Southern California Edison

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

3.2

Panel Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

The best way to prepare is to practice the STAR interview model. Give a situation, task, action, results for even question asked. Come prepared to answer a question about each of the job requirements or anything on the description that days demonstrated ability to do this or that. I interviewed with my supervisor and manager when I interviewed.

Business Analyst Interview

applied on SCE.com and received a call for in person interview 1 month later. Asked a total of 6 situational questions from a list given by HR. It was a panel interview and questions were easy to answer. Whole process took about 1 hour.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in December 2014.

I applied online and was called for a phone screening in where I reviewed my resume with the recruiter. The in person portion was a panel interview and the majority of the questions were behavioral based ("tell me about a time when...") followed by some technical questions. Overall more difficult than I expected and required thinking well on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when made a mistake in the workplace.   Answer Question
    N/A

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2014.

I was contacted for the job two month prior with a simply phone interview i had expected nothing from it since it had been so long but then i got a call and they wanted a face to face the next day. When i got in i watched the employees as i waited for my escort. Even if the dress code says no tennis shoes i saw a mix from shorts to suits coming in and out. The interview was don't in there main office building and in the cafeteria. The interview was really quick and seemed like they did not know what they wanted. Only because i had specific keywords on my resume did they interview me but i was under the impression they did not fully know what they meant. In any effect the manager had been there more than 10 years and said that most people have resumes that are to long and not enough depth.

Interview Questions
    • After hearing about the project he wanted an example from my past that matched. It took awhile to get some terms across.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial communication from HR to validate experience, followed by a scheduled in person interview with hiring manager. 1hr interview asking standard interview questions. A week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Offer was less than expected.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2014.

Asked a total of 8 behavioral questions from a panel of interviewers. Questions were aim to ID your Role? Approach? outcome? of the situation. Whole process took about 1 hour.

not much room

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southern California Edison in October 2014.

There was a series of about 6 questions, but there were about 3-4 things you have to answer within the questions. They provide paper and pens to write down notes so can refer back to the questions when you answer. You can ask them to repeat the questions since it's hard to catch everything they say. After the interview you have to give the paper you wrote on back.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handle conflicts at work, what was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Disability Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southern California Edison in September 2014.

Consists of initial panel nterview once you pass the initial interview you move on to a performance interview. Both interviews were specific to the position. Not a STAR general format. Great Experience!

Planner Trainee Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions
    • In short, Tell us about your problems.   View Answer

Control Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southern California Edison.

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.