Stryker

Getting the Interview

334 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Interview Details Facetime interview after HR phone interview. HR interview was very straight to the point only asking minimal questions about work history. Facetime was with sales manager and more intense asking questions about sales history, rankings, and other questions on what you can bring to the table.

Interview Question – Weird questions though like name three people you would bring to dinner with you and why. Other questions were the normal like tell me your strengths and what would people say negative about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details Brief phone interview, very simple behavioral questions

Interview Question – none. all were to be expected   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details It was an extremely long and tedious process. It was 4 rounds including a two-day onsite interview. The company profile is fairly cult-like and everyone posts their Gallup scores on their cubicles. Overall it was an interesting experience but glad I did not take the offer.

Interview Question – What is a common misconception about you?   Answer Question

Quality Management Specialist Interview

Freiburg, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Very prompt initial contact to schedule a phone interview. The interview consisted of most common and standard questions like from a book: first I was asked to run the interviewer through my CV, then for my strengths, weaknesses, why I want to leave the current job, why Stryker, when I can start and how much I am expecting to earn at this position. After about half an hour, she said she will tell me about the position (which actually did not happen since she only quickly read out to me the job description, almost verbatim as I had in front of me on the table) and told me they will get back to me.

Interview Question – Why have you moved so much? Being an expat and having lived in three countries, I have difficulties answering this question to locals...   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Was contacted through recruiter and sent several emails back and forth regarding the position. Secured in person interview with hiring manager (did not have phone interview). Very standard F2F interview, fairly casual, short in time frame ~25min. I found it to be generally low pressure and not intimidating. Interview was located in a hotel lobby.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you converted/ flipped a doctor from one product to another?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Received a phone call from a Stryker hiring manager which lasted about 40 minutes. The process was a bit unique for me because I was connected by a recruiter because of my military background. I felt it was more a discussion than a Q and A session, but I guess each company has their own methods. After the discussion I learned that it went well, but I was a better fit for another position. This was a little disheartening since I then had to go through the phone interview with another hiring manager, and I am still waiting on those results.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, a lot of questions that asked about my military experience and how it might apply to their company. My advise would be to have a few vignettes ready which emphasize your managerial capabilities. These will undoubtedly come up at the actual interview anyway.   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Question – Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Gallup, onsite interview

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Jackson, MS (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted through LinkedIn as a candidate. I told the recruiter that I would like to pursue this opportunity, as it would be a big step up in my career.

The recruiter called within a few days for an initial interview. Questions were mostly about where I was in my current situation, how I measured success, etc. Formal screen, from what I can tell.

The recruiter contacted me again a few days later asking if I would like to meet/interview with the Regional Manager in two days. I made sure I studied up on the company beforehand and went into the interview as prepared as I could (without first having talked to anyone in the company). Cafepharma, Medzilla, and this site helped immensely.

This interview was face-to-face and I learned a lot. It is true that the company culture is gravitated around winning and they like their sales reps aggressive and assertive. Confidence kills. It seems that there is emphasis on having a 'go-getter' attitude, strategic mindset, and above all - delivering results. The RM told me in a very matter-of-fact tone that if you don't make quota, you will be fired. That being said, you are allowed autonomy to get the job done however you see fit. He seemed genuinely excited about the career and that was encouraging - they want people that are hungry & enthusiastic.
He was also very upfront about, "getting the right person for the job" - which is something I can respect. A career in sales seems very much predicated on personality - (Type A, if I am any judge). There is also physical appearance to consider. In sales, attractive people often do better than not, and I'm sure this factors into the overall equation.

It was hard to get an accurate read what how the RM was thinking, but overall it was positive. Be at the ready with examples to illustrate your points and let the conversation flow. He mentioned that the salary was around 50K for this position.

That is where I am in the interview process. Do not know if I will be called for the gallup test (another, much more intensive phone screen - on personality characteristics). From what I gather, getting a call in a few days (no longer than a week) is a good sign. I'll be honest, I did not get that sign (was told two weeks). I've also read that the entire process can take a month or more.

Not worried though. We'll see where it goes! - I hope this review helps!

Interview Question – One difficult aspect was to try and get a word in. The RM was a fast talker & would often go on for awhile in a story - Not necessarily a bad thing since I asked a lot of open-ended, technical questions   View Answer

Medical Sales Interview

Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker in June 2012.

Interview Details Was referred by a local physician and customer of Stryker. Initial phone discussion was with local sales rep covering the accounts. Face to face interview was scheduled for a Friday afternoon at 4:30 at the Peabody hotel in downtown Memphis. Interview was conducted in the lobby with about 100 guests and tourists crowded around to see the Duck March. Regional Manager was supposed to be present, but he caught an early flight leaving the sales rep to do the interview. The sales rep was dressed in sweat pants, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes (because he had "been in cases all day"). The interview was basically him reading questions from a sheet and having to yell them to me because of the noise in the hotel lobby. I was neither impressed with the process or the results of my time with him.

Interview Question – Asked about my relationship with the physician who referred me for the job and if I thought our friendship might help me secure more business in the account.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Stryker Videos

Stryker – Why Work for Us?

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker interview questions and advice. All 334 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.