State Street

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Interview Details HR Screening call, interview with two managers (1 hour), plus half an hour with HR talent acquisition.
Was told that I would be advised of their decision by the end of the following week, I followed up at the end of that week and was ignored.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

Interview Details This was easy with my old bosses but the process has changed. I got called in and they went through my CV and as I was recommended they really just wanted to see if I would fit in with the team. They did a background check after I they offered me the role. This took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy they gave me what I wanted.

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at State Street in February 2014.

Interview Details I was first contacted by State Street in February for a official 1st round telephone interview in March for their 2 month internship program. They phoned me 2 weeks later telling me it was postponed and that I will hear from them again soon. Another 1 month (April) later I had to follow up and they informed me that my application was forwarded to the 6 month internship program starting in June. I was initially very happy but then by the month of May, they didn't get back to me. I always had to follow up with them. Really very unprofessional recruitment process and very misleading. Phone interview never materialised

Interview Question – Initial phone interview was pleasant and they asked simple questions about State Street and why you want to work for State Street and in which department   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details 30 minute interview:
Why State Street, what interests you about State Street
What area of State Street would I want to work in
Educational back ground - discus university modules, which is my favourite module, why is it my favourite module
Work experience - Asked about gaps between work experiences, what was I doing during that time.
What qualities do I have eg. Leadership, Humorous, Hard working

Interview Question – Behavioral Question - Talk about a time where you had trouble from a member of a group   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in December 2013.

Interview Details Two round interview. The first is on phone and second is on site. They gave a information session before the interview, which I think is important for applicants. They will tell you the result very soon. The HR is very nice and friendly, but I don't like the questions they asked.

Interview Question – Tell me something about experience 1, experience 2, experience 3.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details 2 interviews, first interview with 2 individuals, then second with one individual.

Interview Question – Questions aren't that difficult here, they are your standard interview set.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate, salary was capped which is quite annoying as I took a pay cut.

State Street Summer Intern Interview

State Street Summer Intern
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at State Street in April 2013.

Interview Details Submitted a CV online, contacted by the HR based outside London by phone, then contacted by a London based HR specialised in an area of my choosing. I didn't get the face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

1st phone interview with the generalist HR: State Street contacts you out of blue for the first quick 10 mins chat about why you want to work at State Street and what you want to do there. It doesn't matter if you are outside in a pub having a drink, you still need to be able to answer these questions.

2nd phone interview with the specialist HR: You will be informed of the date and the time of the interview well in advance. 20 - 30 mins chat about your CV, what you want to do, where you see yourself in 5 years, describe an example when you had to work in a team or persuade others, what are your strengths.

If the phone interview is successful AND there is a suitable position for you at the firm, you will be asked to attend the face-to-face interview. I didn't get that.

The whole process is pleasant. The 2 HR I spoke with were nice and professional. One thing I would say is State Street like many other firms do not contact those who are unsuccessful. So if you don't hear from them 2 weeks after the telephone interview(s), you are rejected. There is absolutely no point in waiting any longer. I would assume that I am unsuccessful if I am not contacted by them 2 weeks after a telephone interview.

The summer intern application deadline was 1st Jan. 2013 (I think). I was contacted by the general HR by the end of Feb and then by the specialist HR in April. During the process, you will be kept in the dark for some time. Do you put all your eggs in one basket. Just apply to other financial institutions as you wait for their response.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Portfolio Analyst
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at State Street in July 2012.

Interview Details Telephone interview and a face to face interview with 2 juniors

Interview Question – They asked various question about excel   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Officer
London, England

The process took 3+ months - interviewed at State Street in June 2011.

Interview Details Placed CV on line and it was fished by State Street. contacted by HR by phone then called in for a competency based interview. The two people interviewing were very relaxed, but professional.They made it easy to talk and didn't mind when I wanted clarification. I was then offered the job, but they took ages to do checks and references! I'm glad I wasn't desperate for an immediate salary.

Interview Question – Give me an example of an error made by you and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Procrastinated

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

Interview Details Initial communication and impressions were very good. I was very impressed by those who interviewed me.Which is just aswell as I work closely with both.

Interview Question – Describe an error you made.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As this was done through an agency it was a little slow but still it was a painless experience.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!