SunGard

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solution Architect Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Question – Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2013.

Interview Details I had three interviews:
First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Interview Question – Quantitative question   View Answer

Software Analyst Summer Internship Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details Online test, telephone interview, two tests(mathematics, programming)

Interview Question – Summarize risks of a gambling company   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in February 2012.

Interview Details where do you see yourself in 5 years
why should we hire you?
name a few of your key achievements during your career?

Interview Question – give me an example of failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Market Data & Applications Support Trainee Analyst Interview

London, England

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in July 2011.

Interview Details I applied for this job in June. I got a call from them for first interview.
Not to mention How rude their HR was on the phone , but anyways I decided to go and try my luck.
I went through the first interview and it was quite easy. Then I got a second interview within a week and it went well as well. After that I had to wait two week to find out that I was not selected.
People there were grumpy and looked torned out.
I find this company very unproffessions. Receptions is grumpy and extremelly rude.
Seriously DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a better place to go.
There are so many better jobs out there!

Interview Question – Tell me how you solved a technical problem?   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Applications Support
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the role of Application Support Analyst at a listed derivatives technology division and was emailed by the in-house recruiter, who clarified the salary range on offer. After replying that I was happy to proceed with the application, it all went silent.

After one month or thereabouts, I got a phone call from the recruiter, explaining that the position had been put on hold for a while but was now re-opened. He arranged for me to be interviewed by the Operations Director and I thought the interview went very well. At the end of the interview, the Director mentioned that it might be a while before I hear from them due to the number of applicants.

After waiting for over two months, I emailed the recruiter and also left him a voicemail to find out whether I was still being considered for the next round or not but was never contacted back. A few weeks later, the status of my online application was changed from 'considering' to 'withdrawn' and I also noticed the position was being re-advertised.

The experience was completely unprofessional and discorteous and certainly reflects poorly on the firm's culture.

Interview Question – What do you understand by business management?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview Details I first had an online test. It needed abit of preparation but generally would be fine after practicing before taking the test.

After that I had 2 1:1 interviews with 2 employees at the company. The interview was almost mainly fit questions. No technical questions at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you solved a problem that others could not solve.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details 2 Phone interviews

Interview Question – Typical interview. No curve balls or trick questions.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details Took several months from initial interview to start date. Very involved, met numerous management teams. All very willing to provide insight into the company, culture and open position. SunGard was in growth mode at the time. People were excited to be part of the team. Inteviews focused on sales performance and team development. Strong culture and work ethics stressed.

Interview Question – What books had I most recently read.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick - hiring manager wanted the position filled.

Operations Tech Interview

Operations Tech
Somerville, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Question – Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews are posted anonymously by SunGard employees and interview candidates.