State Farm

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details I had one interview with HR and covered some of my history. It was all pretty standard. Follow up was an interview onsite. They were also all standard interview questions, mostly behavioral. They didn't not ask any weird trivia questions and there were no skills tests. Whole process took less than 2 months.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details Relaxed interviewing style. Mainly behavioral or resume based questions. They mostly just want to know if you can work in a team environment but also work independently. A lot of positions require basic to advanced knowledge of programming languages.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

Interview Details Simple interview with two - three people at the facility. Questions about my projects, previous work experience, why I chose to work here, and also when I would be ready to start if I were offered. The most important thing I would say is be ready to support what you've worked on and how you were able to solve the problems that you did

Interview Question – What was the most difficult thing you've had to make in recent years?   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details An agent visited my university seeking interns. Interviews were held on campus. Very informal in my case.

Interview Question – If money didnt exist what would I value most   Answer Question

Interview Details Email, HR round, Technical round

Interview Question – Technical questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just accepted offer.

Intern

I applied through another source and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details Received an interview by cold emailing. Process was very laid back. I simply visited the office and spoke to a few employees for about an hour. Mostly behaviorial questions and asked about my resume.

Interview Question – How would you respond in a situation in which a client was visibly and audibly upset?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details Met the recruiter at the career fair. Applied online and got an e-mail invitation for an on-site interview.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about previous projects   Answer Question

Lincoln, NE (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details I was called after applying through my University's career services. Had an initial interview that had 2 personality type tests taken on the computer on location followed by a meeting with an HR representative. Very basic interview, mostly about past work history and behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). The second interview was with three people, more of the same questions but it was more focused on customer service and communication.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview Details Applied for the position and received email that I had a phone interview. I did one phone interview with 3 people on the other end. The questions started with a run down of my resume and what classes I had taken. Then they asked simple behavioral questions to see how I would be working in a team.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was a simple economics question. I was asked what does elasticity mean.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had no reason to negotiation and was more than happy with the hourly wage.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details I had to go through a few rounds of testing, but it was mostly basic stuff and nothing to worry about. I had a phone interview with HR and then I was called into the office for a second round. 5 people interviewed me at once in the office and asked me behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary- no technical questions. They asked about leadership and communication skills.   Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!