Stryker

Updated 16 Jan 2015
Updated 16 Jan 2015

3.4

Change Control Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker.

If they decide to interview you, there will be online psychological test. If one passes that, then you will receive an email requesting you to have a phone interview with a recruiter that is not from Stryker. The phone interview will consist of psychological-type questions that are mostly irrelevant to your doing the actual job.

Interview Questions
    • All of them - the phone interview was standard psychological mumbo jumbo. Phone interviewer was recruiter than had just graduated from college (looked her up on LinkedIn); she was rude and unprofessional.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Did an initial phone interview. It was like a generic personality test, felt like about 30-40 questions. They only want you to give yes/no answers with no further explanation. There was no discussion of the position or my skills/qualifications. This seems like a really old-fashioned and outdated way of selecting employees.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Was first contacted via email in response to an application I submitted via my university's website.

The first interview was very enjoyable. The recruiter was personable and straightforward on all questions. A few questions about prior experience were asked and some personality questions were asked to get an idea whether or not I would be a candidate for the Gallup.

The Gallup was exactly as it has been stated in other reviews. It was quick, short answers, and little to no feedback. The hardest part was definitely coming up with examples or elaborations on certain questions, and after the fact there was definitely a period of time where I mulled over what better answers I could have given.

The face-to-face interviews on site were just as straightforward and engaging as the first interview. Most questions were asked about my experience and the tasks/responsibilities I was familiar with. The interviewers were fantastic at giving an abundance of information on any topic I inquired about, and even those I didn't, showing pretty clearly how involved and passionate they are about their work.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of an idea that you have come up with within that past two weeks.   Answer Question

Endoscopic Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Stryker.

Very laid back interview process. First contact was via email, stating a position opened up. Set up face-to-face interview. Face to face was pretty laid back, but they really want people who have team-building skills, multi-tasking abilities, and a great positive personality. Next step is the Gallup phone interview. Just be yourself. BIGGEST TIP- Be prepared to answer all questions in S.T.A.R. format (Situation, Task needed, Action Taken, Result of the Action). Smile through the phone, and remember that this is a position for team players i.e. serving, sports, leadership, fraternity/sorority etc!

Did not negotiate.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I talked to a recruiter at the job fair at my university and was contacted for an on campus interview.
    The on-campus interview was purely personality and behavioral with two interviewers. The first interviewer, who happened to be the recruiter that I spoke with, asked behavioral questions such as giving specific examples of when I displayed certain qualities. The second interviewer then asked my a series of rapid fire "yes" or "no" personality questions.
    I was contacted two weeks after the interview, inviting me for a second interview. This was a phone interview with a third party company called Gallup. I found this one to be harder because it was almost an hour of asking about personality and giving specific examples.
    I was just contacted for an on-site interview about a month after I completed the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked if you portray Type A traits like leadership, not being afraid to stand against the popular opinion, keeping busy, etc. What makes it challenging is that every question is followed by being asked to give a specific example of when you demonstrated the trait. MY mind was going blank because I was so nervous.   Answer Question

Distribution Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in December 2014.

The interview went really well. It was set up by Bradley Morris and I had good information about Stryker going into the interview along with information about my interviewer. I was asked basic interview type questions. For example, tell me a little about yourself and walk me through your resume. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with I handle conflict and resolve issues with customers. My interviewer was very personable and easy going and made the interview seem more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with customers when you cannot meet their demands?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I applied through my school for an internship. I was invited for a face to face interview, but haven't heard back yet. I believe some people have gotten a no already but I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure how it went. The face to face interview consisted of a couple of technical questions (regarding my own expertise), but was mostly filled with a lot of quick personality questions.

Engineering Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later