Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

6 month long recruiting process; overall really great experience and timely responses back. Application is super easy, then received email for why southwest essay, then phone interview, then in-person interview and got a call day of I received the internship. Each step took place per month and found out in November for internship in January.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview all behavioral, in-person interview more specific but all in all really great experience. Everyone is so nice and makes you feel at home regardless of how nervous you are.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied when Southwest Airlines came to our university to talk to us. First there was a phone interview and after that was the in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the same guy, I had the phone interview with but there was someone else also there. The recruiter the person I had the phone interview with briefly told me the interview was going to be similar as the phone, but it was not that similar.

Interview Questions

• What would be things you look for to see if we wanted to move in to another city?
      Talk about projects you've worked with, and experiences at your previous jobs.

Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Interview

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions

• Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Senior Network Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

A recruiter submitted my resume and I was initially told they were not interested. However two weeks later, the hiring manager (HM) wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well and took about 30 minutes. Before the call was over, the HM requested an in person interview for the next day. The next day, I met with the HM and a senior member of the network team. They asked me about my experience as shown on my resume. Also, asked me about my knowledge of different equipment in use as Southwest. I was very honest about my skillset strengths and weaknesses. About an hour after the interview I received a call from the recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything particularly difficult. I was very comfortable with my knowledge and limitations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the rate was set prior to the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Interview

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online, which requires a resume and Why Southwest essay. Then, I was contacted regarding a phone interview. The phone interview lasted more about a half an hour. It was with one person and mostly reviewed my resume to make sure of its authenticity as well as explored my career goals. I made it to the final round, in which they fly you to headquarters, but I was studying abroad and therefore had another phone interview. They warned me that it put me at disadvantage. It was almost an hour and there were about five people listening and asking questions. At this point, there were people representing different internship positions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major/why is communications important   Answer Question

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Horrible. I was the 15th or 16th potential applicant that day. The interviewer was curt and rude towards me. She clearly wasn't having a good day. She spent more time talking at me than to me. The ramp representative that sat in on the interview fell asleep while I was talking. He didn't wake up until his cell phone rang.

They'll take your background info (social security number, address, etc.) knowing they don't plan on hiring you. You have to just trust that they'll destroy your background documentation if you're not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I was told, "I'm the one asking the questions. Please keep quiet until after the initial interview." Despite having airline experience, I knew after that comment, I didn't want the job. I'll remain a loyal customer and let someone else fight over the $10/hr job. It's not worth it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   1 Answer