Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

7 interviews, 1 external with solic

Passed the first round and added to the shortlist for the final round, but wasn't selected

In the UK, we have significant activities in each of our core business areas.
    Global Investement Management Services
    Securities Services
    Private Banking and wealth Management
    Equipment Finance
    Vehicle Leasing

Interview Questions

• what are the different ways to have to software exchange data.   1 Answer
    • Static String location;
      Static DateTime time;
      Console.WriteLine(location == null ? “location is null” : location);
      Console.WriteLine(time == null ? “time is null” : time.ToString());
      Location is null (reference), print DateTime.MinValue (value)

Answer Question
    • What is the angle between the hour-hand and minute-hand of a clock at 3:15?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Société Générale (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

15 telephone interview, competency based questions. Asked about previous experiences and what I would like to gain from the internship.

Graduate Trainee, Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

Originally applied as legal trainee for corporate & investment banking and I was turned down but a recruiter called me a month later in relation to a different trainee position that they felt better suited my skills and experience. The phone call was just a general chat about the position and then they emailed me the specification, I replied detailing my interest and an interview date was set. The interviewer was very pleasant, one of the lawyers that the successful applicant would be working under. Note, HR people did not interview me so I suspect they are just looking for someone that is keen and that they could work well with. The interviewer didn't ask any trick questions and most of the time was spent explaining the role and how the role plays within SocGen as a whole. Further, the interviewer emphasised that people normally only stay within this role for a year - it is to be viewed as an experience/stepping stone and realistically not as the start of a continued career within SG.

Interview Questions

• Where do you wish to be in 5 years time ?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about contract law.   1 Answer
    • Talk me through your cv/experience   Answer Question

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

Interview

I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Questions

• give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question

Negotiation

no room for negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Application form online. You then have two days to take the numerical test.
    Three days later, they mailed me to book a phone interview which happened 8 days after my application form.

The interview was supposed to last 15 minutes but the previous candidate lasted 20 minutes so I was told that it would only last 10 minutes for me. Among the questions I got :
    -What skills do you possess that make you an outstanding candidate for this role?
    -What do you want to do in the long term?
    -What do you know about Societe Generale?
    -Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure.
    -Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a communication conflict.
    -Describe a time when you had to show integrity and professionalism.

You can hear the person typing your answers so don't be surprised about that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to show integrity and professionalism.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Société Générale (London, England).

Interview

One numerical test online
    one phone interview conducted by hr
    and one interview at their london office

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale (London, England) in November 2013.

Interview

Very quick action , online SHL test ,you need to prepare for it if you want to have the interview . Received the interview 2 weeks later after I finish the exam . Regular telephone question why this company why this position challenges how to deal with conflict situation etc. No technical questions . About 2 weeks later I received a reject mail .

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question : Did you apply other companies? I tell her the truth I got several on my list . I have a choice to chosen not to tell .   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Short telephone interview based on the values of the company and asked for examples to show that I was a good fit. The interviewer was very friendly and emailed afterwards to answer a question I had asked during the interview. Overall not that much preparation is needed and I think I didn't show enough motivation and the interviewer was aware that I had applied to a different division.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in the long term? As I had not applied for this position I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in the long term.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview after online application. Met the team in one day, back to back interviews at the company's office. Mostly fit questions, technicals only from one team member, but all in kind spirit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed term contract.

Communications Assistant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (London, England) in July 2013.

Interview

I have applied via efinancialcareers and have contacted the recruiter to follow up few days later. I had an initial conversation over the phone with the recruiter in order to have more details about the role itself and to discuss my current work situation and expectations. Few days later he has adviced me that the hiring manager wanted to meet me for an interview. I have an 1:1 interview the following Tuesday and the recruiter called me back the same evening to announce me that I've got the role! Very quick and clear hiring process.

Negotiation

No negociation - trainee contract with fixed salary and I was very happy with it.