Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Service Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jan 2015
Updated 12 Jan 2015

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2014.

Horrible. I was the 15th or 16th potential applicant that day. The interviewer was curt and rude towards me. She clearly wasn't having a good day. She spent more time talking at me than to me. The ramp representative that sat in on the interview fell asleep while I was talking. He didn't wake up until his cell phone rang.

They'll take your background info (social security number, address, etc.) knowing they don't plan on hiring you. You have to just trust that they'll destroy your background documentation if you're not offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • I was told, "I'm the one asking the questions. Please keep quiet until after the initial interview." Despite having airline experience, I knew after that comment, I didn't want the job. I'll remain a loyal customer and let someone else fight over the $10/hr job. It's not worth it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ramp Agent Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2013.

I had a recruiter who wanted to talk to me. They sent me a message saying I was up for a phone interview with zero choice of time or date. Given they call from a different state- they had no respect for the fact that the area I was in had just experienced a major tornado and there wasn't power and phone lines that were functioning were minimal.

When the recruiter finally called, she asked me nothing about what would make me a good candidate for the position. All she seemed to be fixated on was how old I was-and why I only had an 8 year job history, not 10 (I would have been 14 ten years ago).

She ask me why I left me last job and I explained that my entire dept. had their positions eliminated. . . The interviewer then said "oh so you were fired for doing a bad job".... obviously, she had no clue what she what the difference between laid off and termination meant.

Interview Questions