Sky

Updated 30 Jan 2015

3.2

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sky.

I had a telephone interview which went well so i was invited for a face to face. 3 people were at the other end for the telephone interview. It was both general and technical.
    Went for face to face. The atmosphere seemed very relaxed, casual dressing etc. was interviewed by panel of 3 people.

Junior Software Developer (Munich) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sky.

I applied online through their website, they replied two weeks after to arrange an initial phone interview. Once done the phone interview I have received the answer after 1week. The interviewer wasn't so kind to be honest.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your university thesis ?   View Answer

Strategy Graduate Scheme 2015 Interview

Filled in online application. Approximately 5 questions such as "Why do you want to join Sky?", "Why do you want to join the Strategy team?", "Identify one threat and one opportunity for Sky in the current market?". Fairly straight forward, I spent approximately 2 weeks on the Application to perfect it. After a week, I progressed to the next stage and was sent the Online Numerical Test which I completed. I believe out of 18 question I got 15 correct (Make sure you practise). However, after 2 Months and 3 Weeks I received an email saying "We’ve received a high volume of interest for our roles this year and the quality of applications has been exceptionally high. We’re sorry to tell you that you’ve not been selected to go through to the next stage".

Never had such a poor experience.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sky in January 2015.

1st stage a computer multiple choice questionnaire eg what is a firewall
    2nd stage taken into a room on your own to do a presentation. Why sky, why you, qualities you have
    3rd stage interview with 4 different people
    4th stage role play in the call centre

Marketing Placement Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

Online Application: Why I wanted to work there? Why Marketing? Industry Question? Competency Based Questions?

Telephone Interview: Similar questions as online application but more competency question. Teamwork? Time Management? Challenges? Communication? Learning and Improving?

Assessment Centre:
    1. Interview: very similar to telephone interview

2. Group Exercise: Different case studies and had to agree on a decision.

3. Case study: Read and summarize it and present it

Interview Questions
    • Prepare detailed examples before hand for all competency questions.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uddingston, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uddingston, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

Applied online, completed online assessment questions. Got a call the next day to arrange a telephone interview. Had the telephone interview a few days later. Pretty straight forward, nothing difficult. Was then invited to the assessment centre in Uddingston. Was given 15 mins to do a ppresentation on why sky, why me etc. Then had separate interview /speed tests with 4 members of staff. Then a role play. They give you a sheet with price bundles and tv packages then call you and pretend to be a difficult customer. It's sales retention, they didn't seem to care much about customer service, it was all about sales and how you can push the customer into buying more channels or upgrading their package. Got a frosty reception from a few of the staff who interviewed me. The assessment centre took three hours. Got an email the next morning telling me I was unsuccessful. I wouldn't waste my time applying for this if I were you. It's basically a call centre job, the pay is rubbish, the shifts are very anti social, and they practically make you beg for a job with the lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. A lot of the questions are very repetitive from online through to the assessment centre.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

I filled out the online application - this included questions such as:
    Why Sky?
    Why the role?
    What are the threats to Sky?
    Give an example of time management & give an example of when you persuaded someone.

I then received a telephone interview that was mostly competency questions and again why sky and why the specific programme.

I got through to the assessment centre day which involved an individual interview, a group assignment which was watched and marked and an individual assignment. There was also a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky or unexpected questions. I know a couple of candidates were asked what their favourite Sky product / show / channel was so be prepared to answer these questions.   View Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Sky.

I applied for the role via Sky's website and after a few months I had actually forgotten that I applied. I was happy to hear from Sky inviting me for an interview. The interview was conducted in a professional manner by the hiring manager who gave a detailed description of the role. My opinion of the interview was quite positive however, the fact that the only questions asked were knowledge based gave me the impression that developing talent is not part of Sky's ethos. Overall I enjoyed the interview process and it was a pleasure to have met the hiring manager who seemed very knowledgeable and someone I could have worked well with.
    After 2 rounds I was told that I would be contacted the following week with next steps. Unfortunately I have not been contacted to date. From other reviews on glassdoor Sky has a reputation of taking a long time to get back to candidates so if you are a potential candidate be prepared for long periods with no communication. Their HR contacts are also very difficult to reach by phone or email.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions involved being given a scenario and asked how I would handle it. so it was expected that I had in-depth knowledge of the market and how sky work.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sky.

Initial contact was fine- called and when I didn't pick up (I was driving) left a voicemail informing me that I had a telephone interview in a couple of days time. The recruiter then also sent an email confirming the date and time.

I replied to confirm that the date and time for the phone interview were fine. During this communication I was informed that (as long as I was successful) the next stage would be a face to face interview a few days after the phone call.

I had the phone interview as scheduled and again was informed that the next stage would be a face to face interview. When the call was concluded I was specifically informed "recruitment would be in touch with regards to the next stage".

I waited the next day and after hearing nothing all day, sent the recruiter an email just before the end of the day specifically asking them to confirm either way if I was to attend the interview (as I would need to make arrangements to be able to do so). I of course never had any response...

While of course I have had many interactions with recruiters when they never got back to me, I generally expect better from an internal HR person- especially when I specifically asked the question of them. My email was not replied to and I received no phone call. Considering they are representing what is a large corporate brand, I would have hoped for at least a one line "thanks but no thanks" email.

I have now had negative experiences both as a Sky customer and now as a prospective employee. Not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were as expected- just going over my experience/ CV.   Answer Question

Studio Graphics Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isleworth, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isleworth, England

One of the things I'd like to stress to anyone going through an interview process here, is that the HR/Recruitment department like to take their time when dealing with candidates. I personally took over 3 months from initial interview to getting my foot in the door. (even took a job in the interim to pay rent) Just be patient when the process is underway and always believe in better.

no negotiation