Securitas

Updated 27 Dec 2014
Updated 27 Dec 2014

2.0

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas in December 2013.

I applied online through their website. It was easy enough. Basic information and the process was easy and well explained. Website used for applying was well done and easy to navigate.

However this is the only positive I encountered.

I was requested to go to a McDonalds....of all places...for the interview. I arrived thirty minutes early and observed no one in a Securitas uniform, shirt, or in any other way able to be identified. I waited several minutes inside before returning to my car to attempt to find a phone number to contact them and figure out what the deal is. As I was searching the interviewer called my phone and finally identified themselves and gave me a description of who to look for inside.

I met up with the individual who stated she was from their corporate office. At no point did she stand when I approached to greet me, nor did she even shake my hand. Immediately I knew that this was not going to go well. She stated to me that the position I applied for was already filled but was wanting to talk to me about some other local positions. This irritated me a bit more but I was willing to listen to the other positions.

She asked me very little questions about my experience. Interview lasted five minutes tops. When the interview was done I was cut loose. Again, no hand shaking, nothing. I brought a folder full of my certifications, certificates from other jobs, training packets, and other information and she would not even look at it.

Interview Questions

I never heard back from them until almost a year later with an offer. By now I already had a job and the terrible interview that I wasted my time with told me that this company was likely a huge waste of time and effort.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas in November 2013.

Okay so I applied online and got a call couple days later asking me to come in for an interview. I went in signed in at the front desk and the receptionist gave me a packet to fill out paperwork and a indecent report. I turned that in and waited for my interview. Was asked simple questions about my history and myself. Was told I would get a call if my background check cleared. Got a call to come into a class (not paid) it was two days four hours a day. Basically a class about the company. Went into orientation the next monday and then was given the site I would be working at.

Interview Questions
    • Was the situation report you write when you first come in.   View Answer
    No negotiation but when I was hired (before training) I was told I would be paid $9.00 and then when I got might site after orientation I was given a much better offer. Every Site is paid differently so its all depending on that.

Security Guard Interview

I did not go through an interview because i change automatically from one company to another in the same work place, it´s a standar procidure that has to happen everytime the owner wants to change his security company.

Securitas Security Guard Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas.

Job application can be filled out online.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas in August 2013.

First interview was Technical, it has been held by the Operations Manager, then after acceptance, another interview took place with the HR Manager, they were so nice, friendly and very professional

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas in August 2013.

2 Interviews

Mr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas in November 2012.

Hiring and interview was done by an unskilled receptionist. It was the easiest interview I have ever experienced, and consisted more on what my uniform size would be. There was a "test" where the answers were "not exactly provided, but you know". There was an essay regarding doing incident reports and there was a drug test and a background check done. The last two were offsite.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there wasn't anything in this process which causes more than a dozen neurons to fire. I've had to think more at the grocery store while shopping.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Securitas in February 2012.

Filled out online application. They called me a few days later to set up an interview. Online application to interview was only 7 days, so nice and fast. Drove an hour to nearest branch office. Simple 1 to 1 interview with no hard questions that you would not expect. Was treated kindly and with respect, and it was a positive experience overall. Was told that there were no full time positions open in my area, but that i could do part-time to start if i wanted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about having to shave your facial hair if the client wants you to?   Answer Question

While considering whether to take part-time offer, heard that they are not the best company to work for, and other security companies in the area were better about training, and promoting from within. I thus declined the offer, and have since moved on elsewhere.

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas in October 2011.

Short and Sweet. Not many difficult questions asked, mostly straight to the point. the hiring process takes about one week 5 or 6 consecutive days for 8 hours each day. One week of Paid Training.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas in August 2011.

I applied for Securitas because my dad said that they're the security company that works at Intel and that he'd been talking to one of the guards who said they're hiring like crazy. He told me to go in and gave me the guard's name. They didn't call me back for 2 weeks when I applied online. They finally did call me for an interview and I just had it this morning. When I showed up, the office was filled with people waiting for their interview too. They had CNN playing on the TV in the waiting room. The receptionist made me sign in and I was given my application pack, which included everything I filled out online, and a mock incident report, which during the interview they didn't even tell me if I did right or not because I've never worked security before. There was one guy in the waiting room dressed in business casual, a woman in a long sleeve Quiksilver tee and sweatpants, and a couple, and also a father and son applying on the computer. My interview was supposed to be at 11:30 but since everybody arrived before me, I sat and watched as they pulled everybody back for their interview. Within 2 minutes, they were on their way again. I soon found out why as I was pulled back. I was expecting to get these hard hitting questions, something worth a challenge but it was yet more paperwork. The interviewer just asked all these questions off of a packet, "Do you have a valid license?", "What's your driving record like?", "Would you be able to work overtime and holidays?" That was it. Then I was sent on my way while she said she would have to review my application with the other interviewer and would let me know.