Subway

Average Difficulty
343 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Preston, North West England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was called a week or two later to come into an interview the next day. I arrived and was taken into the back area for the staff. Questions were general interview questions such as 'What do you know about the company' (mention its a green company) 'How do you define customer service' etc. The interviewer did say i would receive a call the next day or the day after however i didnt receive one.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness, Jobs you wouldnt like doing   View Answer

Romford, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and 10 or 15 days after I was called for an interview. I went there and I said I was there for an interview and if I could speak to the manager. The person working at the till in that moment literally told me "You dont call Bob, Bob calls you" (Bob wasnt the managers name, I decided to keep it private) I was astonished. I didnt know what to say, anyway, at the end he called the manager and he gave me a questionaire with IQ questions and normal customer service questions as well as bankdetail and NI number. I completed it then he asked me to go upstairs with him so he can ask me some questions. It was typical interview questions. Then he told me the pay rate which was 5.03£/h and invited me for a one week unpaid training seemed a bit sketchy but I accepted since I am looking for a job desperately. I showed up the next day like he said (A friday) and I was waiting for him all day since he was supposed to provide my traaining, at the end of the day the co workers helped me and showed me around what to do and etc. He never actually showed up even after several phone calls to his mobile phone from co workers and him saying he would come in a bit. (keep in mind i was there from 9.30AM til 3:03PM) When it came closer to the time I was meant to leave my co workers called him to ask when I should come back and he never answered the phone, they texted him and said to him to phone me. I never received a phonecall later that day or ever. I was left without knowing what to do in the weekend or the bank holiday. I decided to not go anymore since the unprofessional manager was too much for me. So i treated him like he treated me. I never showed up again.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions-   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Subway in March 2014.

Interview Details I got there early of course but the manager didn't turn up until half an hour after my interview was scheduled for. She took me to a corridor where the workers were trying to get past me & i felt rude having to keep grtting up to let them past. The qurstions were quite straight forward for a job interview. She asked if I would be willing to do unpaid training and talked a lot about the other workers

Interview Question – .Xwhy do you want to work here? What are you weaknesses? What are your strengths? When can you work? Do you have transport? Why should i give you the job? What do you do at the moment?   Answer Question

Dundee, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied through the Subway Careers website for positions in a few local stores, got a phone call a few weeks later. My interviewers arranged to meet at a local restaurant but gave poor directions and was not organised.

During the interview, my interviewers were both thoroughly unprofessional and, while what they said was fine, their attitude and wording in places left me stunned. I am not allowed to quote what they said on Glassdoor but it contained multiple profanities aimed at previous/current workers at the store.

Ignoring the unprofessional attitude that had already put me off of the role, the interview questions were all fairly basic. There was a huge focus on my previous roles and my career to date, with some questions that were obviously targeted at gauging my suitability to the role. There was one basic numerical question.

Interview Question – How many hours do you think the store is open per week?   View Answer

Sheffield, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details Applied online and in around a month got invited for an interview. Was very straight forward, only asked about availability and a couple of questions about my CV. They said they would ring me the next day and didn't, so I rang them a couple of days later and they said they still had interviews which was a lie as my interviewee said I would have to start within 2 days of my interview. Very disappointing as this was my first interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in April 2013.

Interview Details The interview is rather easy. But if you are staying for less than 6 months, do not mention it. They do not normally hire people staying less than 6 months because it is not worth it.

Interview Question – Normal Questions. It was more like a chat. Easy stuff   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in December 2009.

Interview Details This was a very laid back interview. I met with the general manager and another manager at the location that I would be hired at. Then followed a series of questions about why i wanted to work there and what would i bring to the job. Overall a rather easy interview.

Interview Question – What would you bring to the job?   Answer Question

Fontana, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Everett, WA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway in March 2010.

Interview Details The hiring was very simple. They only asked me if I was available any shifts and if I was Willing to work alone. And also what experience did I have supervising.

Interview Question – Would you give free food to a homeless person?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Management Interview

Management

Interviewed at Subway

Interview Details promoted from within. Was approached by upper management and asked if I would be interested in a promotion. I trained as assistant manager for a few weeks and then went to their management training classes. After completion of the classes you move on to a manager training store where you work for up to 8 weeks.

Interview Question – No questions as it is all about politics!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!