Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.5

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Applied online and received a relatively quick phone Interview from the hiring manager. Received an offer the same week. There wasn't really much to it. Have a really good resume because that is what managers focus on reading before they select you for an interview. The process was relatively quick and painless, however, it was very late. My phone interview was done in early May, and my start date was in June.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions were very simple and basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky.

I was contacted to set up a phone interview, and then I had a short phone interview with the hiring engineer just to see if I had interest. Afterwards, I was interviewed on-site, going through 4 rounds of interviews. They asked typical behavioral questions provided by HR, and it was generally a very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. As long as you had experiences already in mind to describe team efforts and challenges, you can answer the "Describe a time when..." type questions very easily.   Answer Question

Ground Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky.

I was invited to a Super - Day as a result of my on campus interview. I had 4 rounds total. 3 of those rounds were on the same day but with different departments.

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward. If you feel you deserve a higher pay grade give examples why and give your increase as a percentage rather than a number. It is easier to value your work as a percentage increase of what they already gave you than asking for say $5000 more.

Compliance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Got a call from an outside recruiter and set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager, who was distracted the whole time and didn't really ask me about anything except what was on my resume. I was supposed to meet with a second person but they were unavailable. I got a call back a few days later asking me to come back for a second interview with a senior manager. Again, there weren't any questions beyond what was on my resume - the interviewer did 90% of the talking. I got a call from the hiring manager about 3-5 days later making me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Really, there wasn't any. The interviewers did not really ask me about anything that wasn't on my resume.   Answer Question
    I had to negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I told them the salary I wanted. They wouldn't give me an answer then, but I was told the actual offer would be on my offer letter that I would receive in a few days. When I received the letter, it offered me what I asked for.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky in July 2014.

Surprisingly little formality to the process. For an all-day visit, I was not given any agenda before or upon arriving. Interview was largely haphazard meetings with team members. I'm reviewing primarily to note their delay in reimbursing travel expenses. It's been a month already and I'm told it will be at least 2 more weeks. While inquiring about this I learned that my only contact was out-of-office for 2 weeks without providing a delegation contact, and my inquiries elsewhere in the company led nowhere, as they said they had no access to my expense info because I wasn't an employee. This and their use of outdated paper forms did not inspire confidence in their internal processes.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview was easy. No major technical questions. I was hired out of college so they didn't expect much. I had an internship there for 2 summers. They hired me based off my work performance during that time.

None.

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Contacted by recruiter and asked if I would be interested. They set up a phone interview the next day. The interview was VERY informal and lasted maybe 15 min. Most of the questions were 'do you know about this' or 'have you ever worked with that'. Offer extended that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible. Take it or leave it basically. All handled through contracting house.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky.

The hiring process was straight forward but the inbound process was long and laborious. It actually took over 2 months from the time the job was offered until the inbound process was completed.

Easy negotiation

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Straight forward process. I applied for the job and was called in to interview. Spent a few minutes talking with several people in the department, in sequence. I was asked about my experiences in school and what I hoped to do on the job.

I found this interview process to be fairly easy compared to interviews at other companies. They didn't challenge me with any tough questions and didn't try to evaluate my skills.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions. Mostly they explained to me what the job would entail.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation available. Sikorsky gave an offer and I had to accept it or not.

Production Control Interview

No outside positions must be a contractor first.