Sephora

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Color Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online a month before receiving a call. Had the interview on a Wednesday which took about 30 mintues was super friendly. Received phone call the following week on a Friday as she said she would either way if hired or not. Offered me a core position and congratulated me on being hired cause of course I took the offer.

Interview Question – What can bring to Sephora?
What would you do if you had a issue with a fellow employee?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was about money, it is negotiable especially if you have previous retail and or in cosmetic industry. I got a tad under what I asked but well over the normal.

Buford, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in May 2013.

Interview Details Before I applied, I'd visit the store often and became quite friendly with one cast member in particular. I then came in and spoke directly to the manager, who told me they needed people. I took an application and turned it in the next day (I didn't want to look desperate by turning it in there and then). I was called for a one on one interview a week later with the manager and then a makeup trial on a model a few days later. Once they checked out my references, I was offered a job about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a rude customer?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Aurora, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in November 2012.

Interview Details It was very quick as I was hired on as a last minute Holiday worker. Brought my application, resume, and hand written cover letter and received a call less than a week later to come in the next day for an interview. The hiring manager and another lead interviewed me briefly (about 45 minutes) and offered me the position and I accepted. I came in the next day to shadow a manager for 5 hours, that was about it for my training.

Interview Question – "What would you do if a client walked in right now and asked you to find her the best mascara?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me the position of Color Consultant for $10.00 an hour and I accepted.

Reston, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sephora in September 2010.

Interview Details I had to go trough 3 interview which took 1 month. The interview itself felt like I was interview by a policeman, very intense. The questions were normal, like for any costumer service related job.

Negotiation Details – I asked for $12, they offered me $11. I took it

South Portland, ME (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sephora in May 2010.

Interview Details To be hired at sephora, you must show passion for the beauty industry and want to help clients. To work there you must be at least 18 years of age and fill out an application and bring it into the store. There is an interview process that can be with just a hiring manager or with several other candidates.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions about prior experience and basic questions that express your passion for the customer/client and the beauty industry.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora Color Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.