State Street Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated 16 Mar 2015
Updated 16 Mar 2015

2.5

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

got a call from the firm and made an appointment for this interview. then was interviewed by two university relation recruiters in their Dublin office after one week: common competency questions, relaxing, slow-paced but the process was not flexible (they only asked questions listed in their evaluation form), lasted around 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• why this role, what you know about state street, problem-solving, attention to details   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in September 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions.
    Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague, asked about statestreet, he also asked about Fund, NAV, Derivative, Bond and Equity.
    Interviewee said I would hear back either way within three weeks as he needs to confirm from the hiring manager if there's a vacancy.

Interview Questions

• Have you made mistakes at work?
      Dealing with a difficult colleague?
      What I knew about Statestreet?
      How will you complete a project before the deadline?
      Fund?
      Bond?
      Equity?
      NAV?
      Derivative?

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I got one phone call explained about role and hiring process. Then in second call they interviewed for 30 minutes. And asked some technical questions like fund, equity, NAV. Also about company.
    Then behaviour questions. They supposed to give me feedback after two weeks but they contacted me aftr 2 month.
    Now I had an interview on 18th December in their office dublin 2.
    All the questions they asked about situatoons and behaviour type. Also asked about company. I felt interview was fine they said ll inform me before christmas. But i am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Situation where I improved process.
      How to work in team.
      Do I want to be leader or follower.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

Negotiation

N/A

, Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Street (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2014.

Interview

A very short phone interview called by the HR and asked for your reasons for applying the role.
    An interview with 1 Senior Assoicate and 1 Assistant Vice President just a week after the phone interview. General CV based questions were asked and nothing really special. Definitely not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction
      What do you know about State Street?
      What do you know about this role?
      Show me your financial knowledge. (E.g. Talk about what is equity, fixed income, etc.)
      Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was a basic overview then was notified two weeks later via email to set up onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice and call me regarding other opportunities at the company that might fit my interests.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

2 step hiring process with hr and management overall takes 2 weeks and a possible exam

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Called back several weeks after applying online. Did a 30 minute phone interview with some basic questions about me and my back ground. Got called in for a live interview. came to the building and they took me in and double teamed me. Then when it was all over and we all felt great, I got my parking validated. WINNING.

Interview Questions

• Would you care for a bottle of water?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or GTFO

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process went pretty smoothly for me. I applied online for a few jobs and received a phone call a few weeks later setting up a phone interview the following week. I took the interview, mostly rating yourself on MS applications and things, and took a panel interview a week later. The panel interview was long (4 hours), but not too bad. I think they have since changed the process to be a phone interview and a two-on-one interveiw shortly after.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me to define a NAV (Net Asset Value) and variance and a few financial questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved.