Southwest Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Question – what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details 3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Crew Tracker Interview

Crew Tracker

Interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview Details The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details One phone interview with recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly. One phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face interview at corporate headquarters with recruiter, hiring manager, and another team member. The other team member didn't look at me during the entire interview which made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. Giving a negative experience because of this interviewer (non responsive or interested).

Interview Question – Do you take things personally?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because I applied for a full time position, but they only offered me contract (3 to 6 months) - same pay, but no benefits. Drive too long.

Communications Interview

Communications
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, received follow-up a few weeks later asking me to send a "Why Southwest?" essay and a current resume. After that, was contacted for a phone interview and then was flown to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Name 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses about yourself   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Interview Question – Why southwest airlines?   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Operations Agent
Albany, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress throughout the day   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details Submitted resume online, got a call for a phone interview a few months later. Phone interview was very laid back and easy. Asked questions about my previous work experience, as well as why I left former jobs. They sent me on to the next step which was F2F interview. Southwest flies you to your interview and flies you back. Which is a plus in this industry! Interview was easy and laid back. Asked questions about why I want to be a FA, and work for Southwest, etc. Also asked to name a situation in which I had an angry customer and how did I handle it.

Interview Question – What would be the most challenging part of working as a Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by panel interview
Panel interview is a series of "what if" questions which might or might not pertain to your experience
The panel consists of the Team and the hiring manager

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficult manager/project/team - explain   Answer Question

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!