State Street Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.6

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Wrote a cover letter and sent in my CV, then got sent online maths tests. A few weeks later I had an offered for interview. It was a really good interview and the interviewer was able to create conversation rather than just sticking to specific questions. They said I would hear back within a week, but i didn't hear back for about 3 weeks, but that is probably because I didn't get the job.

Fund Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a first experience with State street a few weeks ago. The experience was very good and they were very friendly. I am still waiting for the last decision. The questions were very simple and if you are prepared you will not have any problem. The questions were about my academic background and working experience. With regards to financial questions they just asked me to give some definitions for financial products. On the other hand, you need to be prepared for the situational questions.

Interview Questions

• As it has been mentioned, the technical questions were not so demanding and if you have basic knowledge, everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

HR Screening call, interview with two managers (1 hour), plus half an hour with HR talent acquisition.
    Was told that I would be advised of their decision by the end of the following week, I followed up at the end of that week and was ignored.

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

Interview

30 minute interview:
    Why State Street, what interests you about State Street
    What area of State Street would I want to work in
    Educational back ground - discus university modules, which is my favourite module, why is it my favourite module
    Work experience - Asked about gaps between work experiences, what was I doing during that time.
    What qualities do I have eg. Leadership, Humorous, Hard working

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Question - Talk about a time where you had trouble from a member of a group   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by State Street in February for a official 1st round telephone interview in March for their 2 month internship program. They phoned me 2 weeks later telling me it was postponed and that I will hear from them again soon. Another 1 month (April) later I had to follow up and they informed me that my application was forwarded to the 6 month internship program starting in June. I was initially very happy but then by the month of May, they didn't get back to me. I always had to follow up with them. Really very unprofessional recruitment process and very misleading. Phone interview never materialised

Interview Questions

• Initial phone interview was pleasant and they asked simple questions about State Street and why you want to work for State Street and in which department   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Street.

Interview

2 interviews, first interview with 2 individuals, then second with one individual.

Interview Questions

• Questions aren't that difficult here, they are your standard interview set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, salary was capped which is quite annoying as I took a pay cut.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street in December 2013.

Interview

Two round interview. The first is on phone and second is on site. They gave a information session before the interview, which I think is important for applicants. They will tell you the result very soon. The HR is very nice and friendly, but I don't like the questions they asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about experience 1, experience 2, experience 3.   Answer Question

Marketing Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street in January 2013.

Interview

It was a pleasant experience overall. I had three very different rounds of interviews with different stakeholders who I had to convince of my motivation, skills and ideas. I would say the level of difficulty was medium to difficult and it required some thorough preparation. Based on my experience I can say that they really check your abilities before hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too surprising, just showing that you know know the industry you are applying for   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Street (London, England) in July 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview and a face to face interview with 2 juniors

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Street (London, England) in June 2011.

Interview

Placed CV on line and it was fished by State Street. contacted by HR by phone then called in for a competency based interview. The two people interviewing were very relaxed, but professional.They made it easy to talk and didn't mind when I wanted clarification. I was then offered the job, but they took ages to do checks and references! I'm glad I wasn't desperate for an immediate salary.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an error made by you and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Procrastinated