Sephora Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
218 interviews

2.5

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview was a group interview and took a long time. Probably 8-10 girls. Asked everyone maybe 10-15 questions. Asked why I chose sephora? Read their mission online it'll really help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a co-worker asked you to bend the rules and what did you do?   Answer Question

SEO Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in June 2014.

I was contacted within a week of applying for this position to setup a phone interview. The interviewer was very prompt, kind, and easy to talk to. I interviewed with another SEO Marketing Associate a week later, who was also prompt and happy to answer my questions about the role. Ultimately I was not offered the job, but I was left with a very positive attitude towards Sephora and I am glad to have met the kinds of people I'd like to work with.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

I applied online and about a week later went into the store with my resume. They told me they could not accept anything in store, but they were having a job fair at the same time down the hall. I ran down the hall and was about 6 minutes after they ended the fair. They still very nicely offered me an interview, and told me on the spot that they would call to set up a second phone interview with a manager from a different store, and that they would be calling my references. About 5 days later the same manager who interviewed me said that I would be getting a call from the other store manager in 2 days and we set up a time. She called and asked the same questions as the first interview, then said that the store I applied to would be getting in touch soon. I waited 5 days and then called to check in, let her know i was still interested and she said that she would get back to me tomorrow. She did, and she called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Normal customer service questions.
      Why sephora?
      What got you into makeup?
      Tell me about a difficult time with a customer?
      Tell me what qualities you think make a good manager?
      What qualities make a bad manager?
        Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

After submitting my resume through the Sephora online system, about a week later received a call from the internal HR rep overseeing the hiring of the position. After an initial phone screening, set up a time to speak with the departmental person overseeing the position's hiring. After a phone interview with that person, another three separate phone interviews were conducted at differing times over the span of a week. The final interview was in-person at the Sephora office with my potential supervisor and 4 others who would be my colleagues in one form or another (some more senior, some peer). Received a follow-up email from my potential supervisor one business day later. One week later, received a phone call from my potential supervisor extending a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with a senior coworker. How did you handle it and advocate for your POV?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a bit.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora in August 2013.

Filled out an application online, received a call for a group interview a few days later. Easy, relaxed environment. Although it was a group interview, everyone gets a turn to speak which makes it easy. Had an interview with the store manager a few days later, again super easy, more of a conversation than an interview. Only issue was I had to wait over a month to start, which kind of sucked.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you what you would do if a client dropped a perfume bottle outside the store right after purchasing it.   View Answer
    None.

Skin Care Specialist Sephora Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

I was called and asked to come in right away for an interview. I went in and the store director interviewed me, and it was such a pleasant interview! She was so nice and just wanted me to be myself. It was just like having a conversation with someone, so nice. She seemed excited to meet me and wanted to next round of interviews done fast to get the process going. I came back a few days later to have another interview with her and another manager, which were around the same type of questions, and which was also very nice! We laughed and had a great convo. Try wanted me in the very next day to do the final interview which was the 'demo' interview. It was easy, pretty much just showed me how they approach and talk to customers, and then an example of how they don't. Then I had to pretend to approach them. It was no pressure, they didn't make me feel nervous about it. Very casual. They then checked my references, but told me based on my three interviews they want to hire me. I got a call the day they said they'd call me offering me a position!

Cashier/Beauty Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beachwood, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

My experience with Sephora was a little different than most. I applied to Sephora two months ago. I filled out and application online. Got a call from Sephora a week after that but I wasn't home. But I copied the information from my voicemail and called the store to look for the manager. The sales associate told me that the manager was busy. So I called back at a later time. Still busy! Called back the next day, the manager just left out. I just couldn't get in touch with the manager. One day I finally got in touch with the manager and she told me that the beauty adviser position is filled. I was crushed! So a couple of weeks passed and I saw on the website that Sephora was hiring again. So I immediately filled out another application online on their website. I called a week later to make sure that Sephora received my application,resume, and cover letter. The education lead manager called me the next morning and scheduled a one on one interview. She was so nice ! It didn't even feel like an interview. The manager made me feel very comfortable. After the interview I got a call back no less than 30 minutes. The manager called me back to speak with the District Manager. She was also great. I asked her more questions than she asked me on the interview. She told me that she will email me on Monday or Tuesday the following week.
    Today is Monday and I was offered the job. So excited:)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Sephora?
      What is my availability?
      Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer.
      Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer?
      Do you have any questions for me?
        View Answer
    If you want to work at Sephora don't give up. Follow through when you send in your application. Call the store and show them that you are interested!

Sephora Collection Lead Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sephora in July 2014.

My entire experience was great. I applied in February, didn't get a call until June. Had a total of four interviews but that is understandable since I was up for a lead position. The store manager was very nice every step of the way. The regional directors I interviewed with were very nice as well.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have much trouble with any of the questions. I felt they were easy to answer from my real life experience.   Answer Question
    I accepted what they offered. It was more than I earned from the same type f job at Ulta so I was happy.

Jcp Sephora Product Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in September 2013.

I applied online. Had a group interview that next week but was offered a JCP associate position which is not what I applied for. Was offered a one-on-one interview at another JCP for Sephora and was offered the job on the spot. Questions included why you are passionate about cosmetics, how you think you will benefit the company, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions really threw me off.   View Answer

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Forest Hills, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

I got an interview because a girl I know put in a good word for me. The entire interview was crap. I only got asked about my current job and thats all. The rest of the interview was the manager asking me about my current store manager, asking me about the girl who applied and asking me about another girl that already works at the location i was applying to because I use to be her manager. It was like a one on one reference for everyone else except for myself. It was a waste of my time. I knew the interview wasnt going any where so when she asked why sephora i gave the crappiest answer and just blew my interview on purpose.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!