Six Flags

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Six Flags

Interview Details They interview process was short and they only ask you a handful of questions about your personality. Job experience is not needed. You can basically walk into any six flags and get hired almost immediately on the spot. Go in there with a reasonably positive attitude and willingness to answer a bunch of repetitive questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – What made you want to apply to Six Flags and what relevant experience do you have?   Answer Question

Jackson, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call two weeks later. From there I met with an interviewer and I was offered a position right then and there. The whole process was very easy to go through.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Rides Operator Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

Interview Details The interviewers were really nice. They wanted to get to know me as a person. They even asked me what were my hobbies.

Interview Question – Why did I choose this place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. it was pretty much straight forward

Rides Operator Interview

Rides Operator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2011.

Interview Details Very simple process. They ask you a few questions, and then ask when you are available to work and set you up with an orientation date. As long as you are confident in your answers and have a lot of hours open to work at Six Flags, you should have no problem.

Interview Question – What is a strength and weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Vallejo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

Interview Details A 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interview asking fairly simple questions about how you respond to scenarios you may encounter. Get a phone call about 2 weeks to 1 month afterwards with response if hired, if not hired they ignore you.

Interview Question – Generic questions of responding to guest questions and being polite with crowds and guest interactions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer you a set amount per hour at minimum wage for you to sign and accept or decline and leave.

Valencia, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and was scheduled for an interview a short period after. I arrived in business casual with all of my paperwork in order (make sure you have everything with you). I was a minor at the time so I brought my parent since they HAVE to be present to fill out paperwork for you as well. I waited in the HR office after checking in at the front desk. There were other people in there doing interviews or waiting on interviews. I was asked to fill out a bit of information. After completing that, i gave it to the front desk who asked me to wait again for a bit. Finally, I was called up and the lady politely greeted me. We went to a private interview space where she asked me very very simple questions about myself and how I am as a person. She was very nice.
Questions like: Do you like working alone or with people? How would you ask a neighbor to visit Six Flags? etc
None of the questions caught me off guard. She appreciated all my responses.
After completely the interview, she said I did a wonderful job but that no positions were available at the time but that she would keep me on file. I left very sad but continued to call back each week for two weeks to ask if anything was opening up. I gave up the third week as I realized there was no way I'd get the job but suddenly I got a call that next morning saying a position opened up and they wanted me to come in that afternoon to fill out the hiring paperwork (tax forms, etc). I was so happy!
I came in and filled out all the paperwork with my parent (they are allowed to help you). I gave the packet back to the front desk and a very very sweet lady took me back into the same interview space to go over my packet. She had me sign a lot of forms and explained Six Flags policies, etc. She had my Dad even sign some things. After all that (which was very easy and very relaxed), she gave me a paper for my training/orientation days.
Don't worry about training/orientation days! They are the easiest parts of the process since you already have the job. You get to learn about the specifics, you get to meet all your coworkers and supervisors. It's very fun and relaxed!

Interview Question – Nothing. Everything was fairly easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. It's minimum wage no matter what.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in May 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, got called 3 days later (missed the call, but they left a voice mail), didn't call back. Got another call and scheduled an interview, told me to dress buisness casual (if you don't they won't hire you or they will reschedule you). When you walk in to HR you go to the front desk, an they will ask you to do a six flags standardize math questioniare which is extremely easy. After that you they ask you to sit down and wait till you get called. When you get called they will lead you too a cubicle and ask you if the info you put on the online application is correct. They will go thru some policies and you sign and intial papers. They will ask why you picked six flags, and some other questions that are situation based such as an angry customers or guest or how you would convince a neighbor to go to six flags. After that she told me I passed my first interview. She handed me a processing packet that had the parks policies and tax forms and medical forms to fill out and a background check release form. Fill that out and handed it to front desk, and then you sit and wait again. You get called and they start goinh over the park policies on hair and other stuff. You intial and sign a few papers, and then they measure you for your uniform. They will make a photocopy of your drivers licence (in my case) and look at your social too see if its legit. After that they will tell you that you are hired and will call back to schedule for discovery training after your background check is cleared.

Negotiation Details – None, you get payed $8.00 in California

Ride Operator

I applied online - interviewed at Six Flags in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, got an email that I was selected for an interview, went to interview it took hours. Everyone was very nice and welcoming towards me. Stood in line outside for hours before I could even get into the interview room. Had two interviews and a math test, One interview with human resources and another with the department.

Interview Question – What can you bring to six flags?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Six Flags

Interview Details Applied online, got an interview the next day. Nothing too tough, standard interview.

Interview Question – What hours can you work?   Answer Question

Ride Operator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Six Flags in February 2013.

Interview Details I went into the interview nervous. The first part was a one on one with questions like what your strengths and weaknesses are, once you passed that part. You were moved on to a group interview where you played a game, then answered rapid fire questions.

Interview Question – What are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Six Flags

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags Ride Operator interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees and interview candidates.