State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.7

Investment Intern Interview

Partook in 2 separate rounds of interviews. The first round was an on campus interview prior to submitting resume to HR through online application process. The second round took place at the State Farm Headquarters. It was a series of two on one interviews with members of the department averaging about a half hour each.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to stay current on financial news and tell us something that is currently going on and how you think it will affect the market's future.   Answer Question

I decided to pursue other opportunities because the company culture didn't feel right for me.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

5.29.14: Applied for position. I took the pre-employment tests April 2014.

6.11.14: Interviewed via phone with recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes.
    Asked, 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Why State Farm? 3) Situation where you needed to obtain info. 4) Disgruntled customer. 5) Quality of report compromised. 6) Handling a lot of data. 7) Demanding customer.
    Questions asked starting with, "Tell me about a time...". Responded using STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.Brief description of job was given. Days and work hours were given. Two opportunities to get licensed. Told it would be 2-3 weeks before a response was received due to reviewing internal applicants.
    (E-mail and call received 6.6.14)

6.30.14: Interviewed with a panel of 3. They were all very personable. Lasted 35 minutes. They explained that the interview was structured and they would be taking notes, so there may be little eye contact. I asked if I could also take notes.
    Asked 1) Tell us about yourself. 2) Time given critical feedback, what did you do, outcome? 3) Major change, how did you prepare? 4) Difficult idea, how did you communicate, approach taken, how did you check for understanding? 5) Steps to solve problem, best way, why, why not? 6) Excellent customer service given.
    Responded using STAR format.
    Key words/phrases they used when explaining job:
    Licensing, Litigation Claims, Providers against State Farm, Case Law, Deposed.
    They asked if I had any final words. No mention was made of when I would be contacted.
    (E-mail and call received 6.24.14)

7.8.14: Received 2 E-mails stating selected for Claim Representative position in Claim Central at State Farm! Offer subject to acceptable background check and drug screen.
    Drug screen instructions also received from HireRight.

7.9.14: Received a call from the recruiter explaining and offering the job. She stated that the call should have been before the e-mail.

7.17.14: Received call from recruiter that background check and drug screen were acceptable and would receive E-mail to complete I-9.

7.18.14: I-9 e-mail received.

8.11.14: Start date!

Word of Advice: Tailor your 'tell me about yourself' to the duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills needed that are listed on the job description.

Good luck~

Interview Questions
    • The 'quality of report compromised' question from the recruiter was awkward. I triple check things and keep copies to avoid issues with my work/assignments. I made this clear in my answer.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Licensed Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Port Richey, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in October 2010.

As long as you are good at selling insurance, especially life insurance you most likely will be hired. Proven track records always work wonders. Be sure to be able to prove your sales. That is most important. Smile a lot and answer every question asked. Be prepaired.

Systems Analyst-Web Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

Typical process. Phone interview with hr recruiter. A month later got an invite for an on site which changed to being at corporate south. Had to wait five weeks for a rejection and it took many calls just to get that out of them. Overall the process took over four months.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in December 2013.

Submitted Resume through website, interviewed the next day and received the job then. Asked me my availability and if I could do certain tasks (answer a phone, customer service, etc)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stone Mountain, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in September 2014.

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. The store was a small store with 6 desk with only 3 people working. I had the interview with the manager. He asked basic interview questions.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

If you sell yourself well as a fighter for sales, you will get the job. If you are not cut out for sales you will fail out in no time.

Interview Questions
    • How did you survive in this business if so many fail out?   View Answer

Mutual Funds Customer Service Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

You can easily get hired through Kelley Services for this position. I was asked to come in for a tour of the facility. Once I saw where I would be working I had a good feeling about coming on board. Ince going through the training and realizing that the opportunities to advance would be handicapped by them asking me to commit to a year long contract to stay within the Mutual Funds department my opinion instantly changed about the company.

I declined because of pay and long term outlook.

SystemsAt RDC Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

I was interviewed by two systems mangers at the State Farm RDC center. They were really nice and all the questions were behavioral. The questions are similar to each other and it's easy to be repetitive. But they do ask for my school transcript.
    I think i did good homework before the interview, learned about the place online and was being able to show my passionate

Insurance Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

There were a couple of evaluations I took on line, and I submitted my resume. I had a phone interview that consisted of just basic biographical information, a face to face interview that consisted of very few questions. It was more of a general discussion concerning the job description. This was followed by a lunch meeting with an area sales supervisor, and at the end, I actually had to ask for the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, there were very few questions about my qualifications.   Answer Question
    Get ALL of the facts about training and compensation before you accept.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!