Sky

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sky in July 2010.

Very long-winded, took 3 months from beginning to end.

Had initial telephone interview, followed up by a 1.5 hour 1:1 with the hiring manager and another manager, also consisted of a skills test with a few problem solving type scenarios.

2nd interview 9 days later was with two more senior stakeholders and consisted of a 2 hour grilling over my past experiences and CV details. Also had the usual HR related questions to answer. The interviews were quite stress-full and not easy to get through, I think part of the process was to evaluate me under pressure.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Which football team do you support?   Answer Question
  • How will you fit in with the fast-paced nature of the role?   Answer Question
None. I was offered the top salary in the banding with no further room for manoeuvre. The contract mentions a discretionary bonus, but this has never been paid. You get the usual Sky perks, TV etc as standard - 25 paid days holiday, rising to a max of 30 over the first 5 years.