State Farm

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.7

Investment Intern Interview

Partook in 2 separate rounds of interviews. The first round was an on campus interview prior to submitting resume to HR through online application process. The second round took place at the State Farm Headquarters. It was a series of two on one interviews with members of the department averaging about a half hour each.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to stay current on financial news and tell us something that is currently going on and how you think it will affect the market's future.   Answer Question

I decided to pursue other opportunities because the company culture didn't feel right for me.

Quote & Bind Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Skill test
    Phone interview
    Offered position in the phone.
    Asked typical behavioral interviews and will ask you how you would sell a product when price is an issue. I did not think I did well on this part but was still offered the position.

No negation.

Claims Associate ILR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I applied online and about two weeks later received and invitation to complete the online assessment which included data entry and a typing test. Once that was completed and passed I was selected to complete an interview over the phone with a HR recruiter who was really nice and made me feel very comfortable in the process. She was very personable and polite, not to mention professional and asked basic questions such as why I was seeking this position and why I wanted to work for SF. After that I was asked a series of behavioral questions( its good to prepare for all kinds of these questions and situations that may apply to you) (I.E. tell me about a time you could not satisfy a customer and how did you handle it. Be specific and say exactly what you would say in that type of situation.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if two coworkers were in a disagreement, what would you do, how would you handle it. Even if you don't have an example, they want to know what you WOULD do in that situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The benefits are great as well as the pay

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

Initially I was contacted via e-mail for an interview with State Farm. A recruiter called me promptly at the time that we had scheduled. She asked simple questions about my resume and for me to tell her about myself and my career journey. She was mild -- but very professional. I never had a face to face interview. The overall process took about 2 months. To include the drug test and the background check. You are giving your scheduled 4 week training time via e-mail as well as your work schedule. The pay is non-negotiable. And so is your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • A time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the end result.   Answer Question
    The is no negotiation phase.

Licensed Insurance Representative Interview

Hired by agent immediately. No one but Spanish people usually take these jobs. They asked if you liked sales and gave you a laptop to do training before you were hired so they font have to pay you

None

State Farm Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

First you will is a skills test . Its very analytical and a typing test. If u pass both, then u do phone interview very general questions geared to your knowledge about the job and your knowledge about the role you are applying for.
    2nd phase in person interview. Their will be 3-6 people in the room asking you behavioral questions ..."tell me about a time when.."
    If you pass the in person, you will be offered a job.
    First job offer is via phone, followed up by a mailed letter of job specifics and pay.
    You must pass education background check (no lying about degrees etc, they go through federal government national education database of degrees), drug test, and credit check (if u have bad credit you are a risk to the company as the potential to steal and fraud is hirer apparently)...
    Company is great, but u will work hard, very hard. Lots of room for growth and for continuing education, but you have to be ready to put in real real work to move up. However u can make alot of money.

Interview Questions
    • Are you mobile? (State farm is going through a lot of changes so mobility is key...u have to be ready to pick up and go at a moments notice) !!!   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Process took about 4 weeks. I applied online and then got an email to do the personality test. super easy it is just to make sure you can follow directions. Received a call from HR to set up in person interview. Went in for the interview and they told me about the position and then a bunch of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just a bunch of behavioral questions. They had a list of questions and were writing down what you said. Most difficult was probably how I reacted when plans or priorities changed at a previous job and how I reacted and what the result was.   Answer Question

State Farm Agent Staff Interview

I interviewed for an intern position and it was pretty easy because I found common interest with the Agent. As long as you demonstrate passion for the industry it's easy going.

Office Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm.

Very friendly atmosphere. I was asked a lot about myself as person in order to see if I was a good fit for the company/location. Overall, they make you feel like an individual and you are able to highlight your strengths.

Interview Questions
    Don't settle for the first offer.

Life Underwriter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at State Farm.

State Farm generally does not hire externally for this position. It has happened but it is very rare. State Farm has a strict start at the bottom and work your way up policy, so most people have been with the company 5 to 10 years before being selected for an underwriter position.

That being said, an internal applicant should know that your performance reviews are available for a minimum of 3 years for any department manager to read. They are looking for the top performers in their departments and someone who generally has a degree. There are several older underwriters who don't have a degree but all the new waves have had at least a Bachelor's.

For internal candidates, you generally have two interviews. The first is with the Underwriting first line managers who have a team of about 8 to 10 direct reports. The second is with the Superintendent and generally the Operations Manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are fairly standard. State Farm lives, breathes and sleeps the STAR interviewing style. If you look-up standard interview questions, then you will be well versed for the interview. Seriously. Just make sure to stay on track because nobody will deviate from the script.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations. SF has a very specific pay structure and they don't have wiggle room.