Southern California Edison

Getting the Interview

114 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Program/Project Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Dimensional, situational interview questions. Must answer every part of the question. 2 Interviewers did my interview. About me section than standard multi part interview questions. Should already have situations in mind.

Interview Question – Do not recall exactly what was asked, but they asked for many real life examples to answer the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate but my experience is unique.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2010.

Interview Details Case study and behavioral interviews

Interview Question – Business case study   Answer Question

Automation Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Initial phone interview had really basic questions (Why are you a good fit for this role, describe yourself in 1 word, why are you interested, etc.). Wanted someone who knew AutoCAD, even though the skill wasn't mentioned in the description. Asked a series of "Yes/No" questions after the basic behavioral questions. The lady was nice, but the phone interview could have been better if she emailed me ahead of time, asking for a good time to conduct the interview, rather than calling me unexpectedly during my classes (wasn't able to pick up right away).

Interview Question – Asked if I had experience with leading large teams--which wasn't asked for in the description. Haven't heard back after telling them "no," even though I tried my best to save myself.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Phone interview: Good, friendly people. Asked very relevant questions about how my background fit into the job description. Some behavioral questions. Half of the interview was informative. They can go a bit over the allotted time for an interview. Overall a very pleasant interview. My advice is to understand really well how you satisfy the requirements and what the required job skills are.

Interview Question – No particular question was difficult.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Email and phone from HR. Panel interview, dimensional, about 10 questions.

Interview Question – When you did not agree with business decision, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not lengthy, offered highest pay

Deputy Director Interview

Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in February 2014.

Interview Details Long process, but handled very professionally.

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. They rotated asking questions, and took notes while I gave my answers.

The questions were mostly behavioral in nature, as opposed to discussing my background or resume. I highly recommend that applicants become familiar with the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format of answering interview questions. Come prepared with examples in mind of situations you have faced in your career.

Some of the key questions I remember:

“Tell us about yourself” – This was only opportunity to hit on key aspects of your background, demonstrate knowledge of Edison, why you want the job, why you’re the best candidate, etc.

Safety – There was a question along these lines: “Safety is a big priority for Edison. If you were hired in this position what would you do to ensure a safe working environment.” Be ready to answer this, and to give an example from your background (STAR style).

Multi-Functional Team – Be prepared to give an example of a time when you lead/managed a multi-functional team.

Failure – Be prepared to give an example of a time when you failed at something.

Interview Question – Decision Making – Be prepared to give an example of a time when you had to make a quick decision without having all of the facts.   Answer Question

ITS4 - Information Security Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details Phone screening followed by face-to-face behavioral interview

Interview Question – Behavioral Interview questions - The questions are not difficult, they are all scripted, about 6-8 questions, each question comes with sub part.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Nuclear Security Officer Interview

Nuclear Security Officer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2010.

Interview Details If your resume and application are accepted you must then take a written test. If you pass the test you will be asked to go to the firing range and prove you have marksman ship skills with a rifle and pistol. If you pass the range you will be given an interview.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you had to make a decision that was unpopular and what was the result or out come.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ther was no negotiation the wage was set

IT Specialist I Interview

IT Specialist I
Irwindale, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2010.

Interview Details Attended a career event at Cal Poly Pomona and handed the SCE job recruiter my resume. Was contacted about a job a few months later. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager that asked a bunch of informational questions. Had another interview in person with the hiring manager and team member. Asked more informational and behavior questions. Was contacted by HR via phone that I got the job and accepted it. Had to do a drug and background check. Show proof of degrees and current school status. Overall process took a few months.

Interview Questions

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Tulare, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview Details My first interview was over the phone with a 3 member panel. They asked simple questions such as what kind of experience had I had with Transmission lines and how I have handled working in a diverse group. Follow up interview was in person and was conducted by 2 people who then went into more detailed questions.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was How do I feel about working in a diverse group.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a salary and I asked for more and they were honest and said what was the most they had budgeted for the position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern California Edison

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern California Edison interview questions and advice. All 114 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Southern California Edison employees and interview candidates.