Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.6

Sales Associate/Color Mixer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process was a breeze when I actually had one the very first time back in 2007. I can't remember what exactly the store manager asked me but it was simple and got the job. The only thing you can really do is just be confident and relax and answer each interview question as truthfully as you can. Don't go in there nervous because then you might not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can't Recall the questions, but don't in there being nervous just be relaxed and confident.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I met with some Sherwin-Williams reps at a career fair at my university. I left a good impression and was contacted two weeks later to arrange a Skype Interview. A week and a half later was an interview with two managers at the district office followed by a brief exchange with the district manager, who offered me a position on the spot.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Met with store manager 20 minutes. Reviewed past jobs. Job is relatively simple and drivers are difficult to come by so interview is brief. He submits paperwork and waits a week for background and dmv checks. 1 to 2 days training and then you are on your own.

Interview Questions

• Will you obtain a CDL Hazmat license which we pay for and generously reward?   3 Answers
    • Can you cope with lifting 40-70 pounds everyday, walking thru mud and other unstable grounds?   1 Answer

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Sacramento, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was first a phone interview and it went very well. it was very conversational and she was a very friendly lady. She explained the job in great detail and was very helpful. She answered any question that I had, and was very relate-able. I had a good experience and i was invited to the next step of interviewing.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Hickory, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Seems like a very family oriented organization with a focus on the employees as an asset to the company unlike many of their competitors. Have not finished the multi step interview process.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

It was a 4 step process. First a phone interview with a recruiter, if that goes well you are invited to do two store visits where you interview the store management. Then you have a follow up phone call about those visits, if that all goes well you have a brief phone interview with someone in HR. Past that step you are invited to a final formal face-to-face interview with your district manager. If that goes well then you receive a formal job offer!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, very general questions such as, why Sherwin Williams, why you chose your major, what leadership skills you have.

Although I was reached out to the company because of my resume, I replied and I got another reply 1 week later. We set up a phone interview, it went great the lady liked me and said she wanted me to continue on to the next interview with the store manager. She said she will get back to me within 3 days
    A week passes I call and email, and never got back to me' it been a month and still no word to bad for them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for them   1 Answer

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Littleton, CO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience and I actually learned some things, hiring required three steps a phone interview by a talent acquisition manager, then an open house interview where you tour a nearby store and are more in a group interview with three to four managers including the district manager which helped me for my interview. Then your third interview is meeting with the you guessed it district manager who I had met at the open house where they get to know you as a person more so than anything. The interview process did not really feel like an interview more so a 1 on 1 class and getting to know you.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Normal, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended my college's career fair and met with a hiring representative at that time. She was very informative and energetic. I was asked to attend a "Meet the Firm" event. Following a great, informational event, I was asked to follow-up for a personal interview. At this point, I met with the branch manager who asked about my background, education, and experience. He was very friendly, pretty funny, and passionate about the company. I was contacted the next day with notice that I received the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge you had to overcome and how can it apply to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Phone interview, standard resume questions, nothing unusual. Spent the first part just talking about what the responsibilities of the position were, what the culture was like at the company. Interview was very short overall (around thirty minutes in total).