Sears

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in March 2012.

Interview Details Interview process consisted of 2 technical interviews 1 local manager and 1 HR round. All were done through phone conversation. The funny part was you can expect calls from different HR's from the same organization multiple times and you may have to repeat about yourself again. This is because the recruitment team is hired on contract basis.

Tech Round1 was all about knowing my understanding and experience in Ruby on Rails and Manager round was just about knowing my experience in detail. Tech Round2 was with the onsite manager which went on for more than hour, who is very straight forward and wants you to understand the work culture in a best way. I was asked to send links and code samples when I mentioned that I had personal contributions.

HR Round went good. Don't expect the HR to be punctual and they will keep you waiting. I was called after few days by HR mentioning that I was selected and wanted to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Given a project, what process would you adopt? Explain your approach on TDD/BDD   Answer Question
  • What is the most complex piece of UI design you have done using JQuery?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job profile seemed to be OK, but I didn't like the way they handled negotiations. The HR team is very amateur in closing the negotiations. They didn't even reply to the salary negotiation requests I made. If they cannot allocate a higher budget they should have been clear with that.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Senior Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.