Sprint Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

2.6

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

There were 2 different interviews, one with the store manager and final one with the district manager and another store manager. To finalize the hire they drug test. Training is 2 weeks long.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting on Sprint website and filling out an hour-long test and questionnaires, got a call from district GM to come for an interview. Came early, interview started on time - 2 people interviewed me, male and female, they said each "managed about 10 stores".

Cons:

I was asked if I would be OK to go outside the store and distribute flyers and "stand on the street sign shaking" - when the store is slow. SIGN SHAKING!!! I politely noted that usually companies are hiring separate people to do those things (keeping to myself that a degree or even high school education is not required to perform those duties, not even an ability to speak English) but they didn`t get the point and pressed that the retail sales people should be OK doing those things.

Bummer! I really thought sales people usually are inside air conditioned store selling things, not standing on the street in 100 degrees LA heat inhaling car fumes sign shaking! Little did I know...

I have lots of sales experience so naturally I asked what are the opportunities for promotion and moving between the stores for best performers, in case my store does not have a higher level position open. The lady enthusiastically explained that "Yes definitely, I can move you from on store to another. If you perform great and your sales are high, and there is a store in a slow location that is struggling with making their quotas - I will move you to that store!" Did she hear herself? That just didn`t make any sense. So if I sell great - I`ll be put to the worst location? No, thank you!

The base pay is 12-14/hr "depending on experience" and they made it clear that they start you at $12. The guy said "commissions is where people make the most money".

At the beginning, I gave them my resume and they both started reading it saying "Tell us something about yourself". I was waiting politely for them to finish reading (I guess they have never seen my resume before), and was told to start talking WHILE they read. I said "well, I thought I`ll give you a moment to read first" and was told "go on, we can read it and you can talk at the same time". At that point I wanted to leave. I mean, that`s disrespectful - to do or read anything while the applicant is talking, and especially disrespectful to show that they both did not even prepare for the interview by taking one minuted to scan through my resume.

The back office was filthy dirty and the arm chairs had huge numerous holes in them, they looked like they were taken from a homeless person. I had to sit on one of those

PROS: I didn`t see any. Being put in the slowest location because I am great in sales and stand on the street sign shaking is really not an appealing job. I wasn`t hiding my reaction during the interview LOL was such a waste of my time!

IP and Transport Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

3 people interviewed me over a bridge call..The Hiring process was simple and easy. More technical questions and less behavioural. More towards overview of technical stuff. Well behaved interviewers.
    Behavioural question like how do you think , you have good communication skils.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a conflict with your boss?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint (Worcester, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online after that I did an assessment test and the next day received a phone call for a phone interview for the coming day. They didn't call so I called back to figure out whats going on,and rescheduled the next day. they didn't called again so I after a while I called to remind them that interview. The phone call interview was more about getting to know you and my qualification. At the end of the conversation said will call Monday with a answer,which didn't happen so I called over and didn't pick up, I send a text with a request of follow up. letter they asked to come the next day for a face to face interview. Basic question got over the my resume and explain the job and it was suppose to do a training for 2 weeks in another city and explain the hourly wages and no commission for the part time position but you have to sale an amount of cellphone every month. At the end he said that will let me know at the end of the day which normal didn't happened. I got to call back them but didn't pick up the phone and when I check my status on sprint website it said candidate withdraw.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel yourself selling cellphones and sprint contract ?
      Tell me more about your customer care experience?

Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from the district manager to schedule On April 20th and I had the interview on the 21th. The interview for me was easy the interview with the district manager was like I was talking to one of my friends. He asked me to tell him about myself. He asked about my previous retail experience. He told me about his experience. He is opening up a new store close to my house and he told me that he needed people who is a team player and someone who get meet certain goals and I told him that I can meet his expectation and go beyond. My interview was at sprint New York headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation   1 Answer
    • How would you attend to an angry   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation yet

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

In all 3 people took the telephonic interview. Interview started with Technical question from the 2 people who were going to be my mentors during the internship. Then the 3rd person was asking some HR questions in between. In all the experience was OKAY. Interview went unto 45 minutes. Overall they will not grind you if you don't know something.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I was interviewed by one man and one woman.
    They confirmed I was qualified; however, nearly their entire staff was male, and her boss had been pushing her to hire more women.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions. (I.E. Why do you want to work at Sprint?)   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took 2 days only. I saw their ad on Craigslist at one of their openings at our local so I applied. I submitted my resume and at the same day I got a phone call from one of the hiring managers. It was basic qualification questions and then she scheduled me for a full video interview the very next day. I did the video interview and everything went perfect. The video interview took 40minute, it was supposed to be 15 to 20 minutes but the hiring manager was very interested in me that we talked about a lot of stuff. Lol. The video interview was just also basic questions mainly about certain scenerios that you might encouter working as a frontline sprint employee. So if you are preparing for an interview and very serious about it, take note of some examples on when you will use your skills to take action when you face with a customer. And YES I did got the job and I am starting as soon as Monday. The process will go smoothly depending on how much you prepare for your interview. You could also use your sales pitch skills and sell the hiring manager through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should Sprint hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

THE PAY IS VERY COMPETITIVE. YOU JUST NEED TO ASK YOURSELF IF YOU CAN REALLY BE A FRONTLINE OF A MOBILE COMPANY THAT HAS THE LOWEST RATING PERFORMANCE BASED ON CONSUMER REVIEWS.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

was interviewed three times. once, by store manager. second, by store manager and district manager. third, store manager and other district manager. process went very well and I believe I exceeded my expectations and that is why I am currently employed by Sprint through Grant Communications

Interview Questions

• How do you react under stress or alot of pressure   1 Answer

National Retail Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the Indirect Account Manager about 3 days after applying, she did a prequalifying call and spoke about a phone interview, then scheduled it for 2 days later. That interview went great, very easy. She asked about handling certain sales scenarios. At the end of that interview, she told me I would be moving forward in the hiring process. She scheduled an over the phone panel interview for 2 days later. I am an out of state candidate, and I offered to travel for a face to face panel interview, but I was ensured that it would not put me at a disadvantage, and I am "great over the phone". I put together a 30-60-90 day sales plan (I was not asked to do this) and presented it over the phone to the panel. There were 4 people in the panel and most consisted of National Retail Account Executives, or Indirect Account Executives. They each asked about 3 questions.

I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the week. I was contacted, but could not answer due to work. She did not leave a message. I called back twice, and my call was never returned. I looked online and it said "Not selected".

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor brought you in for a review, what areas would they say you need improvement?

Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?

Have you ever been in a situation where someone was acting in an unethical manner, and what did you do?

Answer Question