Stryker

Updated 16 Dec 2014
Updated 16 Dec 2014

3.4

Endoscopic Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Stryker.

Very laid back interview process. First contact was via email, stating a position opened up. Set up face-to-face interview. Face to face was pretty laid back, but they really want people who have team-building skills, multi-tasking abilities, and a great positive personality. Next step is the Gallup phone interview. Just be yourself. BIGGEST TIP- Be prepared to answer all questions in S.T.A.R. format (Situation, Task needed, Action Taken, Result of the Action). Smile through the phone, and remember that this is a position for team players i.e. serving, sports, leadership, fraternity/sorority etc!

Did not negotiate.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I talked to a recruiter at the job fair at my university and was contacted for an on campus interview.
    The on-campus interview was purely personality and behavioral with two interviewers. The first interviewer, who happened to be the recruiter that I spoke with, asked behavioral questions such as giving specific examples of when I displayed certain qualities. The second interviewer then asked my a series of rapid fire "yes" or "no" personality questions.
    I was contacted two weeks after the interview, inviting me for a second interview. This was a phone interview with a third party company called Gallup. I found this one to be harder because it was almost an hour of asking about personality and giving specific examples.
    I was just contacted for an on-site interview about a month after I completed the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked if you portray Type A traits like leadership, not being afraid to stand against the popular opinion, keeping busy, etc. What makes it challenging is that every question is followed by being asked to give a specific example of when you demonstrated the trait. MY mind was going blank because I was so nervous.   Answer Question

Distribution Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in December 2014.

The interview went really well. It was set up by Bradley Morris and I had good information about Stryker going into the interview along with information about my interviewer. I was asked basic interview type questions. For example, tell me a little about yourself and walk me through your resume. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with I handle conflict and resolve issues with customers. My interviewer was very personable and easy going and made the interview seem more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with customers when you cannot meet their demands?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I applied through my school for an internship. I was invited for a face to face interview, but haven't heard back yet. I believe some people have gotten a no already but I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure how it went. The face to face interview consisted of a couple of technical questions (regarding my own expertise), but was mostly filled with a lot of quick personality questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker.

On-site personal interview day.
    Hiring Manager Interview
    Technical Interview 1
    Technical Interview 2
    Technical Interview 3
    Hiring Manager Interview
    HR Wrap Up

Hiring managers: Hiring managers were friendly and charismatic. They felt like the people you WOULD like to work for.

The engineers who interviewed me, though, were another story.
    Technical Interview 1: One was an introverted soft-spoken man who never responded to the answers I was giving for technical questions. Essentially faced with a blank face, I was unsure what to do next after answering a question.
    Technical Interview 3: This guy was easily very proud of himself. After answering questions, he was eager to correct me and point out what was wrong. At one point, he called me a liar, which was very offensive. He was quite spiteful in his tone of voice--until his superior came to interview me. Then he turned all smiles and "bro-on-bro," which only made me more disappointed with who I would be working alongside with.

HR was extremely friendly and dynamic, but I will not pursue a job there considering the people they chose to interview me were not inspiring.

Interview Questions
    • How multiple communication protocols worked from a low-level all the way to top-level.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in November 2014.

I first applied to the job opening by sending my cover letter and resumer to a recruiter. From there, the recruiter emailed, asked me to apply to the job online through Stryker's website. Additionally, I was asked to give a list of times that would work for around a 30 minute phone interview that was more just to get to know me and not so much a technical interview. All of this held true, and the phone interview was very laid back and actually pleasant. From there if they like you, they send you a follow up email to be send up with the Gallup phone interview, which you schedule whenever you like. The Gallup interview is manageable if you prepare and practice for it. From there, they bring you on site for about 4/4.5 hours and are asked to presentation on yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a results-oriented team and a teamwork oriented team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First, I went through a phone screen that was very easy. Next, there was an outsourced interview that was much longer. Questions asked were not relevant to position, especially as a student.