Sky

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Financial Analyst Interview

Assistant Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Sky

Interview Details Online application. The process has improved since I applied but it took some time to hear back - perhaps a couple of months. Invited for for a phone interview and spoke to a member of HR. Then invited to interview having passed the phone interview. The day consisted of a maths test and verbal reasoning that you had already done online. Followed by a series of presentations, group activities and individual competency based questions with a member of HR. You found out if you got the job soon after.

Interview Question – The difficult aspect was the presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview Details Sky Engineering Academy

I applied online, and received further instructions a week later. I had to do a programming task home and had a week to complete it. Not the hardest thing I've done by far, but because I tried to ace it, it took me an unexpected amount of time (several afternoons).

After this, I was appointed for a phone interview, really short, they just wanted to confirm my personal data and to make sure I understood the conditions of the position. I was then scheduled for an assessment day, in which I was required to work with other candidates over the day. We would have people looking at what we were doing for the whole duration, but they were friendly and even offered help at times.

The tasks we were asked to do collectively were really fun, with even robots involved! The atmosphere was really friendly the whole time, I can't stress this enough.

There was also a small 1:1 interview in which they asked the usual personal questions (what is your worst defect etc...).

At the end of the day, they guided us through their campus and installations and let us talk with current employees to ask anything we wanted without anyone overlooking what questions we were asking.

Overall I couldn't be more impressed.

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions, some of the candidates were not computer scientists and had little experience as programmers, although they had impressive backgrounds from top universities. They were much more interested in our attitude than our skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was made clear since beginning, didn't negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sky in January 2014.

Interview Details Was interviewed twice by phone for an analyst position at Sky Bet. First interview was to go over my skills and experience to date. Second interview was more how I would fit in to the team and what transferable skills I could bring.

Both interviews went well and I was optimistic. I followed up a few weeks later asking if there was any feedback as I had not heard from Sky since then and was told that they were still going through interviews and I would be informed within the next ten days. I never heard from them again. I found that very unprofessional from a leading UK company and put me off applying to them again which is a shame as I am a huge fan of their services.

Interview Question – How does SkyBet compile odds for markets?   Answer Question

Senior Financial and Operational Auditor Interview

Senior Financial and Operational Auditor
Livingston, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sky in February 2014.

Interview Details Contacted via a recruitment advisor from sky via LinkedIn. She didn't seem to understand what the role was, although was very nice. She took my cv and put me forward for an interview with the head of audit.

Interview Question – How do i sell the need for an internal audit team to the chief executive?   View Answer

Football Researcher Interview

Football Researcher
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sky in January 2014.

Interview Details Online application followed by telephone screening. Screening mainly asked why I applied and then just ran through what to expect in the interview. Interview wasn't too taxing. Mainly experience based questions and only one or two competency based ones. Nothing too hard to answer. Included a quiz and task at the end.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Sky.

Interview Details online application,phone interview, 2 hour group interview

Interview Question – making a presentation in 5 minutes on why you wanted to work for sky,   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sky in December 2009.

Interview Details Interview, met my boss, decision same day

Negotiation Details – Quick and painless

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Livingston, Scotland

I applied through another source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sky in December 2012.

Interview Details 1st stage was telephone interview with a couple of competency based questions, 2nd was interview over Skype with a more Senior Manager and was more of a general discussion around where I seen the role developing.

Interview Question – Really didn't find any questions all that difficult, the conversations were relaxed and friendly and centered on subjects I had a full working knowledge of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took their offer without negotiation as it was 5k more than my role at the time and that didn't take into account the additional benefits such as free Sky Tv and healthcare.

Python Developer Interview

Python Developer
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sky in October 2013.

Interview Details First interview is a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview.
I've had several telephone interviews in the past and each one has been terrible due to the extremely poor telephone audio quality. The most recent was on speaker phone and was so poor that I couldn't answer the questions properly at all.

Interview Question – All of them were unintelligible.   Answer Question

Uddinston Interview

Uddinston
Uddingston, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sky in October 2013.

Interview Details Overratted phyic test when the interviers ask questions unrlated like, "Have you ever solved a problem before?"

Interview Question – The biggest problem is there is no on the spot feedback so everything is in the companys favour.   Answer Question

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!