Sears Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015
1,432 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process went through 3 rounds. First round with general manager, second round with cashier lead and third round with the store operations manager. They asked generic interview questions, nothing unexpected and I really liked how they took interest in my background and past experiences. I connected well with one of them because she shared the same alma matter. I came back for the 2nd and 3rd interviews the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and past retail experiences   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. Interview process took about 30 minutes. There are two interviews. If you make it past the first one, then you will probably get the job. Its very important to arrive on time and dress professional. They love seeing that.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI (US)).

Interview

Quick and easy. Was there under 30 minutes. Talked to two ladies and then was given the job on the spot. They then had me fill out the paper work and even offered me to start training that day.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Like all jobs at Sears, everything is submitted online through their ATS system. No one-on-one meetings, this was all done over the phone and I think there was a video interview as well. Standard questions. It seemed as if the first couple rounds were being done from off-shore. Maybe they outsource this function. I was hired and then didn't hear anything from the company regarding where I would be working and what time or anything else until the Friday before I was to start.

There is an "HR Boot Camp" (5-days) for all new HR staff. This is held in IL.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience with high volume recruitment   Answer Question

District Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and filled out an online assessment. Contacted the next day to schedule a phone interview for the following morning. The recruiter was late for the scheduled interview time, called her and left a v mail, and never bothered to call me back. Was sent an automated email saying they filled the position. Blatantly rude VERY unprofessional. I was offered the same position for a different location and will be seriously rethinking accepting ANY offer from Sears after this experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears (Mobile, AL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had the group interview first, I answered like six or seven questions. After that my final interview was some role playing with a manager and listening to a few calls.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to use your listening skills and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Executive Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview was seamless the interviewer did a fine job the HR Department was thorough.
    The process was smooth. Hiring took less than thirty days. I would recommend to ant potential candidate

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Easy process, asked questions in regards to experiences, asked about sales processes, and how you close the sale. In the interview, you were asked to sell various products. Depending on your answer, you would receive an offer.

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and did an initial interview with me over the phone. I was then asked to come to the head office to meet with the hiring buyer for the role.

Questions are completely unscripted and are up to the buyer to decide what they want to ask.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, then an assistant manager. About a week later a regional manager interviewed me. I was offered the job shortly after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with previous supervisor's.   Answer Question