Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated 24 Aug 2014

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Questions
    • From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2013.

I put in an app online. about 2 weeks later i got a random phone call. it was a recruiter. she asked me if i was still interested and then asked some basic interview questions. it was kind of a surprise phone interview. (i was at dinner, not expecting that) At the end of the phone interview she scheduled my face to face. i did the F2F with a recruiter and the operations manager of my location (IND). got emailed 4 days later to set up drug test and finger prints. waiting for my start date

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a chaotic time at your last employer and how you handled it.
      Do you know about SW fun-luving culture?
        Answer Question
    no negotiations

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

I completed the online app, received email to conduct phone interview about 2 weeks after I applied, completed phone interview then one week later the face to face. Face to face was with a supervisor and someone from their people department.... 4 days later I was offered the position. I had 48 hrs to complete testing.

no negotiations

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2013.

Spoke with a station representative (in my case, the station manager; others spoke with ramp supervisors) and we discussed the position and what it entails. Asked general interview questions.

none- CBA

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • What are the basic requirements to work for this position?   View Answer
    • Asks about your resume and recent jobs.   Answer Question
    • Why Skywest?   View Answer
    • Can you bend, lift, stand, twist up to 70 pounds?   View Answer
    • Can you be able to travel up to 2 weeks for training possibly in another state?   View Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2012.

applied online, received email to respond by calling a number if interested in the position still. Recruiter called, asked simple questions, explained the position. Told I would get a one on one interview if selected. After seeing some reviews, I won't be receiving a one on one.

Interview Questions

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!