Sephora

182 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in January 2014.

Interview Details The initial part of interviewing with Sephora started with a 30-minute phone screening with third-party recruiter who shared my portfolio and resume with the hiring managers. After that I was invited to meet the hiring managers (the two heads of the User Experience team) for 45-minute in-person interviews which included reviewing about 3-4 portfolio examples.

Interview Question – Most questions were as expected (tell us why you want to work here, walk us through some portfolio work demonstrating this and this). The most difficult question in my interview was a technical question that I unfortunately hadn't had experience in.   Answer Question

Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

Interview Details I had applied online and the process took about three weeks. I was called for a group interview that included me and 4 other girls, each of us had opportunity to speak and was a very relaxed. Make sure you appear energetic and outgoing. Speak up and make your presence known without talking out of turn. Later I was called for a second interview with the Store Manager, very much like the first interview it was relaxed and I felt very comfortable. She invited me back for a "demo". In the demo I was asked to greet customers and interact as I would if I worked there. They want loud high energy people. Make sure you are talkative and interactive in this demo. The Assistant Manager said he would speak with the District Manager and contact me once she returned from vacation. Although, I did not get a call back the interviews were pleasant. Expect the process of being hired to take long.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. General questions were; "Why do you want to work at Sephora?", "Name a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?", "How do you feel being under pressure?"   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details It was a group interview, and it was very easy. We were all hired on the spot

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora in February 2012.

Interview Details talked to three different people

Interview Question – tell us how many brands we carry   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the manager

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in January 2011.

Interview Details Phone interviews only.

Interview Question – All pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Counter offering is difficult, $15-$17 starting pay.

Store Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Frustrating from the begin with. I visited the Powell location for a 2 day job fair, although after get there on the 2nd day, one of the assistants informed that was done already. I said that the Craigslist ad mentioned that it would end at 8pm, not at 5pm. After wait a while, they took me to this little room where someone had a 5 min interview, very superficial interview. The recruiter said that I should expect an email by Monday (3 days after), however after no longer than 3 minutes after I step out of the store I got her email saying that they already found someone. I don't believe she couldn't simply be honest while I was in front of her 3 minutes ago, or simply tell me they already close the position but they would keep my resume for the future. That sounds fair and human to me.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Got an interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed on a Friday. We were supposed to hear something after they called our references which was today, but neither of my references were called. Hopefully tomorrow I will hear something. The interview wa extremely easy. I took charge during the interview and the others basically went off of my answers & showed no originality but the interviewer seemed more drawn to them.

Interview Question – Typical customer service questions   Answer Question

Cashier
Seattle, WA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details I applied online to a few different stores, had a short phone interview, she set me up with a group interview. It wasn't as intense as it seems, very chill. It was 2 other girls. They both looked casual. I dressed in all black and white, make up fully done and a bold lip. You want to stick out. Asked us about 5-8 questions about our customer service skills, after it's over they will call you in a few days (in my case it was 10) for a second interview. Which is a 1-1 with the hiring manager, they get to know you a little more and ask more detailed questions. Then if you do good they will call you for a final interview with the store director. Its short and important you want him/her to remember you because they connect with the hiring manager to decide if they want to hire you. After all this and your still golden they will call you after they call your references and give you an offer of how much you'll start making and how many hours. Very long process.

Interview Question – What's 3 things that make a shift run smoothly?
How do you handle micro-clients?
What's some competitors?
Overall customer service experience.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They Offer what I wanted, no negotiation necessary.

Recovery Associate Interview

Recovery Associate
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in February 2014.

Interview Details I went through 3 interviews. The first one was a quick phone interview, very simple questions asked, the second one was a group interview with 6 of us. They ask a question then you just raise your hand to answer and everyone answers, super easy questions and very basic, then the third interview was a one on one with a color lead and the operations specialist and they asked a little bit of tougher questions and went into more detail about your past retail experience and what you are best at and what you need to work on. Talked about what position and hours your available for etc. Still pretty easy. Then after that I passed the one on one and had to do a "demo" on being a cashier and visual merchandising, super easy and fun, no pressure at all they just wanted to see how I would be with customers and how much I knew about visual merchandising.

Interview Question – There wasnt any questions that were difficult, it was all pretty easy to answer and if you didnt know how to answer it they helped you out. It was just a regular retail interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora interview questions and advice. All 182 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.