State Farm

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.7

Investment Intern Interview

Partook in 2 separate rounds of interviews. The first round was an on campus interview prior to submitting resume to HR through online application process. The second round took place at the State Farm Headquarters. It was a series of two on one interviews with members of the department averaging about a half hour each.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to stay current on financial news and tell us something that is currently going on and how you think it will affect the market's future.   Answer Question

I decided to pursue other opportunities because the company culture didn't feel right for me.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Submitted application and probably two weeks for an email to take 2 assessments. Afterwards maybe a month or two later, they call you to do a over the phone interview and most likely offer employment.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, the interview was very brief. If you have previous call center experience the questions are very relatable.   Answer Question
    There was negotiation involved. They offer base salary.

Reviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

The whole process was really slow and long. I applied in July. I had a phone interview in late July. Interview with management in August. I didn't find out that I didn't get job until the end of October.

Bank Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Got a call 2 days before to come in for an interview. Had an interview with 2 hiring managers and then had a peer interview with 2 potential co-workers right after. Each interview was about 45 min. The second interview was more like a conversation. They told me more about the position and each asked one question.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, general behavior questions such as what qualities are you looking for in a supervisor, what accomplishment are you most proud of, and how did you handle an unethical situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at State Farm.

Easy going interview with two interviewees. Questions were mostly behavioral. Not very hard ones, but easy ones to understand you. They were very engaging to talk to, so the whole process felt great. Follow up is important.

IT/Systems Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Met them at a campus job fair and scheduled an interview for the next morning. Was interviewed by 2 systems employees, with many technical questions with a few behaviorals thrown in. All-in-all, it was great, I was never even in the same room as an HR person. The turnaround was very quick, which is why I accepted, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Interview Questions
    • They listed off around 20 different technologies and I was to quantify my familiarity with them. I knew about like 2 of them.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Had to take two online assessments, math and verbal, sales and leadership. Lots of repetitive questions. I got invited to the agents building and got interviewed by his staff. Now, he invited me back for a second interview.

Database Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

The rcruitment process start at a college job fair. I proceeded to have a HR interview in which simple questions were asked about general workplace flow. The second interview involved harder technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What security measures are taking into account for managing a database involving many of our clients personal information.   Answer Question

Accepted for another position.

Actuary Interview

I was invited to interview with state farm through my college career center. I interviewed with two people. The process was really dry; they just asked listed questions and wrote down what I said. There was no serious interaction between interviewers and interviewee. They gave me statefarm gym sack and office supply for a gift

Interview Questions
    • What do you like the most at your last job/internship?   Answer Question

SystemsAt the RDC Interview

There was an in person interview at the RDC. It was purely behavioral with no technical questions. The interview was with recruiters from the career fair whom I recognized--very nice people. I received an email the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you faced a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate