Sephora

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

I applied online and I got a call like probably like a month I guess it was because I applied during the holidays. Well when they called me I was ask about my availability and why I wanted to work for Sephora, the guy that called me told me they would call me back in a week and if they didn't call me I could call back. So after a week I called back and asked what was the status of my application and they asked me to come in for an interview. Initially was a group interview but I was not available for that day and they gave me another day and it ended up being a one and one interview ( good becuase I personally don't like interviews, and specially group interviews, I always get super nervous). The day of the interview I got there 10 mins early. They took me to the back (office) and the interview started. It was the coordinator and an advisor. They asked the basic questions like past experience with customer service, how was my last job, what would my last manager say about me, why I wanted to for for Sephora and not other company, most of the questions were about customer service I wish I could remember so It could be helpful to anyone else. I didn't get any offer at the point they said they would give me a call before the week ends, so I'm crossing my fingers I get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for sephora?
      What would I do if I see an employee stealing some thing from the store ?
      My customer service experienced
      What was my other job like?

Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

I was called and asked to come in next day for an interview. I went in and the store director's assistant interviewed me, and it was such a pleasant interview! She was so nice and just wanted me to be myself. It was just like having a conversation with someone, so nice. I came back a few days later to have another interview with store director, which were around the same type of questions, and which was also very nice!. They then checked my references, but told me based on my two interviews they want to hire me. I got a call two weeks later they said they'd call me offering me a position!

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

Applied online, Got a call back, went in on a group interview than went back for a one on one interview and was sent a contract to negotiate with. It was easy and very friendly eviorment . The leaders were very gracious

Interview Questions
    I was emailed a contract

Sales Associate Interview

it was super easy. Met with super friendly staff and they spent alot of time talking about the company which was really nice to learn about. they asked alot about past experience and where i see myself growing in the company

Picker Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sephora.

there really was none I got a tour and a drug and computer test which the lady pretty much gave us the answers to and started work the next day.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. The recruiter seemed to be inexperienced and immature. She scheduled time with me 3 times and never called. when finally she called there was no apology. I had to remind the recruiter that apology was good.

The recruiter had not done any homework, no preparation. After a long trail of emails and scheduling, she said that I am "University Recruiter". And they are looking for technical recruiter. My resume no where said that I am a University Recruiter.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

Applied online then was called for in person interview. Interview went great hoping to hear back this week. The interviewer realized we had crossed paths at my previous job and it was like a conversation with a friend.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora.

it was very easy, and manager was friendly, easy questions, dress for impress and have make up on... girls we are applying to a make up place! not a computer shop.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sephora in December 2014.

Group interview. Got called three hours later. Accepted offer. Did paperwork and came the next day for training. Orientation was once a week for two weeks. That was the only part that doesn't make sense to me but I love it here

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client broke a perfume after walking out   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Phone, two on-site interviews. Regular sales questions. Two store management team members interviewed me. If you are doing seasonals it would be quicker. Now everything is online so I guess you have to submit your application online first.