Securitas

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Securiy Officer Interview

Securiy Officer

I applied online - interviewed at Securitas in March 2011.

Interview Details They made you take a test over Securitas.com where you answer question like.
would you take a purse that was found or would you turn it in? would you turn in your boss for being drunk on the job? Stuff like that.
As long as you are not a felon and can pass a background check and you are willing to work for a low wage you are in.
They also give you a drug test which is the kind that they swab the inside of your mouth
with a cotton.
If they can use you they normally will but if they don't have a spot for you, you might wait weeks to start work.

Negotiation Details – There was not one, take it or take a walk.

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas in September 2010.

Interview Details They basically asked what type of security jobs I was looking at and then they would list position and ask if I was interested in it.

Interview Question – There were no real questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

N/A Interview

N/A
Quincy, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Securitas in January 2010.

Interview Details Hire on a dime doesn't care if you are a slob or not.

Interview Question – None all are simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prefer not to answer.

Security Guard

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Securitas in July 2011.

Interview Details When I finished my guard card training, I applied for several security companies and Securitas was one of them. Filled out the online application and got no response, other than the "thank you for applying" screen at the end of the process. Granted, I just received my guard card, but I have a bachelors degree, so that should count for something, but not here. Tried again after I completed firearm, first aid/cpr/aed, baton and pepper spray but still no callback, email or anything.

Judging by the guards I see standing posts at Walmart and Kaiser hospital, they're more like Secure-a-slugs than Securitas; overweight employees with poorly-fitted uniforms. You'd think their clients would want security to help promote their business and show a more professional image, but methinks not.

Another joke of a security company; although most contract security companies are a joke.

Interview Question – Not applicable, as I never had any follow up with them.   Answer Question

Security Guard

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Securitas in February 2012.

Interview Details Filled out online application. They called me a few days later to set up an interview. Online application to interview was only 7 days, so nice and fast. Drove an hour to nearest branch office. Simple 1 to 1 interview with no hard questions that you would not expect. Was treated kindly and with respect, and it was a positive experience overall. Was told that there were no full time positions open in my area, but that i could do part-time to start if i wanted.

Interview Question – How do you feel about having to shave your facial hair if the client wants you to?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – While considering whether to take part-time offer, heard that they are not the best company to work for, and other security companies in the area were better about training, and promoting from within. I thus declined the offer, and have since moved on elsewhere.

Security Supervisor Interview

Security Supervisor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Securitas in December 2010.

Interview Details The interview was short. Consisted of a meeting with the HR Generalist who asked standard questions such as "Tell me a time you have handled a difficult person/client/co-worker", "Are you comfortable working alone overnight" and "Why do you want to join Securitas?". They will also ask if you are presently licensed as a security guard and ask to make a photocopy. If you get the job you will be asked to sign for a background check and an appointment will be made for "basic" training. It is 1 day if you are licensed and 5 days if you are not.

In my situation they tried to offer me a lower paying officer position until I pushed that I had applied and had experience as a supervisor. I had a short meeting with a branch manager.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you have handled a difficult person/client/co-worker"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, rates are mostly non-negotiable and depend on client site and position. If they aren't offering you the position you want it's better to walk away or you will be stuck working for less.

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Securitas in August 2011.

Interview Details I applied for Securitas because my dad said that they're the security company that works at Intel and that he'd been talking to one of the guards who said they're hiring like crazy. He told me to go in and gave me the guard's name. They didn't call me back for 2 weeks when I applied online. They finally did call me for an interview and I just had it this morning. When I showed up, the office was filled with people waiting for their interview too. They had CNN playing on the TV in the waiting room. The receptionist made me sign in and I was given my application pack, which included everything I filled out online, and a mock incident report, which during the interview they didn't even tell me if I did right or not because I've never worked security before. There was one guy in the waiting room dressed in business casual, a woman in a long sleeve Quiksilver tee and sweatpants, and a couple, and also a father and son applying on the computer. My interview was supposed to be at 11:30 but since everybody arrived before me, I sat and watched as they pulled everybody back for their interview. Within 2 minutes, they were on their way again. I soon found out why as I was pulled back. I was expecting to get these hard hitting questions, something worth a challenge but it was yet more paperwork. The interviewer just asked all these questions off of a packet, "Do you have a valid license?", "What's your driving record like?", "Would you be able to work overtime and holidays?" That was it. Then I was sent on my way while she said she would have to review my application with the other interviewer and would let me know.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a security officer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Securitas in November 2010.

Interview Details It took 3 days to get a return call. n the interview the questions were really hard and they never wanted to tell me salary which i didn't appreciate. They said they would call all candidates, i'm still waiting

Interview Questions

Stockton, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Securitas in January 2011.

Interview Details Basically I had to take a 2 hour test online after the application and then a couple weeks later I get a call from a man asking me to come in for an interview. Okay, cool, so I go in and the interview lasts like 20 minutes (it took me longer then that to get there, I live in a different city). At the end he bluntly tells me that my chances at this position were extremely low. He claimed it was because of my lack of experience in security. I know this is a lie because my mom works with a man whose daughter (who is my age and had no experience) was hired by his location. >_<

Interview Question – How does your driving record look?   Answer Question

Security Guard

The process took a day - interviewed at Securitas in December 2007.

Interview Details No problem, easy to get on, just be honest about everything.

Interview Question – none   View Answer