Staples

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.3

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Had a phone interview for about 20 Minutes. The woman interviewing me asked questions about previous sale jobs I had. Just be prepared to give specific examples. The person interviewing me said I would be great, and I should be hearing from the manager at the specific location I applied to by the end of the week and I never did. Really unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone, moved on to a 1 on 1 interview and after that I did a ride along. Position was filled before I moved on to final step.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

interview was not hard very standard questions, you will also have a ride along with a b2b in your area, and you will have to put on a presentation of why they should hire you

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Overall, it was a very easy interview. I was called four days after I applied and got an interview scheduled at the store with who I assume is the manager. I'm not 100% sure about his title because after the interview, he went to talk to someone of what seemed to be similar authority. The interview itself took around ten minutes. At the end I was asked if I had any questions of my own. After that settled, my interviewer left to talk to someone else, and when he came back, I was told that I had to go through a background check, and if that came back clean, I would get a call and we could do paperwork and talk about pay. The check was supposed to take around two to three days, but on the fourth day, I decided to call the store because I hadn't heard back. I was told that the check was pulled up that morning and he was getting ready to call me anyways. He told me that I could come the next day to fill out paperwork.

Overall, the interview was really easy. I was asked basic questions about my prior experience, and the volunteer work I had done. I was told that there would be some selling where I would try to get people to purchase color prints instead of black & white. In the end, there were no questions out of the ordinary, they all seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was told what I would make based on prior experience. I ended up with a fairly low pay since this was my first job and I had minimal experience in the field.

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Staples.

Lots of technical questions about PC and Mobile devices. How would you describe your IT experience? Are you IT major? Why you prefer easy tech? Why staples? If your hired what knowledge can you bring?

No negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Planning is well developed, only took 2 days for the process, the salary pay can be challenging it all depends on your experience. They are aggressive on asking question about previous employers.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Process is sort of long, but great practice. Gave plenty of time to continue to learn about the company. The recruiter was very understanding and thorough with her questions. Was told I would hear within 3 days, and I heard the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work in an environment where competition is encouraged or work on your own?   Answer Question

Team Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Manager was unsure and not confident in who he was hiring. He wasnt too sure of anything really. He basically expected me to come in and beg for the position at the lease amount of pay expected.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would make it to work even if I was sick because I was not allowed to miss a day, not even one.   Answer Question
    No pay increase even though it was a change in position. From Copy Center Supervisor (Supervising 4 people) to Team Supervisor (Supervising 20 people).

Sales and Service Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples.

My district manager liked my sales numbers and offered me the job. That's it. I had prior experience and education. I was already working part time with the company and had proven myself to my superiors. Everyone knew I was ready for the job.

I told them what I needed to make and they obliged.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples.

I went through a phone interview first, which lasted 20 to 30 minutes. After the phone interview I was invited to stop by the corporate office and interview with human resources. Once Human Resorces was satisfied I was the scheduled to interview with management. My manager was the one who offered me my position. The process took 2 weeks.

There is very little negotiation when I was hired.Staples offered me a base and then explained that if I sold more I could reach my financial goal.