Southwest Airlines

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details There were a lot of issues about HR/Recruiters during this process which is really sad. I applied online from a job posting website. I understand they call from different states, but the recruiter called my house at 5:30 AM (and I'm on the East Coast of the US!). This was not scheduled like many people say - they just randomly called, and in the process woke up my entire household. I tried to give this "recruiter" the benefit of the doubt, but I was soon sorry I did I didn't just stop there. She then went on to tell me that even though the Customer Service Supervisor position wasn't open anymore (and I had about 10 years experience with another company in the same position and a degree in aviation), she wanted me to switch over to be a ramp agent . This means about a 65% pay cut and the hours were 1/2 of what was originally posted. Still I allowed her to go through with it, since this was going to make an even better letter to customer service later on! When I thought she couldn't make any more mistakes she asked me if I wanted to work in a town where an airport didn't exist- YUP! The airport is actually about 30 miles east of where she was referring to and she had just concocted an imaginary title for it. Again, the proper airport was in the job listing. After that I asked her if she had my resume in front of her- she said she did. She asked NOTHING about the job or how my experience related to it. She tried to go over my job history saying "so you last job was 8 years ago?" and then picked out another position I had held before that. It was evident she was either reading it backwards or under the influence. She invited me in for a face to face interview but I declined. No one should work for a company like this.

If my caller ID didn't say SW Airlines on it, I probably would have thought it was a scammer.

Interview Question – Am I speaking with (insert name)?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wrote most of it in the hiring and interview process. In summary they offered the wrong position, pay rate way below average and were not competent interviewers

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2009.

Interview Details Promoted from within - 2 interviews / focused on direct interaction with people and solving problems to avoid complaints and how resolved. Process takes aprox 3 weeks, after which you will travel several times for various "training" reasons. First interview is general phone interview after which you will interview with Station manager. Much of the same questions asked at each.

Interview Question – Must provide specific details of events related to customer service solutions in a past situation - both positive and negative outcomes and be prepared to provide answers for "what would you do if" & "what could you have done to make this situation better".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they make offer and you take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines Customer Service Supervisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.