the interviewers (most of them 3-6 months old after college), but based on the SVP's whims. Eventually I was denied the offer by the HR the next week. But the SVP called me again and asked me to disregard the HR and said I would get the offer if I promised to work weekends. I agreed and I was told I would have another interview over the phone. The interviewer called me and scheduled an interview on Saturday, stating he was working that weekend. I was not called on Saturday, and on the immediate Monday, I get a whatsapp from the interviewer with regard to rescheduling. It was very unprofessional and I stopped responding.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given half a million dollars and you need to start a company tell me how many candidates you would recruit and from where?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Was most like any other interview. All the normal questions. It was a four step process. Face to face interview, drug test, came in for computer questionaire and finally had a sit down with th asst mgr and loss prvention person before finally getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • When did I make a wrong decision and how did I feel afterwards and what did I do about it?   Answer Question

Router Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Very unorganized and performed by regular hourly associates. interviews are a joke just say detail oriented and you will get the job.There aren't a set of questions to be asked. this interview is done by random associates and can be organized depending on the individual you have interviewing you however it is usually done by 2 associates therefore it seems more like a series of random "popcorned" questions.

Sales Project Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I took a couple of test online. I did a phone interview with the District Sales Manager. He asked some basic questions and then wanted me to come in for a interview. The location for the interview was three hour away. I ask would he email me the address and he said he would. I never heard from him. The recruiter did call me back saying they still wanted to speak with me.

Backroom Associate Interview

I applied online and was called in to interview with two different people. After the interviews they made it clear that I would be getting the job and should expect a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

I interviewed with two different people - the Footwear Manager and a Store Manager. I was there for about an hour or so. They were both nice and the interview was laid back - I felt comfortable the moment I walked in.

First I was told about what I would be doing on the job: what I could expect to do. Then I was asked about my availability - I asked to have Sunday off (the only day I can't work) and the interviewer was not too happy about that and convinced me to at least allow some hours of availability - that was the only negative part of the interview. After that I didn't feel comfortable telling her that I also couldn't work Wednesday nights - guess I'll have to wait until I actually get a schedule made :/ First interview asked "name situation in which you exceeded the expectations of your manager" and "name a challenge you faced and how you overcame it".

Second interview asked a lot more questions and was more oriented towards figuring out what my skills were and how I would fit in with the team. I was asked to give an example of great customer service, how I expect my manager to act, and if there were a time that I helped someone order something online.

I was offered a pay of $7.25/h (which I expected and didn't try to negotiate) and part-time hours. I asked to have 25-30 hours a week and work at least 5 days a week and the interviewer said that was "possible". I'm hoping the scheduling issues during the interview aren't a glimpse of what it's going to be like working there - will they schedule me when I've said I can't work? Guess I will have to wait and see.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you addressed someone's needs with urgency.   View Answer
    I suspected that I would only be paid $7.25 an hour so I took it and didn't try to negotiate.

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

Must say I have a good store here as I applied Friday night and had a interview Tuesday morning. The manager was knowledgeable, confident, practical, and on point overall. As I am new to the civilian workforce he took the time to explain part time vs full time schedule needs and the expectations of the company and himself. I had a second interview Thursday to give me time to think. We continued to interview and asked rather relevant questions and answered the few I had. Overall quite the opposite of what I've read and I feel rather comfortable I'll be happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Set, but fair wages considering the work.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Sears uses recruiters to contact potential employees, but you will interview with a store manager. There are pre-determined questions asked during the interview. Most likely, you will be interviewed by two of the store managers.

Interview Questions
    The is no negotiation. The salary is set for all incoming employees, either you accept or you do not. The offer is received via email.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sears.

Interview process took a day, you have to take personality and sales experiences tests. training is extensive but helpful. Interview process is average and tests took an our to resolve

Interview Questions
    • sales experiences and personality can have tricky questions   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

apply through campus system and get an interview about several weeks later ( on campus). The first question he asked was about sponsorship, as i am an international students and i do need a sponsorship to work here, we did not continue the interviewing process.