Sherwin-Williams

Getting the Interview

252 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details I apply for the job in the beginning of January and was emailed for a phone interview invited. I was schedule for a phone interview a week later. Ask a lot about leadership and management roles and situational events. The interview went very well and I was asked to do a store visit next week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a leadership role that you provided to your employees.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details This was the most thorough interview process i've experienced, in a good way. they conducted an initial get-to-know-you meeting with one of the 4 managers. I was brought back for another round that included competencies, then I made the final two and met with the district manager. Very thorough.

Interview Question – There were a few that were good.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2013.

Interview Details I did my intital talk to a recruiter at a job fair and was then invited to a store visit where a reversal interview was conducted. I got to ask the assistant manager and manger about their roles, time, and responsibilities in the store. Shortly after the store visit I went for final interview and was formally offered a position. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Most questions where on leadership   View Answer

Manager Training MTP Interview

Manager Training MTP

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details Went through my career website and submitter my resume to my career coach. He passed on my resume and then I received an email detailing my interview date and time.
I got thru to the 2nd step of the process and went in for a store visit about 2 weeks later. After the store visit I interviewed with the city and diatrict manager and they offered me the position that same day.

Interview Question – Basic questions about past job experiences and scenarios.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicopee, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2009.

Interview Details Simple in store application, took about a week to contact me, had one interview but I have never seen more than three, process from application till working in store was roughly a week and a half, they like to build up an employees knowledge so lack of experience isn't always a bad thing as long as you are willing to learn.

Interview Question – Learning about paint is a slow and detailed process so there was a lot of difficult and unexpected question but they have test you take to keep you well informed (simple 4-6 question test that are copied out of a simple 3-5 page bullet point study guide.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a 18 year kid I didn't have much negotiation but once you become a asset they will work with you on salary, as for hours and days off it depends on your particular store, but it's 3-5 employees per store so it felt like a family.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2013.

Interview Details It was a long interview process. Initially I applied online then a few days later I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is a basic phone screening. Then there was a delay because the recruiters had placed me in the wrong territory. Then after that issue was dealt with I had an in-store visit. During the in-store visit you are supplied with questions for the manager and assistant manager to answer. Then after the store visit a follow-up call is made to the recruiter. After that I had an interview with the regional manager. Once again this is a very standard interview, but for those whom have never been on an interview they ask you question and you should answer in STAR format (google it). Google common interview questions and that will basically cover the questions they ask you. Personally, I read the book "Greatest Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions" and I felt that prepared me very well. Then after that you will meet with the district manager who will describe the position more and ask you some more STAR format questions. A hint to anyone interviewing for this position ask relative questions throughout the interview and especially when they ask you if you have any questions. Personally, I had a very high understanding of the position but asked questions that I knew the answers too just to keep the conversation flowing and seem more inquisitive about the position. They offered me a position 2 days after my meeting with the district manager. I accepted the offer and a week later they told me I would start next week. So overall the process took me 5 steps and took almost 2 months! Sherwin-Williams is seemingly a terrific opportunity for a recent college graduate and so hopefully it will be worth it.

Interview Question – What was one time that you inspired someone?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Question – Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details The process began by speaking to a recruiter at my college's career fair. I was asked to interview the following day. The next step was traveling to the company's headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. I interviewed with three managers. I received an offer three days later.

Interview Question – Explain to me a time you encountered a problem that there wasn't necessarily a clear-cut decision making process and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a position, but not given a guarantee as to where I would be located to perform my job.

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2013.

Interview Details it took 5 weeks to get the job offer. First, it was the interview with the recruiter, then an in-store visit, interview with city manager, interview with hr representative, and interview with the distrcit manager. They ask behavioral type questions, tell me about a time about time managerment....working in a group...biggest challenge/weakness...why sherwin-williams? I received the job offer a day after the interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – The district manager asked what has been the weirdest question I have ever been asked in interviews? and He later asked, if I could be one animal which one would I be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No