Southwest Airlines

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

2.8

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Airworthiness Directive Compliance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview process went well. Received a call in Mid July to do an in person interview in Dallas TX for the Airworthiness Compliance Internship for Fall 2014. Interview process starts the minute you check in at the airport so be sure to be courteous and friendly to everyone you meet. Flew down on July 25. Flight and hotel arrangements were all taken care of by Southwest and went smoothly. Interview was at 3.45 in the afternoon and lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary. Daniel Riskey from HR and 2 of the AD Compliance managers were the interviewers. This is usually the structure, 1 person from HR and 1 or 2 from the specific department. They asked about things on my resume and to go into more detail about them. Interview was very relaxed and casual. Questions weren't scripted but more in response to what you stated on your resume and personality. Best advice I could say is just relax. I went in pretty nervous and interview felt like it went by really quickly. Calm down, stop, and take a breath if you need to. The interviewers understand and will let you pause and think. Be sure to send thank you notes both to HR and the people who helped setup hotel and flight arrangements. I received a call about 4-5 days following the interview. If you accept be sure to be very detailed with your background check information and have W2's and paystubs available to expedite any verification problems that may arrise.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I dressed as last Halloween to get a sense of my personality   Answer Question
    Be sure you complete your background check information in as detailed as possible. Have W2's or paystubs available in case they have problems verifying.