Sports Authority Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
128 interviews

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in January 2012.

No drug test, super easy, laid back interview. Just make sure you say you are willing to cross sell and sell service plans. There are a lot of opportunities for spiffs so make sure you are enthusiastic about that. Generally they tell you right away if you are hired or not. Make sure to ask a few questions to show that you are interested.

No negotiation

Visual/Merchandising Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Began by talking about my previous work history. The manager was very rude and told me my previous jobs weren't real jobs...? Not sure how but whatever. Asked simple questions such as what do i know about sports authority, why should they hire me over previous people they interviewed

Interview Questions
    • If someone who knew you very well was interviewing with us what would they say you need to work on   View Answer

Got offered a higher paying job

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

Honestly just sound somewhat competent and called back a few times to make yourself sound very interested. I can't give too much advice due to the fact that the sales manager that gave me my interview just bragged about how great he was at being a salesman. They didn't seem to have the highest standards when hiring. Just show up and seem pretty well put together and able to hold a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they offered $8 an hour and you could take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The Interview was very professional and pretty quick as well. They asked standard interview questions that weren't difficult to answer at all. The company is very detail oriented and they wanted the best sales person for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. The most difficult part of the interview was picking any item in the store and try to "sell" it to another person participating in the group interview. I picked a sports bra because I know which ones are best for running. The managers loved that I was different and made it funny when I was "selling" it to a male interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the item and features of it and sell it to your "customer" (the interviewee).   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hours but not pay. Pay was minimum wage with commission.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

asked about technical skills and approach towards a problem, organizational skill questions
    some stupid psycho questions, meant more like wasting time, irrelevant to the job
    felt like there was conflict b/w managers and the other person trying to build a team

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA (US)

It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

It was quick and painless. looking for friendly people, I was asked more about my own aspirations and How I could help change the culture of a store to be friendly and welcoming to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer
    I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!