Sephora Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was a store manager at another location. I was contacted and went in to do my interview at the location in which i would be hired. I was asked questions about my back ground etc. and told that i would be contacted within a certain amount of time as i was initially interviewed as a seasonal.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sephora (Holyoke, MA (US)).

Interview

I am still in the Interview Process. I applied in December and received a call back in March. My first interview was at a Starbucks in the mall with the HR manager, one on one. My second interview was with the store manager in her office, also one on one. Today was my third interview which consisted of an hour and a half skin care/make-up demonstration on the HR manager with the (who I am assuming is the Color Lead) watching my demonstration. They let me have free reign and it was more of a demonstration to see how confident I am with selling, application and client interaction. They said they would check my references and make decisions at the end of the week. Each interview was roughly scheduled a week apart and I received a call back a few days later to schedule the next.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

After coming into the store and speaking with an associate, I was encouraged to apply. After sending my application, I was contacted the next day and we scheduled an interview. I met two members of the Sephora team at a nearby cafe lobby and they interviewed me over coffee. One was a manager I had met in-store, and the other was one that I had not met. It was just the three of us- this surprised me because everything I had seen online pointed to group interviews.

Color Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied online and then was called by the store director of the Richmond store. We set up a time for me to come in. We had great conversation, almost didn't feel like an interview. Next, a store director from a store in North Caroline did a second interview. Again, had a great personality and didn't feel like a stiff interview. I then met with the District Manager of this region. With the store director, we talked about my past work history and events and hiring. Again, was very comfortable. My last phone interview was with a District Manager from the Chicago area. She was little more of a tougher interview. A little more rigid questions and feedback. The next phone call I received, I was notified I got the job! There was great communication with the store director the whole time throughout the process.

Color Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview on 150 Broadway in New York and I believe I did a fantastic job. After the interview was over the store director ask for our resume and contact referrals, in which I provided. We were all told we would be receiving a call or email to let us know if we got the job or not this past Monday. So my interview was last week and Monday has past and I did not receive a call or email, I actually decided to call the store director for a follow up and the cast members said she wasn't there. I called another time and asked for her and this time I was placed on hold for a long time until I hung up. I believe that is very unprofessional for the store director to give a specific day they'll contact you and then don't. I really would like to work in Sephora and I have since been applying to other locations. I just would like a chance just like the store director was given a chance. I will continue to stay positive. I would love to be interviewed and hired because I have the drive and passion for it. May another store director give me an opportunity.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online...Received an Email about 2 weeks later for a Job Fair. Went to the Job Fair Today ended up having an One on One Interview. Thought it went kind of fast, good convo....but fast. Anyway she called me about two hours Later and offered me a position!

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Was a fun experience , did a one on one interview then a demo. The demo consisted of me "working" the sales floor and helping out customers while being watched by the hireling manager.

Color Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Pre-screen call, in person interview, artistry demo interview (go in to the store and actually perform and makeover service as part of the interview process), reference check and hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Customer Service   1 Answer

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sephora (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Long interview process took 3 weeks I went on one huge group interview, a second smaller group interview and then a one on one interview. They told me I would have to do a makeup demo before getting hired but I was offered a position as color consultant with out the makeup demo.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sephora (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 other ladies. I was interviewed by 2 store specialist(assistant managers). It was a busy day they were distracted. They asked about our own shopping experience in the store and lots about past retail experience

Interview Questions

• They asked lots customer service questions not that many makeup related questions   Answer Question