Steven Madden

Updated 7 Nov 2014
Updated 7 Nov 2014

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden.

If the store has not opened yet it will take place over the phone. Interviewer is very friendly and is looking for enthusiasm in your interview. Don't answer questions like "why did you choose Steve Madden?" With an answer like "because it's opening", you won't get the job. Be enthusiastic and know the product.

Interview Questions
    Hours are negotiable, however pay is not.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Steven Madden in November 2014.

The interview was very chill and laid back they are opening a new store in Virginia. The application was quick and easy hopefully this will be a great job

Great

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in November 2014.

Applied online, got called the next day to go in for a group interview. It was just me and this other girl! I got called within 15 minutes of the interview that I was hired!

No negotiation

Na Interview

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Planning Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Steven Madden.

Initial contact via in-house recruiter. Came in to interview with recruiter and hiring manager (VP). Came in a second time to meet with another VP and hiring manager again. Process was professional and pleasant

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Steven Madden.

Met with the head designer. She was very nice. Thought I had it in the bag but they ended up choosing someone else. It was a good interview experience.

Informational Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Steven Madden.

I was contacted through a connection for an informative interview. She told me at the end of the interview that there were no positions open (this should have been mentioned over email before flying in for the interview). The interview was not personal, she used a scripted question and answer sheet.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Applied on-line (process was pretty confusing); Received phone call next day; Quick, rather relaxed interview - felt very comfortable; offered job following week. I had shopped with interviewer and was recruited during a very pleasant shopping experience.