Sears Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
1,247 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Phone interview and one live interview with manager. Both interviews were a breeze. Should be no problem if you have half a brain. Appeared to forth with about job, except probably exaggerated commission possibilities.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sears.

I worked at a hometown store, so I just talked with the owner and manager for a half hour. They asked about my past work history, and schedule availablty. They never discussed how much I would be making until after I started.

Senior Project Manager Interview

It took three months to get an interview. Once I got an interview I met with the PMO director for about an hour. The manager of the department was not available so I had to come back the following week for another interview. After reviewing with the manager I was supposed to get a signoff from the Senior director of Sears but she was let go. So I waited another two weeks until someone who replaced her could sign. After 4 and a half months I did manage to get the job. Shortly after the director quit. Not a very good process.

Interview Questions
    • Sears is letting numerous people go as we restructure. How will that effect your performance?   Answer Question
    Simple. They stated your salary and offered a vacation of three weeks and I accepted.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sears.

The hiring process was extremely easy - there was one phone interview, then I was offered the position. The recruiters hold your hand from the beginning of the process all the way through the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the position, there are technical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview was with the store manager. The recruiter then set up an interview with the district manager It was in about a week. The district manager lived out of town.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you turned a team around that was not performing. What did you do to change the culture?   Answer Question

Fitness Sales Associate Interview

I went in, I sat down with the lead of the department, we talked about everything but the job, that was it. I didnt even apply for the position but i got it. The 2nd interview was more formal but it never happened i was just hired right there. All in all it was easy to get into but not worth it

CSA Interview

I was not bad, don't remember a lot, it was 14 years ago. Most of it was basic HR information. The interviewer was pretty nice, and it didn't take long for me to get the job.

Cashier Lead Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2014.

Pretty easy interview! Smooth no hard questions.common questions related to the position which i was applying for. Went in first interview got a called back the same day to come back and interview w the store manager 25m later he offer me the job :)

Interview Questions
    • What type of leader are you ?
      What are your expectations?
        Answer Question
    Easy to negotiated because of my experience

Cashier Interview

There were 2 interviews,I had to call in many times previously to make sure they noticed me. Both interviews were really easy due to the fact that they were low on employees, so they really just need more people

Interview Questions
    • what would you say to someone to get them to sign up for a sears credit card   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. My interview was the following day.The interview was like 20 minutes. All we talked about was asking customers to apply for the credit card and how sears was know for their appliances not their apparel. I got an offer right there. I got an email to complete the drug test and background check 2 days later. I went the next morning to do my drug test and by the morning after that I got a welcome aboard e mail to fill out hr documents online. Total time- applied Thursday,called for interview Friday,interview was Saturday, got e mail for background and drug test Monday, did drug test Tuesday, welcome e mail on Wedensday. Fastest interview process for a retail store ever.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. I didn't even ask bout the pay. Completely forgot.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!