Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.8

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call about a week after applying online. At the end of the short phone screening I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interviewer asked what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. At the end of the interview, was told that I would hear back after the completion of my drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines ?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Signed up online, received phone call day later. Then was requested for F2F. The F2F was planed 2 weeks later. Interview consisted with HR person and other employee.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation dealing with a problem in a group.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 min. Basic questions about personality and skill set. Very friendly and relaxed process. At the end of the interview, the recruiter will have a pretty good idea if they want to bring you in for a face to face interview. A couple weeks later a Face to Face interview was set up. Asked to get to HDQ early to get finger printing and paperwork processed. Prior to the face to face you will be asked to fill out an application regarding 10 year background check, education and job history. The interview process is normally a panel, mine had 5 people. It is very conversational interview and just displace your talents. No need to get nervous. Asked to talk through resume, and then the team will ask questions regarding specifics about the job. This interview is more about personality and fit with the team than qualifications. Have fun and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Being a fast paced environment and quickly moving, how do you handle distractions?   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Fist round was a phone interview, about 20 mins, briefly went through my resume. Then on-site internview with 2 hiring managers and 1 hr. Was a good interview about 40 mins, not too hard. Some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the following day. Interviewer asked me to finish answering more questions online and he will call back upon my completion. He called me back the next day for the phone interview. At the end of the interview he told me that they will send an email for f2f interview. 2days later I received an email saying that they decided to go with other candidates.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online in November and didn't hear back until mid February. I was asked to send in the Why Southwest essay and a few weeks later I got an email saying I got to the phone interview round. The phone call lasted about fifteen minutesor so. The interviewer was very friendly and asked me questions. I asked him questions at the end, which he loved. There were a lot of steps to the process, but I enjoyed the experience I got from applying to Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest? What were your favorite two classes? Why you?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent, DAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a 4 weeks ago, had a phone interview last week and called for a F2F about 4 days after the phone interview, asked me to wait outside for a few minutes, called me back in and had the fingerprinting done straight after the F2F. I had 3 to 1 interview, and it was very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Went over my work history, nothing out of the ordinary, the usual,,,,why do you want to work for SWA, the role of the Ramp agent, why did you leave your other jobs.   Answer Question

No Limits Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then flown in to HQ for a face-to face interview. Everyone in the company is very friendly and interested to know who you are and how you would fit in with the Southwest culture.

Interview Questions

• Is there an area in the Southwest Way that you have more of then the others?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online in December
    2) Had over the phone interview in early January
    3) Had F2F interview at the airport in early February
    4) Less than a week later I found out I would move on in the process
    5) In the couple of days following I got fingerprinted and went for a drug test
    6) Almost a MONTH later found out I officially had the job!!

No matter how frustrated you get with the process, just stay patient and positive!

Interview Questions

• Why southwest?
      How would you handle a mean customer?
      What sets you apart?

Just be yourself! The interview was not set up to stump me, or screw me over! It just felt like a fun conversation, I walked out beaming. I think their main tactic is finding people who fit the culture of Southwest.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process was long but straightforward. Once you speak to a recruiter and go through a phone interview, if they are interested they will fly you to Dallas to meet you in person. Usually, interviews are in a small room with a recruiter and hiring manager(s). Overall very conversational, they are a laid back company and try to convey that image from the moment you walk into the building.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      Why Southwest?