Stryker Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

3.4

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Stryker.

The hiring and interview process is long, but now I've learned that Stryker just wants to find you the right fit. Though it took a while, and a meeting with multiple teams, my recruiter cared enough to help find me the right place to be! My biggest hint would be not to get scared by reviews of the Gallup online. Just answer for who you are, in fact I thought it was fun! And I learned if my Gallup didn't match up to what they wanted, it didn't mean I failed, just that I wouldn't like working at Stryker.

Interview Questions
    • The Gallup is probably considered the toughest part, but I don't agree. Just be you, then focus on coming on-site because that's where you want to make sure you don't let up. Also, do some research on the group you are interviewing with, as well as what product they make or what they do. Lastly, Bring Your Resume...I looked a little silly the first time through, as I assumed they already had it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker.

Pass the Gallup, you can download a copy of the questions on Scribd.com - they were almost exactly the same questions. Answer them honestly, but having them beforehand helps you self-reflect.
    Everyone was really nice and professional. Once you get past the Gallup they are surprisingly lax on the interviews, not as much grilling as I've had in my career.

This position is not a Product Marketing position - it's a glorified sales support position. Be sure to ask lots of questions about basic marketing functions like determining and implementing strategies, decision making processes on new product launches, etc - you will uncover that "product manager" at Stryker means "field sales support." Be sure you ask a lot of questions and get to the bottom of what the position entails - I probed a lot and found this isn't a marketing or product management position at all despite what the job description says!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions weren't really hard, but just have lots of examples of behaviors. Actual interviews are quite easy - know the products and industry and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stryker.

Met at a campus career fair over a course of a week they were there. I returned for an interview the next day. The first interview was mostly your standard, why do you want to work here, how will you be a fit, etc. They explained the Gallup interview process as well. Stryker is known to have many interviews (12-15) before they feel confident hiring a full-time employee

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker.

This was a campus interview for me. There were several rounds starting from written test and then a group discussion followed by the technical and HR interview. After this, there was a behavioral interview by Gallup.
    In the technical interview our basic understanding of the subject was tested. The questions were simple and fundamental. The Gallup round was for approximately 1 hr with around 100-150 questions. This was the tough part where they ask questions regarding your achievements, your behavior and various other things, with examples. This was a mandatory for every new employee joining Stryker at any level. They made sure we would fit the company's culture.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part I felt was to be prepared for the Gallup round, where questions like what did you achieve in the last one week? and how did you help a friend in the last one month? They were tricky because they would ask the same question again in a different form and make sure you are telling the truth.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Stryker uses Gallup to determine how you will fit into the position you are interviewing for. The profile is saved in you HR folder and reevaluated if you want to change roles throughout your career. The process is a marathon, not a sprint and there seemed to be tricks along the way to catch people off their game.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing out of the ordinary, besides the quantity of interviews and slight disorganization of the process   Answer Question

Complaint Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Initial communication was good. Had hr call with basic background information. Then set follow up with Gallup personality review. Don't care about team work want driven decisive people who take charge from what I can tell.

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in September 2014.

Process took ~3 weeks. I applied online through Stryker's website, and the process looked like this:
    1) Had an initial phone screening, which was maybe 15 minutes just to ask some basic questions about the resume as well as a few behavioral questions.
    2) Gallup phone interview, took about 30 minutes. All behavioral questions, and probably the toughest part of it all. Try to keep answers short unless asked to expand, with most of the answers being yes/no.
    3) Interviewed with the regional HR manager to discuss the position. This is where I fell off the map and was not offered a position. It seems like the position might be more "sales" than some might think, but that's just stipulation.

Overall the hiring manager from their San Jose location was very kind and helpful, it made the hiring process much easier and very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • "do you prefer to be on a successful team with acquaintances or a close team that is less successful"
      "are you a logical thinker or creative"
        Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker in September 2014.

I applied through an employee referral. The recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager since I had previously interviewed both on site and over the phone for other positions. Many of the interview questions focused on my current role, which isn't really applicable to the role I was interviewing for. The reason I applied this role is because it's more applicable to my past experience and future career aspirations. Despite my sharing this information in the interview, the hiring manager focused on my current role and didn't seem to understand that I am looking to branch out. Ultimately they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly situational and trying to gauge how you handle different scenarios that you may come across on the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process started with a call from the recruiter. After passing the initial interview I was asked to take the Gallup test. After passing the Gallup I spoke to the hiring manager and another person in the department. I was then invited to fly out for the in person interview. While onsite I had 10 separate interviews that all went very well. I received great feedback from some of the individuals instantly. After the interview I didn't hear anything. After a week of waiting I reached out to the HR representative who told me that she would talk to the hiring manager and get back to me on timelines .. that was 9 days ago and I haven't heard anything. The lack of professionalism has changed how I feel about the company and my desire to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all your interviews today who was the most difficult interviewee and why?   Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

I know it is extensive, I had one phone screening and one personal interview and was not communicated with after that. I sent the person I interviewed with an email and he responded promptly by text.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!