Société Générale

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in October 2013.

Interview Details Short telephone interview based on the values of the company and asked for examples to show that I was a good fit. The interviewer was very friendly and emailed afterwards to answer a question I had asked during the interview. Overall not that much preparation is needed and I think I didn't show enough motivation and the interviewer was aware that I had applied to a different division.

Interview Question – What do you want to do in the long term? As I had not applied for this position I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in the long term.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2013.

Interview Details Very quick action , online SHL test ,you need to prepare for it if you want to have the interview . Received the interview 2 weeks later after I finish the exam . Regular telephone question why this company why this position challenges how to deal with conflict situation etc. No technical questions . About 2 weeks later I received a reject mail .

Interview Question – Unexpected Question : Did you apply other companies? I tell her the truth I got several on my list . I have a choice to chosen not to tell .   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details One numerical test online
one phone interview conducted by hr
and one interview at their london office

Interview Question – Tell me something that is not on your cv   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Trainee Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details I have applied via efinancialcareers and have contacted the recruiter to follow up few days later. I had an initial conversation over the phone with the recruiter in order to have more details about the role itself and to discuss my current work situation and expectations. Few days later he has adviced me that the hiring manager wanted to meet me for an interview. I have an 1:1 interview the following Tuesday and the recruiter called me back the same evening to announce me that I've got the role! Very quick and clear hiring process.

Negotiation Details – No negociation - trainee contract with fixed salary and I was very happy with it.

Middle Office Interview

Middle Office
London, England

I applied online and interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details CV and application screening, online tests with SHL, competency based interview
- What motivated you about this program ?
- Tell me about a time you faced a difficult decision

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you faced an integrity issue   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Engineer Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in December 2011.

Interview Details there is a lot of intern in france who are applying all the time on the socgen website, so the competition is hard and the interviews are quite difficult.

Interview Question – what is the vega sensitivity of a best of call?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, it was an internship

Investment Banking Coverage Support Interview

City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2011.

Interview Details I first met with the head of coverage support in London. She was pleasant and we had a nice long chat about the setup of coverage, recent developments and growth plans. I was able to expound on what I knew was currently happening at Soc Gen and what I had to offer. The role was for maternity cover and the industries covered were not my first choice as my main interest was in natural resources where the bank is strong.
Nevertheless I decided to move forward and was shortlisted for the final round. The final round was a video conference with the Europe coverage support head and global coverage support head based in Paris who fielded questions around my experience and motivation for applying. We had a good chat but in the end I was informed they went with an internal candidate whose experience most closely related to the role.

Interview Question – Since you have not worked directly in this area before, explain your understanding of what is expected and how you can fulfill the role.   View Answer

Control Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2008.

Interview Details was reffered by a former employee and had an initial interview with the Head of Ops, then Head of Settlements and Head of Business Support and HR. All interviews were fairly relaxed, questions related more to the type of person I was than to work experience, as I was fresh from uni. HR interview was slightly more demanding as the HR manager did some kind of personality testing.

Interview Question – If you were an animal would you rather be a fish or a snake?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was mainly over the phone. I had a second offer from a different IB in Ops and I was asked what they offered. I sticked to the truth and SG matched it. Without this I would have certainly got a lower salary from SG.

Manager Interview

London, England

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in January 2008.

Interview Details Straightforward and standard interview process. 1 to 1 interview in two rounds with final detailed HR interview. 3 rounds in total. Mostly competency based questions. Perception was positive especially of culture and people. Quite relaxed interviews and was able to ask many questions and felt I got to know potential employers well and get a good feel for the role and organisation.

Interview Question – Asking for detailed examples of difficult situations encountered in the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes did negotiate via agency, had to be firm and hold ground and eventually got what I wanted.

Very Easy Interview

Middleware Administrative Interview

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Société Générale

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société Générale interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Société Générale employees and interview candidates.