State Street

Updated 11 Nov 2014

2.6

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions
  • Have you made mistakes at work?
    Dealing with a difficult colleague?
    What I knew about Statestreet?
    How will you complete a project before the deadline?
    Fund?
    Bond?
    Equity?
    NAV?
    Derivative?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Fund Accountant Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

N/A

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in March 2014.

Phone interview was a basic overview then was notified two weeks later via email to set up onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice and call me regarding other opportunities at the company that might fit my interests.

Fund Accountant Interview

2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street in July 2013.

Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

The hiring process went pretty smoothly for me. I applied online for a few jobs and received a phone call a few weeks later setting up a phone interview the following week. I took the interview, mostly rating yourself on MS applications and things, and took a panel interview a week later. The panel interview was long (4 hours), but not too bad. I think they have since changed the process to be a phone interview and a two-on-one interveiw shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • They had asked me to define a NAV (Net Asset Value) and variance and a few financial questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation was involved.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State Street.

Phone call form Talent Aquisition 4 months after online application. Next day is an easy math/English test. Third day you have results and invitation to an interview with managers and TA. Standard HR questions (what's your biggest achievement etc.) and some financial knowledge questions.
    Everything seemed to be a bit chaotic.
    Recruiters behaved proffesional.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Applied online on their website. Had one 30 minute interview with HR. At the end of the phone interview was asked immediately if I wanted to go to an open house they were having. The open house consisted of a 30 minute brief overview of the company, then two 2 on 1 interviews (2 hiring managers and me). Technical questions they asked were given beforehand in email to study (What is mutual fund, NAV, difference between stock and bond). Mainly behavioral questions, focus on studying these, if you look through the other reviews, most of the questions are on glassdoor. In the end was asked to rate myself 1 to 5 on leadership, excel, and other things.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem?
      Name a situation where you failed.
      Tell me a time you had to present data that people relied on?
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it?
      Describe a time when you had to work with someone who created an uncomfortable work environment?
        Answer Question

Low pay, no negotiation.

Fund Accountant Interview

The process consisted of a brief interview over the phone with the HR. Then they will schedule you to come in to have interview in person. Be prepared to answer a lot of behavior questions and be as thorough as possible. Many questions regarding how you perform within a group.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure that you study your materials and be prepared to answer behavior questions.   Answer Question