Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
1,579 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was mainly a reflection on past customer services experience. They would try to find out whether you were capable of serving customers in an excellent manner, which I was able to prove.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult position   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Mainly questions asking about past experiences which relate to the field. Also a few competency questions, such as 'a time when you've worked in a team'. Would not worry too much about this phase, just be friendly and let your personality shine through. The main factor that they look for is how good your social skills are.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

A 30 minute interview asking you questions about why you like starbucks and what would you do in a type of situation that has this or that problem. They care about customer service a lot so you need to say you love talking to customers and making them smile. The customer always comes first.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working at your own pace?   2 Answers

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Interview

Was a sign in the shop asking for staff and to ask someone. They said print off the application and bring it in with a CV. I did this. A few days later got a call (on a Sunday) offering to coming in for an interview the next day.
    They gave me a list of questions to rate myself on (eg. how caring would you say you are...) and then afterwards discussed these. Wasn't anything I had prepared for (Why Starbucks, why this job?, tell me a time worked in a team... etc) so it really threw me, and it was only my 3rd ever interview
    also I was REALLY nervous as I really really really wanted this job :(

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions on the sheet were hard as I didn't really understand some of the words in the sentences they used it eg. optimise.
      Also the interviewer had a really strong accent which I found hard to understand which didn't help

1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Nottingham, England) in April 2014.

Interview

the first interview was a 1 to 1 and there were a few customer service based questions, there was a 2nd interview too which was a work based interview, i worked for 2 hours watching the other staff, cleaning tables and cleaning pots. and offering free samples to passers by.

Interview Questions

• there were a few tough questions, I cant quite remember what they were though but they were along the lines of if a colleague isnt working to the best he can what would you do   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Just 2 interviews. The first as a presentation and the second was an interview about me, my career, my previous jobs, my skills. It wasn't very easy to be honest. There also was a trial shift

Interview Questions

• You need at least to speak english to comunicate. it isn't easy   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Manchester, England) in November 2013.

Interview

It was for working as a Barista during Christmas period.

Interview Questions

• A sheet of paper with several sentences where you have to respond if you felt identified with them and justify why.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Was very straight forward, well for me at least. No mind boggling questions.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Birmingham, England) in August 2013.

Interview

The first step was to go online and print off and fill in an application form from the Starbucks website and then going instore and handing it in. After 3 days I got a phone call from the manager inviting me to come for an interview. Before my interview I was given a sheet to fill in with a number of statements such as "Are you a caring person?" and "Are you a quick learner?" For each statement I had to tick whether the statement was just like me, a bit like me, or not like me at all. The two managers then sat with me in the shop and one of them went through my answers, asking for examples; the other was writing down my responses. Later that day I got a call inviting me for the final step of the selection process which I was told was two hours of sample training.

Barista/Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Aberdeen, Scotland).

Interview

Short interview lasting about 1 hour....then 1 hour on the job interview that followed....then you wait