State Street

Getting the Interview

315 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details 30 minute interview:
Why State Street, what interests you about State Street
What area of State Street would I want to work in
Educational back ground - discus university modules, which is my favourite module, why is it my favourite module
Work experience - Asked about gaps between work experiences, what was I doing during that time.
What qualities do I have eg. Leadership, Humorous, Hard working

Interview Question – Behavioral Question - Talk about a time where you had trouble from a member of a group   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in December 2013.

Interview Details Two round interview. The first is on phone and second is on site. They gave a information session before the interview, which I think is important for applicants. They will tell you the result very soon. The HR is very nice and friendly, but I don't like the questions they asked.

Interview Question – Tell me something about experience 1, experience 2, experience 3.   Answer Question

State Street Summer Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at State Street in April 2013.

Interview Details Submitted a CV online, contacted by the HR based outside London by phone, then contacted by a London based HR specialised in an area of my choosing. I didn't get the face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

1st phone interview with the generalist HR: State Street contacts you out of blue for the first quick 10 mins chat about why you want to work at State Street and what you want to do there. It doesn't matter if you are outside in a pub having a drink, you still need to be able to answer these questions.

2nd phone interview with the specialist HR: You will be informed of the date and the time of the interview well in advance. 20 - 30 mins chat about your CV, what you want to do, where you see yourself in 5 years, describe an example when you had to work in a team or persuade others, what are your strengths.

If the phone interview is successful AND there is a suitable position for you at the firm, you will be asked to attend the face-to-face interview. I didn't get that.

The whole process is pleasant. The 2 HR I spoke with were nice and professional. One thing I would say is State Street like many other firms do not contact those who are unsuccessful. So if you don't hear from them 2 weeks after the telephone interview(s), you are rejected. There is absolutely no point in waiting any longer. I would assume that I am unsuccessful if I am not contacted by them 2 weeks after a telephone interview.

The summer intern application deadline was 1st Jan. 2013 (I think). I was contacted by the general HR by the end of Feb and then by the specialist HR in April. During the process, you will be kept in the dark for some time. Do you put all your eggs in one basket. Just apply to other financial institutions as you wait for their response.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in July 2012.

Interview Details Telephone interview and a face to face interview with 2 juniors

Interview Question – They asked various question about excel   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Officer
London, England

The process took 3+ months - interviewed at State Street in June 2011.

Interview Details Placed CV on line and it was fished by State Street. contacted by HR by phone then called in for a competency based interview. The two people interviewing were very relaxed, but professional.They made it easy to talk and didn't mind when I wanted clarification. I was then offered the job, but they took ages to do checks and references! I'm glad I wasn't desperate for an immediate salary.

Interview Question – Give me an example of an error made by you and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Procrastinated

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

Interview Details Initial communication and impressions were very good. I was very impressed by those who interviewed me.Which is just aswell as I work closely with both.

Interview Question – Describe an error you made.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As this was done through an agency it was a little slow but still it was a painless experience.

Associate I Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Applied online, phone interview to help screen candidates, was invited for a 2 on 1 interview at State Street, all behavioral questions no technical questions, interview lasted for about an hour, heard back 3 weeks before with the offer and had only a day and a half to decide

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details The interview consists of questions regarding past experience and many behavioral questions. The whole process from beginning to end took less than a week. I was hired the very same day. The tour of the building is nice especially seeing the office floor which gives you a quick and dirty insight on how the atmosphere of the company.

Interview Question – What situation have you encountered that required using a different approach to solving problem than the approaches previously used?   Answer Question

Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details I came on through a temp service

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details Easy interview, interviewed for about 30 minutes with two employees.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street interview questions and advice. All 315 interview reviews are posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.