Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.8

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.

Airworthiness Directive Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview process went well. Received a call in Mid July to do an in person interview in Dallas TX for the Airworthiness Compliance Internship for Fall 2014. Interview process starts the minute you check in at the airport so be sure to be courteous and friendly to everyone you meet. Flew down on July 25. Flight and hotel arrangements were all taken care of by Southwest and went smoothly. Interview was at 3.45 in the afternoon and lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty standard nothing out of the ordinary. Daniel Riskey from HR and 2 of the AD Compliance managers were the interviewers. This is usually the structure, 1 person from HR and 1 or 2 from the specific department. They asked about things on my resume and to go into more detail about them. Interview was very relaxed and casual. Questions weren't scripted but more in response to what you stated on your resume and personality. Best advice I could say is just relax. I went in pretty nervous and interview felt like it went by really quickly. Calm down, stop, and take a breath if you need to. The interviewers understand and will let you pause and think. Be sure to send thank you notes both to HR and the people who helped setup hotel and flight arrangements. I received a call about 4-5 days following the interview. If you accept be sure to be very detailed with your background check information and have W2's and paystubs available to expedite any verification problems that may arrise.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I dressed as last Halloween to get a sense of my personality   Answer Question
    Be sure you complete your background check information in as detailed as possible. Have W2's or paystubs available in case they have problems verifying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Received a letter to come for an interview....I had one interview and was hired that day. Went for drug screening and was called for a class date a month later.

Take whatever they offer if you want the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initial Phone call interview, if passed, they will invite you to a group interview with 25+ people. They are asking questions and going around the room. They are talking turns talking with everyone. They will leave the room and watch you on video from another room to see how you interact. They are looking for outgoing talkative people. Look sharp! Ladies wear a suit too! Look like a flight attendant! Full hair and Make up. Guys look shgarp! No facial hair. Short hair, clean cut. You SHOULD know that day if they send you to the next step. They may ask you to stay for a one on one, or they will call you back in for a one on on. Don't worry if you don't find out that day. If you don't hear from them in a week. You most likely didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • They use STAR system so be PREPARED! They ask random quesations like tell me about a most difficult customer exprience, most irate customer and how you handled it. They want people who don't need conatant supervision and can get along well with others. NO AND LOW DRAMA. They are focusing on your customer service skills!   Answer Question
    They offered me the inflight class with pay , 30 days in Dallas, three main meals are taken care of, snacks and laundry facilities are not. it was like $1000 total and you don't get paid until you leave. You arent gauranteed to get position until you graduate. Then thats when you get the offer. I think it now starts at $21 something an hour.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Submitted resume online, got a call for a phone interview a few months later. Phone interview was very laid back and easy. Asked questions about my previous work experience, as well as why I left former jobs. They sent me on to the next step which was F2F interview. Southwest flies you to your interview and flies you back. Which is a plus in this industry! Interview was easy and laid back. Asked questions about why I want to be a FA, and work for Southwest, etc. Also asked to name a situation in which I had an angry customer and how did I handle it.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging part of working as a Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Sent in resume December 2013 and received an email stating I would receive a call with in 2 a weeks. Received the call 3weeks later and it was the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question was" Tell me about customer service. ". Caught me off guard as there was nothing specific regarding the subject . I was informed that I would receive an email if I would go on to the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Procurement Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

They e-mail you once they get your application to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes and they just ask the basic questions. My phone interview started an hour late so it was also cut shorter because of that. If you make it past the phone interview then you go to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What is your biggest weakness? What is your greatest Strength? Why do you want to work at Southwest?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer
    None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.