Stop & Shop

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

they called me up for an interview, and then i went and was hired on the spot. I think part of it was because they desperately needed someone. I was offered a position to do returns

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop in November 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call from customer service manager within 15 minutes. Interviewed with hiring manager later that day lasted maybe 10 minutes he asked me very basic customer service questions- "Can you give me an example of how you would go above and beyond to help someone out?" We then went over what times I would be available to work. He said they had more interviews to conduct that day and they would call me tomorrow. The next day I received a call for a 2nd interview, at this one I basically gave them permission to preform a background check on me...again no offer just said they had more 2nd interviews to conduct. The next day they called and offered me the position, came in that same day to fill out paperwork and started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • None really considering I previously worked at a grocery store so I had plenty of customer service experience.   View Answer
    they were willing to match my ending pay from the previous store I worked at.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Completed application online. Called three days later for interview. Interview was quick and simple. Asked about past job experience and the times i would be available to work. Hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

only had to do 1 interview and waited at least 10 days before getting hired. The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

apply online. got a call back. went in for interview. asked me my availability. If i had any other work experience. I got a call back the next day started two days later.

Front End Cashier Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2014.

Verry nice & simple . The process to a week in total. Just dress classy and have smile on your face and be polite . Nothing difficult or to be nervous about.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

I submitted my application online and received a call a week later to come in to meet the hiring manager. The "interview" was more like an informal chat, which was expected given the position I was applying for.

Keep in mind I was in high school and looking for a part-time summer job just to stay busy. Apply early in the summer for the best chance since the number of applications skyrockets once schools get out.

Interview Questions
    • The typical what's your background, where have you worked before, what's your motivation and availability to work. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

I decided to work elsewhere for the summer.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

Single interview process, dress appropriately. Typical questions regarding previous customer service experience. Focus on customer service as a personal job priority during the interview. Knowledge of fractions a must (it is surprising how many people are hired who struggle with basic fractions)

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation as Stop and Shop is a Union shop.

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop in July 2014.

Interviews were not very long. What was went over was any special skills and availability. Afterwards, there was a briefing of what the job asks of you and then you are told that you will be called back for anything else. I got a call back the same day saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you know about produce? Can you tell what is good or bad?   Answer Question

Gas Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoneham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoneham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stop & Shop.

The hiring process was kind of iffy, although I imagine it isn't like this for everyone. I went to my first interview where I really didn't say anything, the assistant manager basically talked the whole time and I barely got a word in. He ended it by saying they'd call me back, although that didn't happen. I called after a few days but he was apparently unavailable. I kept calling but I never got him, I only spoke with him when I went shopping a week later where he just said I was not hired.

I reapplied a month later, and I got a more standard inteview process. I met with someone else, and she was pleased with me. She scheduled another interview later that day, the second interview was with my former department manager. I was called a few days later and hired to work part time.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask that many questions, certainly nothing extrordinary.   Answer Question
    No, the company is unionized so whatever you get is standardized for every employee.